Nurseries and Baby Gear

Pack and Play Recommendations

What do you like in the portable play yard arena that has a sleeper and changer? We want a good quality unit and music, lights, etc. isn't necessary. 

Some we are looking at so far...

https://www.buybuybaby.com/store/product/chicco-reg-lullaby-reg-baby-playard-in-empire-trade/1042861690?Keyword=chicco+playard

Also a ~$150 Graco model.

Re: Pack and Play Recommendations

• asm07asm07 member
    We have a similar chicco pack n play, and while we love it, it's heavy! We used it in our living room for diaper changes, but I wouldn't want to haul it around when traveling. We ended up getting a cheap, basic graco pack n play for when we go places. Neither have the little sleepers, but the mattress has the option of sitting at a higher level to be a bassinet. We used that for months. I like the changer on the chicco because it doesn't tilt to the side like some that I saw on graco's pack n plays at the store. If you can check them out in person to get an idea of sizes and what's included, I recommend doing that.
  • I chose a simple one - no sleeper/changer. I chose it because it's small, so it won't take up a lot of cargo space in the vehicle. We got ours to use for traveling.

I would try to figure out how you'll use yours. If you really think you'll utilize the extra features then go for it, but if not I would save space (and hassle) and get a simple one.
    Married November 2009
    Clara, August 2014 
    Baby Boy due October 2017
  • Loading the player...
  • The changer is super flimsy and the napper they outgrow within a month or two. We just got a regular graco pnp with a bassinet( the top part that hangs). Friend got one with napper and changer and returned to the store. Waste of money
  • We got a model very similar to the one you have listed when my first LO was born...I wasn't sure if we needed it, but it turned out to be a lifesaver! It was the only place he would sleep. We ended up buying another one - so one upstairs and on downstairs. After he outgrew the sleeper and changer, we still used it as a bassinet and then a play yard. Got lots of use in the first year! Hoping it works out as well for our second one on the way.
  • okay so we have twins and I did a ton of searching on these before we decided on one. Everyone says "they grow out of the bassinet/changer so fast" so those all were crossed off my list early. two nice features that were important to us are: portability and the height changes. It took me forever to decide between the 4moms one and the nuna sena (which we have). It's easy to travel with, setup and still plenty of room for two to play. If you have just one kiddo the mini nuna might work too. Currently it is a mini ball pit for our kids as we just found a giant pack of balls at a garage sale. Good luck!
  • We also have the Nuna Sena and LOVE it!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker