December 2015 Moms
Options

Less morning sickness 2nd time around?

hi guys, I'm 6 weeks pregnant Today with my 2nd and I'm wondering if anyone had bad morning sickness (MS) with their first ( like I did) and mild MS with their second? So far I've only had mild nausea, last time at 6 weeks I was already hurling several times a day??

Re: Less morning sickness 2nd time around?

• Options
    Mine has been about the same. Mild nausea, worsening in the evenings. Hope it stays this way!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Married my love March 2013
    DS May 2014
    #2 December 2015
    Each year brings another blessing :)
  • Options
    Have you made any dietary changes? I am gluten & dairy free and have no nausea at 5w5d. I eat almost entirely organic whole foods (strictly gluten & dairy free though). Processed foods are acidic and would cause more stomach acid, leading to more nausea (my thought process on the matter any way).
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hmm interesting question... I like your thinking! This time around I'm eating fish, last time I was fully vegetarian, and a lot of the meat substitutes are very processed, I'm not eating the meat substitutes this time, eating much healthier than last time. I'm also taking a different pregnsncy multivitamin this time around. Wonder if any of that made the difference??
  • Options
    I'm in the same boat. Last pregnancy was pure hell and this time around I just feeling queasy on and off but ok for the most part. The thought of food last time around was appalling and I had to force myself to eat. I'm dealing with that a little bit this time but no where near as bad. I'm praying it stays this way and doesn't surprise me in a week or two.
  • Options
    Same boat here! Last time I was hospitalized 3 times from extreme ms and **knock on wood** so far just mild nausea if I let myself get too hungry!
  • Options
    It didn't hit me with my first until 2nd semester, but even then it wasn't horrible. I was pretty sick my last one. This one just some mild nausea here and there. Im
  • Options
    Just hoping it isn't around the corner either!
  • Options

My first pregnancy, I had mild nausea but no vomiting. This time around I am nauseous all of the time and vomit several times a day.  Dietary changes had no impact on me as I'm now gluten free and sicker than ever.

I think every pregnancy is just different.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker<Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker>
  • Options
    My first two were awful, the last 14 have all been comparably mild. No diet changes really. Milk doesn't sit too well for me anymore when I'm pregnant though. I drank a lot more of it with my first two.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options
    With my first daughter I was sooooo sick! I lost 15 pounds and was hospitalized 6 times for dehydration! It's so awful! I'm currently 7 weeks 5 days and I'm actually doing okay!! I still have bad heartburn that causes me to gag but I'm not really nauseated unless I smell something nasty! Soooo....I'm hoping this time around I'll be good! All I know is that at this time three years ago I thought I was dying!
  • Options
    I actually had no sickness at all with my first and my second kicked my butt lol both are boys too, so my second really tricked me! I could have sworn he was a girl just because the experience was so different!
  • Options
    Wow! So good to hear everyone's experiences! Looks like there's some hope! am constantly praying that it doesn't hit me hard in a week or two! Fingers and toes crossed for everyone!!
  • Options
    I'm in the same boat! I was always sickwith my ddaughter...I lost almost 15 pounds in my first trimester! This one I just feel nauseous and throw up once in the morning and then feel fine the rest of the day...I love it. It's so much better this time around
    Liliana Seraphina born 9/5/2103

• Options
    Oh yay for you! Fingers crossed it stays that way for you! I'm yet to throw up even once! X