Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Seriously?? DH turned me down!

My DH didn't want to have sex this morning because he knows my fertile window is approaching and he said,"lets save it for then since I know you'll want to do it everyday" I tried again later and got turned down again. He's afraid if we do it now he won't be able to do his thing when I'm ovulating. We never had any problems in this department until we started TTC. I'm trying to not add pressure and that's part of the reason I'm encouraging sex when it's not to make a baby. I failed and he's already worried about this next try.. :-S

Re: Seriously?? DH turned me down!

• Options
    Mel90412 said:

I turned off the TTC and turned on the sexy, and it has helped me a lot in the bedroom!

Totally agree with this! We've had 0 department in the mattress mambo department except when he knew the "window" was approaching, and then it started feeling like a chore. We agreed that this time around he'll be aloof to what's happening to keep things fun. 
    Me: 27 DH: 32
    2 Pugs: Max and Daisy (adopted 2006)

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    jmak5jmak5 member
    @Mel90412 You are right, I should have never told him when I'm expecting our next FW to be. We both naively expected TTC to be a shorter/easier process and he has had a lot of anxiety about it. After our 4th try, he read online that some studies showed decrease in sperm count, fertility, and sex drive with a medication he was taking for hair loss. My doctor said most of the time the medicine is okay for TTC but that if he's more comfortable not taking it, he can stop and ease our worries. He got off the medicine and this will be our 2nd month TTC without it. I think just reading about the horror stories of the medicine spooked him and we have had a few times he couldn't perform because of his anxiety over it. It breaks my heart to see him so worried. After this time, I won't tell him when the FW is! Hopefully that helps!
  • Options
    Lol I get turned down on a weekly basis. I know you did he was "saving up" so to speak, but if you have this problem during your fertile window, I've found out discussion is overrated ;) I've found if I don't let dh know when the fertile window is and just show up naked, everything is quite a bit more fun and there doesn't seem to be any performance hesitation. ;) that's been my experience, good luck!
  • Options
    jmak5 said:

We both naively expected TTC to be a shorter/easier process and he has had a lot of anxiety about it.

I think this is true for most couples TTC. I have anxiety about it too! I just keep it to myself more. And, of course, share with all of you lovely ladies on TB.

And who would have ever thought our men would turn us down? I thought that was a right reserved only for the wives! :D

Hopefully his anxiety will calm down and you can just go back to normal, with you being the only one "in the know" when it comes to your FW!

• Options
    It's actually healthier for sperm if you regularly ejaculate.
    My TTC History:
    2009: missed miscarriage #1 at 9 weeks (trisomy 16)
    2010: Infertility
    2011: Diagnosis and treatment (low sperm count, anastrozole for DH, clomid for me + IUI)
    2012: Baby #1
    2014: Baby #2
    October 2015: missed miscarriage #2 at 11 weeks (trisomy 22)
    March 2016 BFP#5, due November 2016.

My Charts since 2009

• Options

It's actually healthier for sperm if you regularly ejaculate.

This. Before we started TTC I found out that it is actually better to have sex about every other day throughout your cycle as opposed to just during your fertile window to keep sperm healthy. I use this as an excuse to make sure he keeps up with my drive.
  • Options
    27alex27alex member
    Just try to have sex every 2-3 days. Because I want him to ejaculate every few days, if he's not up for sex I take one for the team and give him a BJ. We had this problem a few cycles and ultimately it was on me for even telling him my window. He likes to know now that we're at the point we are, but I leave an OPK out or send him a screenshot of fertility friend. I mention it once and then leave it alone.

Just don't make it a chore. It should be about your relationship and because you both want sex. Make each other and you wanting each other because you love each other the priority.

• Options
    I walk a thin line between telling him about my fertile window and risk messing with his mojo and not telling him and risking him not being in the mood. It is a struggle for sure. He is pretty on board this cycle with trying to hit it eo day. But I realized that even before ttc I was always the initiator so getting him to initiate more sex will probably never happen...
    Me: 28 - DH: 33
    Married: Sept. 2012
    Began TTC #1: Jan. 2015
    BFP #1: July 2015, EDD 3/7/2016, Blighted Ovum, D&C at 12 weeks
    BFP #2: December 2015, EDD 8/27/2016, Blighted Ovum, D&C at 7 weeks
    BFP #3: August 2016, EDD 4/23/2017, Missed MC, D&C at 8 weeks
    BFP #4: January 2017, EDD 9/26/2017
  • Options
    I let my DH stay pretty clueless about my window and details on fertility info. I dont hide it but I don't tell him either. We have sex everyday or EOD all month since deciding to TTC. I do my opk's in the privacy of a bathroom visit or at work and he doesnt get details. But he knows when I come home with a fresh brazilian, it's gonna be a really great sex week ;).

My Chart: https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/5a0da2

TTC: April 2015

Married: 2013

• Options
    Yea...I mentioned ovulate to DH and he said, "that's not sexy at all. Keep the technical stuff to yourself." #wompwomp

**Triggers**

Me: 32  DH: 35  Married 10/4/14

TTC  #1 May 2015 BFP: July 21, 2015  Stillborn January 8, 2016

TTC #2 April 2016 BFP: June 17, 2016

Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Girl Shih-Tzu and Baby Boy Boston are my furbabies

• Options
    I think the men feel like they're being used not desired sexually.. I realized this when my DH just looked at me one night and said "you're just ovulating, you don't really want me" in my experience DH likes to feel like I'm attracted to him all the time, not just during ovulation.. My advice would be to have fun with your sex life! After all we won't have this much time to ourselves to have fun once we do get our BFP
  • Options
    QuazelQuazel member
    Is he on Propecia, by any chance? I dated someone on that for a long time and it REALLY diminished his drive. As in, more than twice a week was just not possible. I know it is a common side effect. Ditto everyone else but also, if you guys feel it may be inhibiting his performance when you both need and want it, I agree with the doc about going off it.
  • Options
    JizzillJizzill member

I think the men feel like they're being used not desired sexually.. I realized this when my DH just looked at me one night and said "you're just ovulating, you don't really want me" in my experience DH likes to feel like I'm attracted to him all the time, not just during ovulation.. My advice would be to have fun with your sex life! After all we won't have this much time to ourselves to have fun once we do get our BFP

My husband is always down for sexing...but when he knows that window is open, he acts all worn out and says 'let's not make this a chore'. I think it's purely psychological. Next cycle I'm not even going to tell him, and I'm sure we'll sail right through without any rejection. FX.
  • Options
    I'm not actively TTC yet (starting in August) but this cycle I started taking prenatals and temping. I discussed all of the deets of temping with my husband and temperature spikes/ovulation/ CM, etc...he seemed interested (or or at least he made the effort to listen to me talk about it, haha) and has asked me if I've seen a temp spike yet. I don't talk about it all the time or anything, but I definitely discussed it with him and when we start TTC I'm sure he will want to know when my FW is. I told him that we are in this together, and I don't want the full responsibility to fall on me and all he does is show up cluelessly for sex. I decreed that since we both want a child then we both will be equally involved in the process ( as in, I want him to know when the FW is, I don't plan on talking about CM or anything, lol)..... Of course after reading everyone's experiences here, I will be sure not to talk about it ad nauseum once we actually start! :)
  • Options
    Jizzill said:

My husband is always down for sexing...but when he knows that window is open, he acts all worn out and says 'let's not make this a chore'. I think it's purely psychological. Next cycle I'm not even going to tell him, and I'm sure we'll sail right through without any rejection. FX.
    Maybe he's afraid of failure.. I know my husband bragged about being able to knock me up to his friends before we got a BFP. He just "knew" i was pregnant and here we are still trying. It was kind of embarrassing for him at first.. He didn't want to try and then he got deployed and now we're trying again.
  • Options
    jmak5jmak5 member
    Quazel said:

Is he on Propecia, by any chance? I dated someone on that for a long time and it REALLY diminished his drive. As in, more than twice a week was just not possible. I know it is a common side effect. Ditto everyone else but also, if you guys feel it may be inhibiting his performance when you both need and want it, I agree with the doc about going off it.

Yes! He was on a generic form of Propecia. He feels it did lower his sex drive. To clarify, he didn't want to "save up" his sperm, he just wanted to save up his drive so he can perform when I'm ovulating. Reading about this drug really freaked him out and got him nervous. It concerned me too but I was very calm about it when taking it over with him- no use for us to both panic! Then I called my doctor to get more information. He got off of it the first week of April but I've read it can take a few months to fully get out of his system. Who knows if this impacted us or not but in the words of my DH, "I'd rather have a baby than have hair." I love him so much, I could care less if he's bald but in the past he was insecure and this drug did prevent him from losing hair.
  • Options
    jmak5 said:

Quazel said:

Who knows if this impacted us or not but in the words of my DH, "I'd rather have a baby than have hair." I love him so much, I could care less if he's bald but in the past he was insecure and this drug did prevent him from losing hair.

This made me cry... so sweet.
    Me: 37/ DH: 41
    Married: Oct 2014
    TTC #1: April 2015

• Options
    QuazelQuazel member
    I figured you meant conserve his drive, not his sperm. He definitely needs to be physically able to perform at specific times so I think he needs to be the guide on what he can do. Hopefully it will pick up soon.

My ex HATED that it held him back so much. We maintain a great friendship and I've recently noticed his hair thinning a ton. I suspect he and his DW either hate the lowered drive or are TTC. I wish them, and you guys, the best in getting through this!