December 2014 Moms
Options

Toys - Jumperoo or exersaucer?

Hi there! I haven't been on here in forever. I wish I had more time to Bump but I'm back to work now and every minute I'm home I want to spend with my baby (or I have to do house work...bleh!) So I'm bumping at work! Shh!! Don't tell my boss. :)

I'm a FTM and my LO will be 4 mths in April. My SILs have slightly older babies and lately in pictures I've been seeing them in these fun little toys so I want to get one for my LO. One was the Fisher Price Rain Forest Jumperoo and the other was an Exersaucer (not sure what brand). Question is which one would you recommend? Is one better over the other? It seems in an exersaucer the baby is more stationary whereas in a jumper they obviously can bounce and play with toys too. Is that right? Anyways, any recommendations or thoughts would be appreciated.

Re: Toys - Jumperoo or exersaucer?

• Options
    Our little guy has the rain forest jumperoo, he loves it. The only downside being he's not long enough to touch the ground. So we have an elaborate book collection underneath his feet :) I assume a lot of people would have this issue.
  • Options
    We have used both with our first born and he preferred the jumparoo
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We have a jumparoo with a large book underneath so that our DD can stand on it and stand up.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    We have both an excersaucer and jumparoo for my DS who just turned 4 months. He has only used the excersaucer so far but really likes it. The one he has is great too because it converts from activity mat, to excersaucer, and then to a stand and play so it grows with baby.

https://m.buybuybaby.com/m/product/evenflo-reg-exersaucer-reg-triple-fun-trade-animal-planet-activity-learning-center-trade/1040057095
  • Options
    We have the rainforest jumparoo too and we love it! I've never tried the other though so I can't really speak on that!
  • Options
    I was given an exersaucer so he plays in it. He's learning how to turn the seat around and look at the different toys. On the lowest position his feet touch the bottom and he likes that because he can work on pushing himself up a little with his legs. 
    They have a jumparoo at the daycare but I'm not sure if he's been in it yet since his feet wouldn't touch the ground. 
  • Options
    jumperoo because you can always attach toys to it and switch them out as they get old

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• Options
    I have the Baby Einstein's jumper. My son loves it.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We just borrowed a doorway jumper from a friend, my 15 week old just kind of relaxes in it and seems happy to be there, but no real jumping yet!
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    All depends on your kiddo my dd loved the doorway jumper but this one loves the exersaucer. She just loves standing. Good luck with your choice.
  • Options
    ses5006ses5006 member
    We have the Exersaucer that will eventually come apart to be a toddler play table. DS is interested in the toys but I have to push down on the tray for his little legs to reach the bottom. We also have the doorway jumper which is nice because it's portable and easy to store, we just take it down when he's not playing with it.
    William Ross 12/22/14 (32+5 HELLP) EDD 2/11/15
  • Options
    Jumperoo all the way.  She can stand jump all around and has toys to play with

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• Options
    I know this is an old thread, but my 2 cents- we don't have a jumperoo but DD loves her exersaucer.  I don't know that you can go wrong with either from everyone's response!
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker