May 2015 Moms
Options

Induction help

so, I am very nervous. I am currently dilated 5 cm and this is my first time being pregnant. I am 40 weeks today and my doctor wants to induce my labor May 27, 2015. I don't know what to expect and I'm scared the induction will lead to a c-section. I'm hoping my son will come before then because I really would like everything to stay natural. PLEASE SOMEONE TELL ME EVERYTHING WILL BE OKAY :-S

Re: Induction help

• Options
    hecka20veggiehecka20veggie member
    edited May 2015
    Please don't worry! I have no medical proof to give you, but I can tell you I got induced at 1 cm dilated and 37 weeks (due to preeclampsia) and I had a vaginal birth! A healthy one too!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    24-year-old | FTM | CA, US | Multi-cultural & Proud | Hippie Dippie Crunchy Veggie Yogini
    Our little bean's birthday 05.14.15
  • Options
    I was just induced on the 21st with my 3rd and still had the same fears you have! I am happy to report that I went in at 3cm 85% and they broke my water at 8:30 after starting pitocin at 7 am. Got an epidural at noon and she was out by 4:30! It went very smooth and I was very shocked/relieved. You've made so much progress already I wouldn't worry about it at all!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    kby721kby721 member
    I'm having the same fears. Everyone's body reacts differently to the pitocin but I think for most it does what it's supposed to. I'm doing everything I can to get this girl moving before my scheduled induction date but at least there is an end in sight and we know the doctors will do whatever is best for us and our babies to get them here safely.
  • Options
    I was induced with my 1st and when the induction started I was only dilated to a 2. I had a vaginal birth after about 10 hours start to finish. Good luck!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options
    ldobyldoby member
    Congrats to you
  • Options
    ldobyldoby member
    edited May 2015
    Thanks everyone so much. It just freaks me out not knowing what to expect especially since it's my first pregnancy. I just feel rushed to have my baby m, however my doctor had tried to calm me down. She explained to me most women go in to get induced without evening making it to 5cm and have successful births. I guess I'm just more scared because I did not plan on receiving an epidural.
  • Options
    mnbandomnbando member
    I was induced starting at 1cm. They started pitocin first for about 12 hours, but I didn't make any progress. Then, they started the cervadil and contractions started on their own. I was able to still go through labor without pain meds. Just remember everyone is different, but it is possible to be induced and not have an epidural.
  • Options
    Yea I don't want to be Debbie downer but c section is possible but nothing to worry about. I was induced last Monday and they put me on cervadil and I dilated nothing then got the foley ballon placed in me and dilated to 5 cm and my contractions were strong. Dilated to 7 cm and then everything stopped I couldn't dilate anymore and baby's heartrate went down not dramatically but it's was to be payed attention to. Doctors gave me the option I could go in for c section or wait another couple hours to see if my body miraculously dilates to 9 cm. mind you it's been almost 30 hours of labor, and there was a chance that baby would be very distressed. So we choose c section, luckily we did because baby was positioned where she couldn't of gotten out vaginally on her own and poor things head was swollen from all the contractions . But she's great and the experience was wonderful. I went home the next day and have been recovering fine. Just wanted to let you know that it may happen but do what's best for the baby. It's best to throw any plans out the window. You never know what going to happen. I hope I didn't make I'd worse. Just wanted to share my good experience ;) good luck in there.
  • Options
    I had my son on 5/15/15. I'm a second time mom, second induction (water broke and no contractions 36hr later) and I made it through pitocin with no epidural. It IS possible if you're committed to a pain-med free labor! I used a lot of wave/surfing visualizations and my husband rubbed my back, helped me to release tension during contractions. You can do it!
  • Options
    You can refuse an induction if baby is ok. Keep that in mind. I'm 42 weeks tomorrow and will finally discussion induction on Tuesday if he's not here.

Being 5 can already will help. If you want natural keep a positive attitude. I've been told that is half of not more of the natural way. Believe you can do it!!!
  • Options
    I had the exact same fears as you! I was induced Thursday night because I was a week late- I was super hesitant and I cried all night to my husband about my fears of and section. I was only 2cm dialated and 80 percent effaced after the cervadil and it took me a long time and pitocin to hit 5cm so you are half way there!! I had a very long labor and had to take pain meds before the epidural because my contractions were so bad they were making me throw up and it was too early for an epidural. I went in to my birth open minded with no birth plan and I'm so glad I did. Once it was time to push, I pushed for 3 hours (awful I know). My midwife and doctor kept telling me that he was almost out and I had to keep going because they didn't want to get a c section. Well, I delivered vaginally a healthy 8lb 2oz 20.5 inch long baby last night at 7:07! You will be fine!!!
  • Options
    ldobyldoby member
    Thank you everyone so much the encouragement is amazing. I decided to go through with the induction because I am extremely excited to see my son. I have decided to put it Gods hands.
  • Options
    mbt385mbt385 member
    I also had a very successful induction as a FTM! The worst part was multiple rounds of cervidil before the actual induction process could be started. Once I was 4cm, they started pitocin at 8am, water broke around 10am, I slept off and on with the peanut ball in various positions (that epidural was awesome!), and by 3:20pm it was time to push. Baby girl arrived at 3:31pm. Good luck to you! It will go great, I'm sure!