May 2015 Moms
Options

Tired of waiting

my due date is tomorrow and I am going to ask my doctor to schedule me to be induced. Is anyone doing this?

Re: Tired of waiting

• Options
    I'm 4 days overdue, you can't rush the baby! I'm not bringing up induction cause I'd much rather let my body go into labor on its own, but if my doctor brings it up and that's what I have to do, then I will.
  • Options
    Im being induced next week at 39 weeks. My doctor said it's perfectly safe and will not affect health of the baby. I'm in so much pain and just cannot even function anymore. I had an induction at 40 weeks with my first daughter, and it was great.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Kye042Kye042 member
    I'm due today and the baby is measuring 41.5 weeks. So Monday my doctor told me if the baby hasn't come we will talk about induction.
  • Options
    I'm 11 days overdue with my second. I don't plan to induce until I have to. I believe my midwives induce just before 43 weeks so if he's not here by next Friday I will. I'm uncomfortable and crabby but he is healthy and safe and I believe he will come when he is ready.
  • Options
    MrsS728MrsS728 member
    I wouldn't rush it. I had to b induced at 40+2 because I was 5 cm and 80%, but not in labor. They were afraid I wouldn't make it to the hospital if they sent me home...I was also GBS+ and needed the 2- 4hour doses of antibiotics......I had my daughter in 1 hour from the time they broke my water to delivery. I didn't want to be induced, but did what was best for my daughter. 
  • Options
    I'm 40+5, was due last Saturday. My doctor told me Monday if he didn't come by today he wanted to schedule induction for this weekend. I've had minimal progress and he measured 8lb11oz almost two weeks ago.
  • Options
    saric83saric83 member
    I talked to my doctor about it a few weeks ago, and they won't do it until at least 41 weeks, which is fine with me.  This waiting game is extremely frustrating and pretty painful, but I'm just trying to be patient.
  • Options
    I had an induction with my first on her due date due to large baby and supposedly low fluids but the tech was wrong about the fluids. It was not pleasant. I went into labor naturally with my second, had her at 41 1/2 weeks about 2 hours after getting toy the hospital, felt awesome right after. My third I was induced at 41 1/2 weeks and it took s full 24 hours to have him and was rough .the waiting can seriously drive a person insane but I am determined to wait this one out. Personally I hate pitocin worse than I hate waiting. :)
  • Options
    kby721kby721 member
    I am 40 weeks on Saturday. Had a doctor appt today and am only 1 cm so we scheduled induction for 10 days from today. I am really hoping she comes on her own within the next 10 days because I do not want to go through the induction process. My doctor suggested walking, raspberry leaf tea and sex to get things going naturally.
  • Options
    I was due Tuesday, but my doctor will not let me go past 41 weeks. I'm scheduled to be induced Wednesday but am hoping he decides to come before then! Good luck!
  • Options
    I'll be 40 weeks in Monday and had a check yesterday. My midwife explained that they don't consider induction until 41 weeks (unless medically necessary) because it increases the risk for needing further interventions. I'm feeling super antsy and have been uncomfortable with false labor for over a week now, but knowing that I'm progressing well and health wise everything is ok, its reassuring. Just keep telling myself that my baby and body will connect to make this happen when it's the right time!
  • Options
    I had my 40 Week appointment yesterday and went into wanting my doc to induce me asap, but after talking with her about it more, I changed my mind and decided to wait for a few more days. At least waiting until inducement is the only option. I totally get what you're feeling though, I'm so done with pregnancy and can't wait until it's over! :)
  • Options
    I'm due Monday with my 3rd and am so done with this pregnancy that I scheduled an induction for Monday. I know babe is healthy and ready, it's my body that's not. This has been an incredibly stressful unplanned pregnancy that just happened to fall during what seems like a million life changes. I think my body is still in stress shock. Follow your instincts and don't let anyone make you feel guilty! I bet today you'd never look at any of your friends and be able to tell who came out how!!! Best of luck
  • Options
    I'm 39+1 weeks and I'm on the done side. I don't want to induce, but if the discussion comes up this week I will be making plans for it. Doc wants me to walk to try to get my labor going, and that's all fine and good...if walking and standing didn't hurt so bad! DS is hitting nerves that are having me doubled over in so much pain I am screaming/crying and clinging to whatever I can find. I just want to have some relief from the pain... D:
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Oh girl I am right there with you. Last night we went to my mom's for a family dinner, and I was in so much pain I was doubled over, sobbing. I was at my breaking point. My mom poured me a little less than half a glass of Moscato with my dinner, and idk if it was that or a miracle, but I felt so much better after that.