December 2015 Moms
Options

I hate water

i didn't hate water prior to pregnancy. But now I hate to drink it! It leaves this after taste... Even when I add lemon (like I did pre pregnancy all the time) it's like I can taste the dirt from it :/

Anyone else dealing w this? I hate it bc I know Baby needs water and Mama definitely needs to stay hydrated!

Re: I hate water

• Options
    Yes but I've always hated water even before pregnancy lol sometimes drinking it warm might help. I put lemon in my water but you can also try apple slices, orange slices, kiwi, pineapple. Sorry I'm not much help, but that's what helps me get the water down, gotta stay hydrated! =]
  • Options
    My last pregnancy I hated water. I couldn't bring myself to drink it. I tried flavoring too but it didn't work. It helped a little to mix half with half 100% juice. I also drank tea but that was very difficult too. It went completely away by the second trimester though so fx!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I drink more carbonated water to help get it in. We have a soda stream so Ill carbonate my own and then add lemon or lime. It helps so much!
  • Options
    I'm having trouble keeping liquids in as well, water makes me terribly nauseous right now. But I know I need to stay hydrate for the baby, I've been trying half water half coconut water and it's easier to drink than plain water. Hope it helps
    I'm 29, husband is 30
    Together since 2006
    Married 01.17.15  <3

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 

• Options
    I've been drinking a lot of Gatorade for this reason. Stay hydrated but has enough flavor to satisfy me
  • Options
    Have you tried filling your cup with ice all the way to the top and then filling it with water? I cannot stomach water unless it is ice ice ice ice cold. I have to have the whole glass filled with ice first. If it isn't ice cold the taste and whole experience of drinking it is just gross to me. Maybe it would help you to have it super cold too.
  • Options
    I find that I can drink more water if the water is filtered/ bottled. We have two water filter pitchers in our home and I love them!!
  • Options
    Try a different brand of water. I personally don't like Evian and Fiji because of the taste.
  • Options
    I thought I was the only one! Pre-pregnancy all I would drink was water - I disliked juice, soda, sparkling water, etc. Now I can't bring myself to drink it!
    Perrier goes down a bit easier, and I've found I really enjoy it with a splash of tart lemonade. And for me, the colder the water the better.
  • Options
    Brita water bottles remove clhorine taste and nasty stuff from water with a every 2 month changeable filter ( only way I'll drink it )
  • Options
    I always hate water. I need flavor! Doc said as long as I'm getting liquids of any kind, baby is good. I mean, other than those on the "no" list. :)
  • Options
    You can also try adding mint or cucumber. I fill my glass or bottle with ice, lemon, and limes before adding water.
    Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Parent of Baby Boy M, born December 2013 Angels: Miscarriage @ 9 weeks, May 2015, Chemical Pregnancy November 2015

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    Try clear American sparkling water it has all kinds of flavor. That's the only way I can drink water if it has flavor period.
  • Options
    Thanks for all the responses you guys.
    Adding flavor has not helped me. I liked the Gatorade suggestion. I guess I just feel like nothing is going to be as good for me as pure water which is why I'm sad about it. But right, the important thing is that I stay hydrated any way I can.
    So nice to know I'm not the only one struggling w this!
  • Options
    Goldsgirl9Goldsgirl9 member
    edited April 2015
    With DS water gave me heart burn, everything gave me heart burn but water especially. The only way I can get myself to drink water is to track it with a bottle that has the ounces listed. I force myself to drink 24 oz before noon and another 48 ounces before I leave work. I then try and finish another 24 oz before bed. It's a chore but for me, it works. Oh, and water super cold with ice is much easier for me to drink then regular water. Not sure why but it's a must for me.