April 2015 Moms

More wet than dirty??

ladyteach0505ladyteach0505 member
edited May 2015 in April 2015 Moms
We saw the pediatrician yesterday because our three week old has been having 12+ wet diapers a day and only 1 or 2 dirty.  She's gaining weight and seems to look good otherwise and the pediatrician told us the diaper thing is totally normal, but i never asked WHY the change. Anyone else? It just sort of freaks me out. :((She gets formula and breast milk.) I caught a urine sample in a cup because I'm trying to avoid a cath to rule out a uti. Dr said urine looked like normal urine just looking at it and no fever or big change in feeding.

Re: More wet than dirty??

• Ours told us that at about 3 or 4 weeks, their bowel movements become less frequent and it's nothing to worry about. About the wet diapers, I'm not sure. Ours has a wet diaper after every feed and nap. Does she cry inconsolably? That might be an indication of a UTI, as they are usually painful. You could also seek a second opinion if you want to be sure. No harm in that.
  • cataa12cataa12 member
    My pediatrician said that it's totally normal to have so many wet diapers a day. It actually indicates they are very hydrated. Just to worry if there aren't enough.
  • Loading the player...
  • My two week old has a dirty diaper just once a day. As far as the wet diapers he has one with every feed (every 3 hours) and sometimes I will change him in between if he's crying
  • My almost 4 week old hasn't had a dirty diaper in a few days, she's breastfed so from what I've been told it's normal and not to worry. I wouldn't worry too much momma if her ped wasn't concerned all should be well:)