November 2015 Moms
Options

Maternity Shoot Fail

I reallyyyy want to do a Maternity shoot with a professional photographer. But my best friend also wants to take the photos. I wasn't planning on doing any kind of special reveal shoot so I compromised and told her she could do that. Problem solved. Or so I thought...the newest issue...my boyfriend HATES taking pictures. Refuses to. Even just something small with me. So at the moment I'm throwing a fit because having photos to remember memories are really important to me. He knows that. We've discussed this over and over but the subject always gets dropped. Till today. I don't want to do these things by myself. The reveal, ok that's fine. I'm completely happy with Cupcakes or something because it wasn't something I wanted to do anyway. But a professional shoot with a few photos for ourselves and family is something I refuse not to have. And I really don't want to do it alone. Any suggestions on how to agree to disagree or even thoughts on doing a maternity shoot solo? Would any of you? Is it that big of a deal? Am I over reacting?

Re: Maternity Shoot Fail

• Options
    i would be annoyed if DH didnt want to them with me but like you the memories captured in photos are super important to me so i would do it alone of i had to.
    Why doesn't he like to take photos? DH feels he not in shape so he always "hides" behind me( like he will hug me from behind so my body positioned in front of his). Maybe your DH can compromise and take only 1 or 2 photos with you and discuss why he doesnt want to and how you can make it more comfortable for him!
  • Options
    I have seen many shoots with just the mother and no dad. If you could get him to compromise and do 2 or 3 Shots. Most shots are about you and the belly(baby).
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    That's what I told him, just two or three, concentrated on my tummy, no ones looking at him anyway right lol, and then bam, it's over. No. Big. Deal. Sheesh. And I'm not sure why he doesn't. Or what the real reason is anyway. He says he's outta shape (he most definitely isn't) and when baby comes he'll be in plenty of photos but until then he'll pass. I'm like helloooo, I'm the one gaining weight and who's regular clothes don't fit. Haha.
  • Options
    My husband hates pictures to, but he maned up and took them with my with my second because he knew how important it was for me :). He hated the kissing the belly pic btw :). Love that man!
  • Options
    Sounds like my husband. He hates taking selfies with me, even when we are on vacation and there is no one there to take our picture! But having a baby is such a big life changing event, I would be disappointed too. Hoping he changes his mind for you. Just asked now if mine would take pictures with me and my bump and he said yes. Shocker. Good luck!

FTM due 11/06/2015
    Married 09/21/2013
  • Options
    My DH wouldn't take any maternity pictures with me either so I just did a couple myself at home..not exactly what I wanted but I at least have a couple to look back on now.
  • Options
    @justdoit93 Those are adorable! See I definitely hafta do something. I'm just gonna tell his mom on him and maybe that'll help my case :P if not looks like I'll definitely do something like that, like you said so you can look back on them. I think it's important.
  • Options
    @justdoit93 Not what you wanted! THOSE ARE FREAKING ADORABLE!
  • Options
    My DH doesn't like to take pics either. I had to literally bribe him to cooperate with our pregnancy reveal photos. Now that he's seen them though, he loves them. I didn't plan to do a maternity shoot with him as I always imagined it to be me and my belly in a more glamorous setting. If he decides to come, that will be great, but if not I guess I am ok with him only being in the reveal photos. I hope everything works out with you guys!

• Options
    My husband had to work the day my SIL took photos of me during my last pregnancy. I had them taken less than 2 weeks before delivery. I had several taken alone but also had my oldest in a few also. My husband would have participated but not really care much if he didn't. If you want them done, get them done for you! The focus is on the bump anyways!
  • Options
    You could do a pregnancy boudoir shoot instead. He doesn't need to be there, and you could surprise him with a pin-up portrait.