Indiana Babies

Which hospital is the better option for labor & delivery? Parkview North or Dupont?

Jamiem387Jamiem387 member
edited December 2014 in Indiana Babies
Hello ladies. This is my first pregnancy and I am trying to decide which hospital is the best (and safest) option. Any advice is appreciated!!

Re: Which hospital is the better option for labor & delivery? Parkview North or Dupont?

• I can say from personal experience, Parkview North was amazing!!! Our daughter was born there on 8/21. Had Dr. Vulluru as my doc at Northeast Ob/Gyn. We were induced at 39w3d due to preeclampsia, and still had nurses that were supportive of our birth plan. In fact, it was due to our first L&D nurse we were able to continue with a natural birth. She chose not to administer my second round of meds, and instead worked with me on a birth ball to help the baby better engage and start contractions. We had a tub room, but didn't get to use it (labor progressed oddly). The second nurse was the same...by my side helping me along to achieve my goal.

The rooms are spacious, and the food was actually great. And their nicu is awesome should you need it. Private rooms with couches so you can sleep there...and they work with Riley's children's Hospital, so should you need tests read at an odd hour, they confer with the on call docs there. We were just relocated to Ohio for my husbands job, and I was so upset because I won't be able to deliver there when baby #2 shows up!

I heard good things about Dupont too, but if I could do it all over again...I'd choose Parkview.
  • I had my first 2 at Dupont and will most likely go there for baby #3
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm delivering at dupont in August. For a long time I wanted prmc but after touring dupont, I fell in love. I know quite a few people who have had their babies at dupont and have nothing but great things to say. They're both great hospitals so either way you'll be well taken care of.
  • I delivered at Dupont & loved it. If I wasnt moving then I would definitely go there with my 2nd (due in April) but I have had a lot of friends deliver at Parkview as well. I really dont think you can go wrong with either. Just schedule a tour for both & then you can decide which you think you would feel more comfortable with. I had a c-section & everyone in the OR was very comforting for me especially since I had never had surgery before. So as far as natural delivery I can't really say much. But I really dont think you can go wrong with either.
  • I've had both of my girls at Dupont and will be going there for this next baby! Nothing but positive experiences !!
  • Loved Parkview North when I gave birth there back in December 2018. I was super happy with the nurses and the care I received. Top notch.
    Pregnancy TickerSaveSave
  • i loved parkview north, my doc was blackmon. the nurses were AMAZING. loved them all and they eased my anxiety