August 2015 Moms
Options

Sex question

I feel a little awkward asking this..but I've heard that it's not safe for your bf or husband to go down on you while your pregnant I've heard for some reason It can cause harm to you or the baby. Idk how accurate that is and I'm a little heaitant on asking my doctor so just wanted to see if anyon else has head of this..

Answers

• Options
    I have not heard this. Your cervix is completely blocking anything from getting to the baby, as long as your having a healthy pregnancy. Go for it!!
  • Options
    I heard something about how if he/ she blows air into you somehow it can really mess somethings up. I'm almost positive I heard that was the third trimester. But I'm certain your doctor has heard more odd questions. Nothing to be embarrassed about.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    The only thing I woyld worry about is bacteria causing UTI
  • Options
    Unless your OB tells you otherwise due to pelvic rest or some other reason oral sex is completely safe during pregnancy. sure, have him avoid forcefully blowing air into your vagina but was there serious risk of that?

Orgasms can cause uterine contractions, but according to my doctor and everything I've read they are also nothing to be worried about and won't bring on premature labor.

Nothing to be embarrassed about. Relax and enjoy!

• Options
    I read that in the 3rd tri when you lose your mucus plug you should have sex or anything like that but that's not till late on 3rd tri
  • Options
    See, this is why I don't do this stuff when pregnant ;)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    mrieemriee member
    Erg I wish my husband would go near me I'd love to have this problem. But no I've never heard it's dangerous the blowing complication is really rare and I'm sure isn't increased by being pregnant
  • Options
    mriee said:

Erg I wish my husband would go near me I'd love to have this problem. But no I've never heard it's dangerous the blowing complication is really rare and I'm sure isn't increased by being pregnant

Your husband won't go near you?!?! Oh honey.... If mine wouldn't have sec with me, or was selfish in bed ohhhhh he'd be living elsewhere. I'm growing his child for cryin out lout

• Options

I actually nerved up and asked my OB about this because I was told no sex for a few weeks until they were done monitering me for a short cervix and although embarrassing I am glad I did because I had no clue! He told me it was fine. So sit back and enjoy the ride sister!

Always hold on to hope ❤
  • Options
    Pretty sure it's only if your water breaks that they don't want you to have sex.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    mrieemriee member
    Your husband won't go near you?!?! Oh honey.... If mine wouldn't have sec with me, or was selfish in bed ohhhhh he'd be living elsewhere. I'm growing his child for cryin out lout

Yer he's convinced he'll hurt me or the baby. I've tried reassurance but so far nothings worked. I've resigned myself to the life of a nun untill the babies born lol.