Orange County Babies

Anyone planning to deliver at Saddleback Laguna Hills? Also looking for OC Pediatrician referrals!

Hi OC Mommies! I have chosen Saddleback to deliver my baby girl in June. Has anyone delivered there and/or have advice for me? I am a FTM so also on the hunt for Pediatrician referrals. I live in Eastside Costa Mesa on the Newport Beach border and am due June 27th. :) Thank you!!!

Re: Anyone planning to deliver at Saddleback Laguna Hills? Also looking for OC Pediatrician referrals!

• I gave birth to my son on 2/12/15 and had the BEST experience there, you'll love it!
    I love my pediatrician, she's actually a recommendation from one of my best friends. Her name is Dr. Elaine Gan-Yong with more than 20 years of experience and she's in Irvine.
    949-753-9000
  • I'm also looking at Saddleback, who's your OB?
  • Loading the player...
  • Ive heard dr O'toole is amazing!!! I hope she will be mine unless I have to stay with my high risk doc (blood clot risk :-( )
  • I delivered my first at saddleback. The maternity ward was recently remodeled. I'll be delivering my second there too in feb. I would recommend dr Baginsky. He works mostly at mission hospital in mission viejo. He also specializes in high risk pregnancies. Good luck!
  • I delivered at Saddleback in April. The nurses and doctors were very supportive of my natural, nondedicated birth plan.
    I was debating between a birthing center and a hospital. Saddleback really fit out needs, especially the responsiveness of the NICU incase anything goes awry (on stand by when baby is almost out, they will be there in seconds).

Good luck, and congratulations!
  • I delivered there in January with Dr. Kenneth James.  He's awesome.  He's totally supportive of natural birth. The nurses at Saddleback entered my entire birth plan into the system and all of our decisions were treated with respect. We also live in Costa Mesa and the drive there seemed to take forever but it only took 20 minutes around 5 pm on a Friday to get there.  

We used Costal Kids as Peds and they were fine.  We are planning to switch the Dr. Connie Bartlett who is also  St. Joseph's doctor but I am not sure if she does rounds at Saddleback.  
  • edited January 2016
    We're planning on delivering at Saddleback and have heard only great things about others experiences. We toured the hospital and all the rooms look really nice. As far as pediatricians go, we chose Dr. Nylander fro Mia Bella in Mission Viejo. I have two friends who go there who absolutely love all 3 doctors at the practice.

Edited because I just realized how old this post was ...lol