August 2015 Moms
Options

Young moms

I'm 16 yrs old yes I'm young but I'm going to be having a beautiful baby girl. I'd like to here about other young moms

Re: Young moms

• Options
    Im 27 and prego with baby #2. Not as young as you! But I admire your courage to come on here and introduce yourself :) Not everyone is supportive of that but I applaud you.=D> Let me know if you have any FTM questions.  
    DK ~ Mommy to Connor (with Jesus) 1/12, ODS (3), DDog and DCat :) ~ EDD 8/20/15 for DS#2
  • Options
    I'm 22 and having a boy! I'd love to hear from other young moms who may be dealing with college graduation (next month!!), being unmarried, handling an unplanned pregnancy, etc. any advice on working from home or part time is welcome too :) how is everyone doing?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm 19 and a FTM. Baby girl is technically unplanned but my fiancé and I were basically leaving it up to fate if we got pregnant or not. I'll be 20 when baby girl is 3 months
  • Options
    I'm 22 and pregnant, I believe everything happens for a reason. So reguardless your age getting pregnant was meant to happen and having a baby is a blessing without a doubt :)
  • Options
    I'm 19, so not as young as OP, but still pretty young! I'll be 20 before LO's due date, and the whole situation has been a whirlwind of crazy. But the best thing for me to remember is that, no matter what, there is someone there for you. Nobody is alone, and nobody has to do anything on their own.
  • Options

I'm 22 and having a boy! I'd love to hear from other young moms who may be dealing with college graduation (next month!!), being unmarried, handling an unplanned pregnancy, etc. any advice on working from home or part time is welcome too :) how is everyone doing?

I would look into WIC if you haven't already. Great resource! They'll help you with some baby expenses (the food. Great help if you're going the formula route!) and even some with buying dairy products! (At least where I live.) totally recommend it. That and stocking up on diapers when you're able. I'm a FTM but my older siblings both have kids, so I'm lucky enough to have gleaned a little bit of knowledge from them, and everyone throwing advice at me at work.
  • Options
    I am 22 and pregnant with baby #2! I have a 2 year old boy and I'm expecting a little girl on the 6th of August! Congratulations to you!! Xxx
  • Options
    I'm 20 and FTM expecting a baby boy, not as young as OP but I can relate. Really struggling right now financially since my husband lives in the Dominican Republic and I cannot seem to find a job but I do have help from my mom. Also WIC is great! They help with food expenses like PP said so that's really great. Also through the social worker at my hospital I found out there is a program I can join where we meet every 3 months and they stock you up on everything you need for baby if you are struggling financially, so diapers, clothes, bibs, pacifiers, even strollers, bouncers, swings etc when you first join.
  • Options
    I'm 22 as well! I'm having a boy! It's our first baby so my husband and I are excited. I was actually pregnant before I got married I just didn't know it because I wasn't very far along. :) congrats on you baby girl. I would say if you have any questions you could always ask me but I'm lost when it comes to a lot of things about pregnancy. But if you need anything let me know :)
  • Options
    I'm 23 and pregnant with baby #2(a boy) I had my first when I was 20, she was a little girl. I feel so blessed and there are definetly some pros and cons to being a young mom. My husband and I struggled a little bit with our first but we are so happy with the decisions we've made :) you'll love being a mommy.
  • Options
    I was a young mom 14 years ago I was 17 and had a baby girl. She is my smart, beautiful, happy cheerleader.
  • Options
    I was 22 when I had my first child. I feel like I am closer to my daughter because of it. Be strong, take care of you and her, dont let anyone else dictate your life choices. Btw, my daughter is totally awesome.

Baby #2 is due

August 26, 2015

• Options
    I'm 19 and a FTM! Hubby and I couldn't be happier to be having a beautiful baby boy! Try to ignore the people who only have negative things to say. There is a lot of it and you really start to see through who is really there for you and who isn't.
  • Options
    I had my son when I was 16. He's the best thing that ever happened to me! He's now 8 years old. I still went to college and supported my son on my own. Now I'm married with step kids too. We're expecting our first together. Can't wait for our lil girl to be born!
  • Options
    I am 18 and a ftm pregnant with a little boy! It has been a crazy journey being it was unplanned. There are so many great programs in my area that help young moms.
  • Options
    Im 21 and having my 2nd baby. I had my first at 19. I think the biggest thing ive learned so far is to never feel to proud to accept help from others. We lived with my parents until my son was a year old because we simply did not have the money to rent anywhere. I appreciate all the help i received in that first year and a lot of that help is the reason that my husband and i are able to stand on our own now.
  • Options
    I'm happy to know that I'm not alone being a young mom.. y'all may not be as young as I am. And most people say I want make it through but I do know that I'm gonna be there for my baby girl all the way through. I'm gonna finish school and get an education. Right now I'm depending on my parents and my bf parents until I'm able to get a job. And he's looking to.. we live out in the middle of no where so we're kinda struggling to find one at the moment. But we will work it out as the time come !
  • Options

I'm 28. Does that count as young? I still feel young!

But seriously, age is just a number. Don't let anyone tell you what you can or can't do.

I'm 28 and feel the same way lol
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Has anyone got names for there babies ? I thought about catelya Marie argo. Its a flower and a name of a movie Columbia
  • Options
    Love the name you've chosen! Our lil girl will be named Anna Lisa.
  • Options
    Thank you and that's a beautiful name
  • Options
    I was 21 when I had my first son. My now husband and I were finishing college when we got the surprise of our lives. That was 12 years ago! It feels weird to say that... The time flew by. It was tough as a young mom with no clear picture of the future, but we made it and now have a second son and another baby on the way.
  • Options
    As long as you're ready to take the responsibility for your child then that's what matters most. You're young, and there's gonna be so many opportunities wth friends that you'll have to sacrifice to make ends meet for your little one. Know how to balance your new motherhood and social life, baby will always come first. :)
  • Options
    I'm 19 and having a baby boy! I'm in college and working. You can do it!
  • Options
    I'm 27, so not really a young mom. My mom was 18 when she got pregnant with my sister and then 37 (!) when she had me. She always said how much faster her body bounced back with my sister. She also said she had a lot more energy when she was younger, even though she had a lot more support when I was born. I think there are pros and cons of having a baby at every age. I'm really proud of my mom because she put herself through college with a toddler. She had a lot of support from my granny but I know it wasn't easy. Definitely use the gov't resources you're eligible for. My mom was on food stamps for a few years and it really helped her make ends meet.
    Together since '07
    Married since '12
    Off the pill since 5/14
    BFP: 8/10/14 -- CP 8/22/14
    BFP: 12/10/15 -- Prayers requested

• Options
    Saratiff said:

But seriously, age is just a number. Don't let anyone tell you what you can or can't do.

Aww man, I thought you ladies were old mommies like me....traitors! JK...but I do feel old now, I turn 32 on Saturday :(
  • Options
    I'm 22 and pregnant with a beautiful girl. I got married to my wonderful husband when we were 19 because we were high school sweethearts :) we both have pretty good paying jobs and we are more than excited. Youre gonna do great and can achieve anything!
  • Options
    I'm 17 , and God has blessed me with a little girl
  • Options
    I'm 26, FTM and pregnant with a baby girl! (At least I feel young!) :)
  • Options
    Im 16 years old with an unplanned pregnancy. Found out im having a baby boy. Even tho im a little young id have to tell you feeling him move inside me just makes my day alot brighter :)
  • Options

Miz_Liz said:

Saratiff said:

Aww man, I thought you ladies were old mommies like me....traitors! JK...but I do feel old now, I turn 32 on Saturday :(

Any special birthday plans?

Honestly, not really sure...I was saying to my DH that we could send our DS to my parents' house for the night so we could go do something, but then I couldn't think of anything that is exciting to do while pregnant, and let's face it, I can't hang like I used to. Probably end up getting dinner or something. We're kind of lame :)
  • Options
    I was 16 with my son, and I'm 22 now (my birthday is right before my due date but I tend to have preterm babies). I was able to graduate high school on time, and get 3 college degrees. I now work at my dream job. I do still live with my parents and I'm single and never been married.

Best advice? Have a good support system, always follow your instincts, and never give up on your goals. Anything is possible, even with kids. ;)
  • Options
    I am 18. This is my first pregnancy but I have a beautiful step daughter whom I love very much. She came into my life about a year ago and we have had our ups and downs but I accept her as my own and I wouldnt trade her for the world, though as a 17 year old it was hard to adjust to having a child who wasnt technically mine.