October 2015 Moms

Middle name for Jaxson

My husband and I fell in love with the name Jaxson for a boy. (We will probably call him Jax) But, we are a little stuck on a middle name. Our taste is a little on the modern side. Anyone have any suggestions? I just can't find anything that seems to flow well. :)

Re: Middle name for Jaxson

• If we have a boy we are naming him Jaxson (Jax for short). We're going with the middle name Thomas after my grandfather.
  • My friends have a jaxson his middle name is cub...I love it!
  • Loading the player...
  • krittagkrittag member
    We also love the name! It's the ONLY boy name I like right now. We are doing Jaxon James! My husbands middle name and also his grandpa and uncles names.
  • My sister in law has jaxon avery picked out if her babybis a boy. Not after jackson from greays anatomy, just a coincidence haha
  • My nephew is Jaxon James
  • Jaxon Ryan

Jaxon Taylor

? :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• tpete12tpete12 member
    My coworker named her son Jaxon Cade
  • Ha.. that's the name we picked out... but the middle name would be Wilson for my father in law.
  • My son is Jaxson Parker.
  • Jaxson Royce
  • TCF4ever said:

What is with the excess "s" being added to the name Jaxon? Is it not trendy enough as it is?

This.
  • I just liked the look of it with an 's'. No reason other than just personal preference. :)
  • megewymegewy member
    I have it on my list as well but spelled Jaxon. I don't like the S in it but that's just my opinion

Middle name options:
    Thomas
    Ray
    Wayne
    Edward
    Michael
    James
    BabyFruit Ticker

• ashwiseashwise member
    If we have a boy we're naming him Jackson Gideon
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • TCF4ever said:

ashwise said:

Thank you for actually spelling it correctly and not all youneek like...seriously people, just because it looks cool is not a valid reason to add letters.
    Why do you care how other people choose to spell their kids name?
  • jenn2132 said:

TCF4ever said:

ashwise said:

Thank you for actually spelling it correctly and not all youneek like...seriously people, just because it looks cool is not a valid reason to add letters.
    Why do you care how other people choose to spell their kids name?

Actually people should care how they spell names. Names like words have correct spellings. Often changing the spellings actually changes the way a name should be pronounced. Like with Jaxson, the X already makes the sound so adding S makes zero sense despite a million people doing it. There have been studies for years about misspelled names and the impressions they give off. It gives off a negative impression and your name is the first impression people have of you so why intentionally do that. Jaxon/Jaxxson/jaxxsson is no more unique than Jackson.They will still be one of many in their class with the name.  It's just a pain in the ass for the person with the name that people will spell your name wrong your entire life.

• I personally love both Jaxon and Jackson, I love the nick name Jax. This name is a SERIOUS contender for hubby and I. We'll be using the middle name Joshua after my brother regardless so it would be Jaxon Joshua or Jackson Joshua. By the way, @bbiutmcph. My name's Danielle, spelled the way it's supposed to be and a fairly common and easy name... You have NO idea how much trouble I have with people not spelling it right, thinking it's a completely different name and the likes. Unless you spell a kid's name hfidshfjkdsna and expect people to pronounce it Smith, most people are fine with unique spelling like Jaxon. Saying "Jaxon with an 'X'" is much easier than saying "Danielle... no, with an 'ie'... no, not Daniella... no, I'm female, not Daniel... while we're at it it's 'elle'." Just throwing it out there. 
  • Eh if your name is legit and people still spell it wrong that's one thing. It's not the same as someone whose name is Jennifer but spelled Jennyafur.  Intentionally spelling it wrong is different. There is actually a sticky about this on the BNB and while some of it's missing due to people deactivating it's still there. Misspelling names does in fact give off different impressions whether people want to believe it or not. Jackson vs Jaxon vs Jaxson vs jaxxsson all portray a different feel when looked at on say a resume. Same as Danielle vs had your parents spelled it Danyiellie. Jackson can still have the nn Jax.  It's been my cats name for 10 years and we call him Jax all the time. 

• I get what your saying @bbiutmcph about the negative impression crazy spellings on a resume can give off, I'm a hiring manager so I can definitely see that point. However i just hired a person who spelled her name Engie instead of Angie and while I thought the spelling was different she was the most qualified for the job which is why she got it, that's really all I cared about. Yes I can't speak for all hiring managers out there but a little uniqueness in your name isn't the end of the world. There is a whole list of "trendy" names out there people will be naming their children and in 5 years there will be a different list of "trendy" names. If people are not getting jobs because of the spelling or trendiness of their name well then there will be a lot of people without jobs but honestly I don't see that happening. At the end of the day you don't like the spelling you don't spell your child's name that way others can do what they want with their kids names.
  • We are doing Jaxson because we do not want people calling him Jack for short so if it's Jaxson it will be Jax. We also think people will pronounce his name wrong if it's Spelt like Jaxon. Seriously people are dumb and I've heard the name Nicole mispronounced.
  • My brother is Jackson Scott :)
  • bbiutmcphbbiutmcph member
    edited May 2015
    WHen you post online you get positive and negative feedback. I also give HONEST feedback IRL.  If my friend asked my opinion I'm not going to lie to her if it's a terrible idea.  It's the same in real life, sometimes people will say it to your face or behind your back. Honestly I would 100% want to hear HONEST feedback vs all OMG YAY ALL THESE NAMES ARE AMAZING which is what most of these posts turn into.  How helpful is that truly?  Support doesn't mean tell me only what I want to hear. Sometimes it's nice to hear all sides of opinions so you can help weigh in on your choices. 

For example my first son has a name close to the 500 ranking on the SS namelist.  When I named it got a lot of negative and some positive feedback.  At the end of the day since it was spelled correctly and a real name and I still liked it after that I knew it was the right name.  Had I got defesive and hurt I would have thought maybe I should rethink what people are saying and not take it to heart but just listen to their feedback.  While yes it's up to a parent to pick a name, they can't follow them through life and yell at anyone who says something negative and your love for naming your child something doesn't mean much when they are in the real world and applying for jobs, trying to make good first impressions or meeting the In laws for the first time.  I'm not saying Jaxon is by any means a terrible name but for the past 5 years it has been beyond trendy and likely will end up dating your child much like my name Jennifer did to me in the 80's.  Everyone can guess my age within 5 years because of the trend.  Had you OP not posted you wouldn't have realized how popular it was. So I would say that was helpful you got that feedback.  Ultimately you can spell it however you want.  Jaxon without the s is way better and truly there is also non reason Jackson can't be Jax. Jax is a pretty common nn for it now and our cat has had the nn for years and his name is JAckson.  

• While I do understand what you are saying - I was not asking for any feedback on the name Jaxon. I didn't ask if it was a good name or what everyones opinion of it was. That wasn't the discussion here. I was asking for suggestions for a middle name. So why comment on the name I was NOT asking for feedback on? If a person is asking for feedback than by all means - the door is open to positive and negative comments alike.
  • laceyjaep said:

While I do understand what you are saying - I was not asking for any feedback on the name Jaxon. I didn't ask if it was a good name or what everyones opinion of it was. That wasn't the discussion here. I was asking for suggestions for a middle name. So why comment on the name I was NOT asking for feedback on? If a person is asking for feedback than by all means - the door is open to positive and negative comments alike.

You can't dictate how people respond to a thread.  Internet 101. It's the way message boards work.  Once it's out there people can respond how they choose. 

• adcoxmtadcoxmt member
    I'm just gonna skip the spelling part and suggest....

Wyatt! 

Pregnancy Ticker

• jenn2132jenn2132 member
    edited May 2015
    My name is also Jennifer and yes it was a very trendy name in the 80s but besides knowing multiple other Jennifer's in the world having a "trendy name" has never held me back in any aspect of my life. I don't think people are naive to the fact that you will get positive and negative feedback on these forums but geeze it just seems like some people will look for anything to nit pick and criticize. I mean debate on the presence of an "s" in a kids name? Not that serious in my opinion
  • Our youngest son is Jaxon Elliott ❤️
  • ashwiseashwise member
    edited May 2015
    adcoxmt said:

I'm just gonna skip the spelling part and suggest....

Wyatt! 

I love the name Wyatt. I would love my son's name to be Wyatt Gideon but my husband vetoed :-(

Also- even with the spelling of Jackson we're planning on calling him Jax. Personally, I like the spelling of Jackson, it's a nod to my great grandfather who's name was jack- but we didn't want to just name him Jack- so we added the son onto it. I didn't think it was such a popular name.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Just a heads up to everyone anticipating what the nickname will be for your child. With my son I named him Louis and told people while pregnant we would call him Louie. He is nearly 3 and has always been Louis!
    Also it doesn't matter to the kids who the child goes to school with how the name is spelled. Kids will come up with nicknames on there own!