Baby Showers
Options

Book Recommendations

I am throwing a sprinkle for a friend and I would like to purchase a book that everyone can sign/write a message in.  Can anyone recommend a great book for this? 

Some facts that may be helpful

- The baby is girl and will be the second child in the family.  She will have an older brother.

Thanks in advance.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Married: October 23, 2010

DS: 8/7/2013

#2 EDD: 6/29/2016, C Section: 6/22/2016

Re: Book Recommendations

• Options
    Maybe Oh, The Places You'll Go! By Dr. Seuss. That would be really cute.
  • Options
    Jillian Jiggs, by Phoebe Gillman
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Sorry, no suggestions right now, but that is a really cute idea!
  • Options
    Maybe ask the mother-to-be's parents what her favorite book as a child was? It would be a cute way to bring things full circle.

When we told our in-laws that we were expecting, we gave them copies of my husband's favorite childhood books with a card saying that they would need them to read to their expected grandchild.
  • Options
    My mom and MIL are throwing me a shower and I am giving them a copy of the collected works of Beatrix Potter that I got while studying abroad in London to use as a guest book at the shower. The shower is Beatrix Potter themed, so it works. I like that guests can sign on their favorite story. You could use a similar idea with a Fairy Tale book, or Fables book, etc. 
  • Options
    I love the book The Paper Bag Princess by Robert Munsch. I usually like to get it for little girl showers. Some other ideas that lots of little girls like are:
    The Rainbow Fish by Marcus Pfister (I remember loving this book as a child)
    Olivia by Ian Falconer
    Madeline by Ludwig Bemelmans
    The Complete Tales of Winnie the Pooh by A. A. Milne (This one is on the pricier side, but the vintage illustrations are darling.)
    The Daring Book for Girls by Andrea J. Buchanan and Miriam Peskowitz (Not a baby book, but a really fun childhood book to have)

Good luck! 
  • Options
    There is a gorgeous book by Neil Gaiman called "Blueberry Girl" that I buy for all of my friends who have girls. It's a magical prayer of sorts, to protect her from "spindles and sleeps at sixteen" and "let her tell stories and dance in the rain, somersault, tumble and run" and "teach her we're only as big as our dreams"

The illustrations are absolutely gorgeous!

Other favorites from when I used to teach toddlers:

-Anything by Sandra Boynton, she writes cute board books with silly animals and rhymes that toddlers love

-Touch and feel books are awesome for toddlers

-Any of the "If you give a mouse a..." Books

-Olivia, or Angelina Ballerina, especially the original books, not the ones from the TV series.

-Classics like Goodnight Moon and Guess How Much I Love You are probably ones they already have, so I would avoid those, or at least don't write in them so they can return them if they already have a copy.