December 2014 Moms
Options

Neck strength

My babe still seems floppy. Holds head up but doesn't seem to be super strong. How does your little one do with neck strength?

Re: Neck strength

• Options
    According to The Wonder Weeks when they are going through their 4th mental leap, between 14-19 weeks, needing more head support again is one of the signs it's happening. It's to be expected and totally normal!:)
  • Options
    My LO was a bobble head for weeks and then one day it just stopped and now she holds her head up like a champ. Hang in there, it will happen.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

#1-BFP 1/5/14...EDD 9/19/14...MC 1/28/14
    #2 BFP 4/15/14...EDD 12/26/14

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Ditto-my LO was also a little bobbly, is 20 weeks tomorrow and is just growing out of it.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    WulfgarWulfgar member
    It all depends on a lot of factors.  My children both had decent head control from birth.  An adopted daughter in our extended family had a weak neck for months.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    mamaS33mamaS33 member
    Thanks everyone! It's nice to hear from other moms. I appreciate the feedback.
  • Options
    My boy is 21 weeks today. He has been holding his head up and looking around since birth, a little wobbly for the first few weeks but now he holds is head up like a champ. He loves tummy time because he does the cobra position and looks all around. He especially loves to get entertained by our 3 y/o boxer.