Breastfeeding
Options

Nursing while pregnant

I just found out that I'm pregnant and my baby is only 11 weeks old. I am ebf, and was hoping to bf for 6-12 months. Anyone have experience with bfing while pregnant?

Me 32 (Stage IV Endometriosis, short luteal phase) DH 38

Married 5/2010

January 2014- DS born healthy at 35.4 weeks

February 2014- DS passed away due to complications from adenovirus

February 2015- Rainbow baby DD born at 36.3 weeks

My chart: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/42fd32 

Re: Nursing while pregnant

• Options
    I saw a significant decrease in supply by my second trimester. I needed to supplement with formula and increase his solids.

I recommend really watching baby's intake and output, and frequent weight checks at the pediatrician.

And of course taking good care of yourself, rest, plenty of fluids and calories.

Good luck
  • Options
    Thank you for your response. I hope I have at least another month or two. I'll look into getting a scale to make sure she's gaining well.

Me 32 (Stage IV Endometriosis, short luteal phase) DH 38

Married 5/2010

January 2014- DS born healthy at 35.4 weeks

February 2014- DS passed away due to complications from adenovirus

February 2015- Rainbow baby DD born at 36.3 weeks

My chart: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/42fd32 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I did, but my baby was 19 months when I found out I was pregnant.  I never saw a drop in supply, but by that time my supply was well established and it wasn't my her main source of nutrition.  
  • Options
    I would talk to both your OB/midwife and your pediatrician and keep in constant touch with them about what is going on.  If they are not supportive, find ones that are.  It is possible to nurse your baby while pregnant.  You may have to supplement some.  Nutrition and hydration are super important so I would encourage you to really look into that and see if your OB or pediatrician or a lactation consultant can give you some resources.  Remember that any breastfeeding is good breastfeeding and don't be discouraged and give up just because you have to supplement some.  Each bit that the baby gets from you carries some helpful antibodies with it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker