Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Prenatals

Hey everyone! I'm not necessarily trying to convince...yet. But I plan on trying this year. My MD and OBGYN told me to start taking prenatals. My question is can I still take fish oil and flaxseed oil pills with it? I know there already are omega 3 in the prenatals but I have always taken fish and flaxseed to help manage cholesterol and liver enzymes. Any advice would help. Thanks all!!

Re: Prenatals

• Options
    I know fish oil is recommended. Don't know about flax.
    Me: 31 DH: 30
    Married since 8/2013
    TTC #1 since 3/2015
  • Options
    Flax is good. But it's something you wanna stop after becoming pregnant.

I wanna add on (just cause it's been somethin I have been wondering) what else is everyone taking?! One top of their prenatals.
    LF&F July Siggy Challange

imageimageimageimageimageimageimage

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    tigerfish227tigerfish227 member
    edited April 2015
    I'm only on my prenatals. I take one made by Advocare that I started on when I did a 24-day challenge about the same time I started TTC. It's their Coreplex with Iron. I was talking boitin before I started it but it has boitin in it so I didn't want to double up.

ETA cause I proof read after I post.
  • Options
    I take fish oil, calcium (I am lactose intolerant and was worried about calcium intake - not great at eating veggies), a pro-biotic, and biotin.  I just have the generic target prenatal.
    Me: 32 DH: 32
    Married 11/24/13
    DD1 born 12/24/15
    TTC #2 Aug. 16
    BFP for #2 11/22/16

Aug17 December Siggy Challenge: Funny Pics of Kids Afraid of Santa

• Options
    CosmoAnne1CosmoAnne1 member
    edited April 2015
    * child / pregnancy mentioned *

I take these. I am nursing my 13 m old and feel maybe I need something more. I took them my whole pregnancy but not sure they are cutting it now. I am also taking vitamine d 2000 daily and omega booster it's yummy no nasty fish taste and gentle on my stomach. Does anyone recommend a better prenatal that's is gentle on yours stomach. I'm not rich but when it comes to better vitamins that don't make me sick I'll pay.
    Edit to add child / pregnancy mentioned.
  • Options

*pregnancy mentioned

Target brand prenatals and Target brand fish oil.  i have been taking these pills for YEARS before i started TTC - my doctor suggested that if you are of child breaing age there's no reason to not take a prenatal instead of a regular multivitimin.

I take them at night...that makes a difference to some people with sensitive stomachs (who say the prenatals can make them nauseated).

You will need to cut out the flax when you get pregnant.  But it is good to strat taking that again afterwards, especially if you decide to breastfeed.