December 2015 Moms
Options

Cup size increases

Just wondering if any mamas who have been through all this before could let me know how much their bra cup size increased?

I'm in my fifth week and have already noticed they're quite a bit fuller and firmer. Getting a lot of nipple pain too.

Re: Cup size increases

• Options
    I'm in my first pregnancy too so I can't give you prior experience but I'm six weeks and I'm noticing the same thing you are. Fuller, firmer. I'm not sure if they've actually changed cup size yet (I'm wearing mostly sports bras!) but I'm not looking forward to them growing at all. I'm already bigger than I want to be :(
  • Options
    Not a lot of difference for me.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I'm in my first pregnancy too so I can't give you prior experience but I'm six weeks and I'm noticing the same thing you are. Fuller, firmer. I'm not sure if they've actually changed cup size yet (I'm wearing mostly sports bras!) but I'm not looking forward to them growing at all. I'm already bigger than I want to be :(

No, mine haven't gone up in size yet either but just wondering what I can expect. Mine are quite small at the mo so I can comfortably go up a few sizes. Don't really want to be left with stretch marks though but I guess that's par for the course with pregnancy...
  • Options
    Mine never get really big til later like after the 6th month. Then I go up a cup size or two.
  • Options
    That doesn't sound too bad! How far along are you now?
  • Options
    With my daughter, I was 34DD when I got pregnant. They got bigger during pregnancy, but I don't remember exactly what size because I started wearing no wire nursing bras before I had her. After I had her and nursing, they got ginormous. They've gone down and stayed at 34H. I also gained about 60 lbs with her. I lost all but 15 lbs of that in the last 20 months before getting pregnant this time.

However, other moms go back down to original size or even smaller after birth and nursing. I'd ask your mom how hers behaved to get a better picture of how your experience may be.

Jamie

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    Wow! That must've been quite uncomfortable? Well done on losing all that weight! Must've been hard work.

Oh good idea re asking my mum. I'm still waiting a little bit before I tell her I'm pregnant but will defo speak to her about this when I do x
  • Options
    kampbell said:

Wow! That must've been quite uncomfortable? Well done on losing all that weight! Must've been hard work.

Oh good idea re asking my mum. I'm still waiting a little bit before I tell her I'm pregnant but will defo speak to her about this when I do x

Gotcha! We aren't telling anyone until 12 weeks either. At least that's the plan. I may want to go ahead after the first dr. appt though. I'll be 8 weeks then. It depends on what DH wants to do.

Jamie

• Options
    Yeah, it's my first pregnancy and my brother is quite ill at the moment so although I'm sure my parents will be over the moon I don't want them to worry or cause any headache if something goes wrong. Fingers crossed I'll hold out til my first scan. If my emotions don't get the better of my before then! ;)
  • Options
    First time here too (2nd pregnancy but the first was a very early loss.) I can tell you that my breast are probably 2 cup sizes bigger already! Started in a DD then went to E then had to switch to sports bras. Now they are ridiculously tight. I've taken to wearing Camus with shelf bras. I hope the tenderness subsidies soon!!!

I'm hoping most of my growth is over but I'm only 6w5d
  • Options
    I am a 40b I'm fat and have no boobs. Its depressing. But when I breastfeed I have gone up to an F.
  • Options
    @enigmaanjel WHAT??? So I could conceivably go from a DD to an I???
  • Options
    enigmaanjelenigmaanjel member
    edited April 2015
    Lmao idk I had myself sized at motherhood maternity. Now I should mention before I lost my 60 pounds this last year I was a 40C. Now I am a 40 B. But yes they sized me as a 40F. And it fit so perfectly and comfy
    I was using a 40 D and felt horrible in it.
  • Options

@enigmaanjel WHAT??? So I could conceivably go from a DD to an I???

Yes, that's what happened to me.

Jamie

• Options
    Boobs are def fuller and super sensitive, but I don't think I've gone up a size yet. When my niece hugs me and presses her head to my chest, I have to stifle a gasp.
  • Options
    Mine grew about 1-1.5 cup sizes... But really it wasn't until breastfeeding. But I am a card carrying member of the itty bitty titty committee so it was great to see what it's like to have boobs! (Btw I'm not sure I'm a fan... They kinda get in the way. DH liked them.. Even if he wasn't allowed to touch!)
  • Options
    My mom went up 3 but only started in her 5th or 6th month than breast feeding.... My sister too... I'm up a size and I'm only 8 weeks.... This is going to be a fun road
  • Options
    Giiiiirrrrlllll..... Just wait till you're nursing/after baby! It's like OMG
  • Options
    I'm almost 8 weeks with my first and although I don't think I've gone up a size yet (just filled in my current bras) today DH saw me n for the first time said dang your boobs have grown. I felt the same way earlier today so they obviously have gotten bigger. Will need to hide them until Mother's Day when we tell family.
  • Options
    Ugh!!! At least DH seems pleased. I'm going to have to start saving for a lift once I'm through baby (hopefully babies) and breastfeeding
  • Options
    I was a C before my first. Now I'm a D. When pregnant and nursing, I was a EE. Crazy!! Lol
  • Options
    mac-n-cheesymac-n-cheesy member
    edited May 2015
    Pre-pregnancy I was a 32DDD (surgically enhanced ;) ). Within two weeks of finding out I'm pregnant they grew to 32G. I'm only 9 weeks pregnant and the new bras I bought are already getting tight :-S
    At my six week appointment my doctor did a breast exam and commented that mine were very full and "must be tender." That was the understatement of the year! Pre-pregnancy I was 112 lbs and 5'8" and now I'm up to 118 lbs and convinced at least 3-4 pounds of that are in my boobs alone :-$
    Oh well, DH loves them :P
  • Options
    MrsB012MrsB012 member
    Im on my 3rd pregnancy and am 5w 4d and my cup size hasgrown one full size already.
    In my first pregnancy i went from a C to a DD (i was nursing) then after nursing went to a b, 2nd pregnancy went from a b to D and then after nursing went to an A, so now im back at a b and im nowhere near milk coming in which is strange... But im afraid of nursing this baby my boobs will invert!!!
  • Options
    Honestly my boobs never amounted to much....they've gotten a little fuller but I doubt they'll get much bigger.
  • Options
    I went from a 34DD to 36DDD /E at 6 weeks. The girl tried to get me to buy 2 but it's already getting tight. I went to try on tops and realized the shirts were all pulling at the bust, which was my confirmation that it was time to bra shop.
  • Options
    CMDDCMDD member
    Anyone not have tender breasts at all? Usually with my period they're full and achy but now nada.
  • Options
    CMDD said:

Anyone not have tender breasts at all? Usually with my period they're full and achy but now nada.

My are very tender and full at the min. But everyone's different I guess.
  • Options
    Just purchased two nursing sleep bras at target in XL. I cannot believe I am sleeping in my bra! It's "take off your bra o'clock!"
  • Options
    meppsmepps member
    I've already gone from a 32D to a 32DD..... DH is happy lol but I hate it!!!!! I have to hold my boobs when going up and down the stairs because they are so sore. And extra sore nipples...... The joys
  • Options
    Mine just feel fuller and sort of spilling out for now, at 7 weeks. Not that I mind, I am barely a 34B at normal times. ;)
  • Options
    gamblelgamblel member
    This is my first so I have no basis for comparison, but I'm feeling the same symptoms. I'm pretty small-chested, a 34b, but mine are filled already and see feeling some nipple pain.

Good idea about seeing how mom's breasts reacted to pregnancy. We're waiting to tell folks, but from prior convos I know hers got significantly bigger and stayed that size.
  • Options
    Anyone notice their boobs getting bigger when they were having a girl vs a boy???