Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

Bed Time

What time do you ladies put your babies to bed?

My LO is about 4 months, right now her bed time is about 9pm. Some people are telling me that is too late. I realize that when she starts school she'll need to get up earlier (she sleeps from 8:30/9-7:7:30 right now). However I feel like since those times work for us right now that its not a big deal.

Re: Bed Time

• Options
    Between now and then you can change bedtimes. You have plenty of time. Whatever works for ya'll.

My nearly 4mth old daughter goes to bed around 6-7p. She gets beyond cranky if I don't lay her down then. If we are at church later than that or out and about...she usually is asleep by the time we get home. I just change her into her night clothes and she immediately goes back to sleep.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Proud Mom to Kaleigh (14yr) Emma (12yr) and Hanna (7yr)

photo 65b2d6f3-b1dd-4a2a-944b-fcb0ed878723_zpsc89c0b93.jpg
  • Options

Don't listen to anyone else. If it works for you, then keep doing it. Bedtime will change constantly so go with what works for now.

My DD has always gone to bed around 7. That's the schedule she put herself on.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Do whatever works for you... My DD1 was always in bed by 7 bc that worked for our schedule. This new baby can't go to bed that early bc her bedtime routine is more involved than her sister's, so sister has to be in bed (now around 7:30) before I can take care of the little one. So she goes to bed around 8pm. Personally i couldn't keep them up longer bc I am too exhausted myself and I got to bed around 9-9:30 now.
    As for wake ups, DD1 sleeps till 7-7:30, DD2 till 7:30-8. So it all works out.

My neighbors' DD, same age as my DD1 has always gone to bed at 10-10:30 at night because the whole family are night owls. She then sleeps till 9:30-10am and has a nanny at home... Do whatever works.
  • Options
    Do whatever works for you , do what is best for you. My daughter ( she is 12 weeks old) goes to bed at 9 o'clock and wakes up about seven. My son who is six goes to bed at nine and wakes up at seven too.
    Baby #1 MC November 2007
    Baby #2 MC June 2008
    Baby #3 Born April 2009
    Baby #4 due date February 2015

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    Mine will be 5 months at the end of this week and we were following almost the exact same schedule you were, mandyreads. It worked perfectly because she was sleeping until we woke her up around 7 and by that time we were both up and ready for the day, and could wake her up and get her ready for daycare. We were starting our bedtime routing at 7:30 and she was asleep in her crib by about 8:30. Now, however, we are thinking of moving it to 7 because she starts to get fussy/sleepy then, and is falling asleep before she's done with her last bottle, then waking up early (around 5:30am) because she's hungry again. I agree with the statements of doing what works for you!
  • Options
    DS is just about 5 months and since around 3 months we've been putting him to bed between 7:30 and 8. Sometimes between 7 and 7:30 if he is super cranky and seems really tired. He usually sleeps until 7 but the latest he's gotten up is 7:45.
  • Options
    I am so jealous of all of you and your 7am wake-ups!  Sometimes mine will sleep that late, but usually it's between 6-6:30, which means I'm juggling baby and trying to get ready for work/day care at the same time!  He goes to bed at 8.  This is our routine:  bath (every other night) at 7pm, then PJs and book time with daddy, BF at 7:30 where he usually falls asleep, and then in bed by 7:45/8.  He usually wakes up around 4 to eat again.  If so, he'll usually sleep later (6:30 or sometimes 7/7:30).  Sometimes he sleeps through and then he's up at 5am, for the day, ugh!
    BabyFetus Ticker