June 2015 Moms

Savings on baby stuff! Discount tips for Target and Amazon registry completion; Rugs USA sale.

joyfuljennyjoyfuljenny member
edited May 2015 in June 2015 Moms
Hello! Now that both of our showers have taken place, thank you notes have all been written, and I've made returns on duplicate items, I'm looking at what we still need/want for the nursery. I've come across a few savings that I thought I'd share, in case they can help anyone else.

For Target: if you're not currently receiving texts for Target baby discounts, then text BABY5 to 827438 for a 10% off coupon code for baby items (I found this offer on retailmenot.com). You do have to sign up to receive texts regarding baby discounts, but that can be stopped at any time. I received my coupon code within just a couple minutes, and I WAS able to combine it with our 15% off registry completion discount code -- hooray! I'm ordering our glider for the nursery from target.com, so this brought the savings from 15% to 25%, which was significant.

For Amazon: I ran into a little snag where I couldn't initially sign up for Amazon mom, because our Prime membership was started from my husband's account. To fix this, we just signed up for Amazon Households, which essentially combined our accounts. I don't know why we weren't aware of this before, but it was a very easy process. As soon as we confirmed it and signed up for Amazon mom (free with a Prime membership), the 15% off registry completion discount became available when viewing our registry from my account. Here's the link about Amazon Households: https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201806380.

Lastly, I recently ordered a rug for the nursery from Rugs USA (this one: https://www.rugsusa.com/rugsusa/rugs/rugs-usa-modern-trellis/navy-blue/200HJHK03F-26010.html). I got it during their Mother's Day sale for 75% off with NO shipping charges and no tax. So, for an 8x10 rug we only paid $200! I couldn't find a better deal than that anywhere. Their shipping was super fast, the rug arrived about 3 days after I ordered it. It seems to be great quality, and all the online reviews were very positive as well. Rugs USA is doing another 75% off sale for Memorial Day, so I thought I'd mention it in case anyone is still looking for a rug.

Hope that can be helpful to someone! Anyone else finding any good discounts or deals?

Re: Savings on baby stuff! Discount tips for Target and Amazon registry completion; Rugs USA sale.

• Oh, one more thing! If you're ordering online through target.com and you use ebates or swagbucks, don't forget to start your order through one of those pages. Ebates is offering 2% cash back on target.com purchases, and swagbucks is offering 2SB per dollar spent.
  • HoosOnFirstHoosOnFirst member
    edited May 2015
    Oh man I wish I had known about amazon households! We have the same issue with my and DHs accounts and I just gave up and only got the 10% discount :(

Sounds like still worth joining though - thanks!
  • Loading the player...
  • I'd never heard about households either, but it's definitely a good idea and about time! Thanks for sharing that, @joyfuljenny!
  • I was able to set up amazon mom on my DH account since hes the only one with prime without complications and I didn't have to join our accounts to do so. I wonder why you all have had problems I just added amazon mom a few months back and it said it was for those people who take care of child rather it be mom, dad, grandma, etc. Since there are so many different circumstances now that it wasn't only for "Mom's".
  • Hi @trytry38ever, I could add Amazon Mom, if I wanted to pay for it. DH is the holder of the Prime Account and he shares it with me, so only he could get Amazon Mom for free - which I think it what you are saying. Which practically speaking didn't make sense since I'm the one who would know when to order diapers, etc. But we couldn't get Amazon to make it work (I emailed them) so ultimately we just had DH join Amazon Mom and I'll have to just let him know when and what to order. Not terrible, just annoying,
  • Oh I see what you are saying sorry for the confusion. I thought you all couldn't add it because it was in a guys account. Yes that is how it would be for me probaly, but I have been using his account for so long it doesn't annoy me at all that I would have to use his account.
  • Oh I see what you are saying sorry for the confusion. I thought you all couldn't add it because it was in a guys account. Yes that is how it would be for me probaly, but I have been using his account for so long it doesn't annoy me at all that I would have to use his account.

Yep! Same thing @hoodoll82 said. My husband and I have separate accounts, he signed up for prime and shared it with me (several months ago, I think before amazon households existed), but I created the registry under my account. He could have signed up for amazon mom no problem, but I wanted to be able to order from my account, and the only way I could figure out to get the full 15% off registry completion was to join our accounts with amazon households. So I actually did sign up for amazon mom from my husband's account, but because we are joined now through amazon households, it automatically shared all prime and mom benefits with my account.
  • Here are few tips that helped us to save money on baby stuff
    • Buy Open Box Diapers on Amazon and get 10%-20% discount on diapers
    • Setup price alerts on Amazon and buy whenever price drops. Amazon keeps changing price of items regularly. Another way to add the items to Wish List and check manually for price drops.
    • Use Amazon Prime Card / Target Red Card to get additional 5% off on their websites. I prefer Target RedCard as they take 5% off product before calculating tax. Amazon, gives 5% cash back on total amount spent on Amazon.
    • Be open to switch diaper brands and save money
    • Buy in bulk at Costco / Sam's Club warehouse. By the way, you can shop at costco without membership. Get get a costco gift card and use it.

I find diaper deals at www.babydiaperdeals.com