Infertility
Options

IUI in MN

Am looking for a new clinic. Only interested right now in iui. Anyone from twin cities and have recommendations? I feel that most places specialize towards ivf.

Re: IUI in MN

• Options
    Yep, had 3 iui's at Park nicollet/Methodist at St. Louis park. My wife also had her IUI there. We were happy with the clinic!
  • Options
    I did IUIs through North Clinic (both Robbinsdale and Maple Grove). I worked with several of the OBs and liked all of them, I mostly worked with a nurse practitioner who had previously worked at a fertility clinic. The only downside was for DH... the collection was not the best when they put him in an exam room with screaming kids in the next room. If you are oop they also offer cash discounts for prompt payment, this saved us a lot of $$. 
    One of my customers also swears by this clinic, www.obgynmn.com, Dr, Marcus worked with his daughters who both had PCOS. 
    For me one important thing when choosing a clinic was proximity, it is helpful to not be driving all over town when you have multiple appointments over several weeks. 
    Good luck!
    Me: 40, Hypothyroidism, well managed, TSH 1.99
    DH: 44 Fine except for low morphology
    TTC since 02/2013  
    08/13: Day 3 tests (ESTRADIOL 20.8; AMH 1.1; FSH 6.2)
    12/13 HSG, all clear
    11/13-5/14 - IUIs #1-3, BFNs, 
    6/14 to present: Taking a break, getting healthier, researching IVF
    Planning for IVF in late summer 2015

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    If you intend on taking meds with your IUIs (i.e. Clomid, injectables, etc.), please do not see an OB! You will find that the advice on these boards is quite consistent that OBs are good at keeping you pregnant, not getting you pregnant. Many OBs will hand out Clomid like candy, with no monitoring, which is very dangerous. If you're under 35 and have been trying for over a year, or over 35 and have been trying for 6+ months, or if you have some other condition that prevents pregnancy, then look into a RE. Some OBs will do IUIs, but again, some OBs are quite irresponsible with monitoring.

Anyway, my husband and I completed 3 IUI cycles at RMIA in Woodbury, but I do not recommend them. I have several friends who have been to CRM and have had great success! DH and I are in the process of switching to this group so I have no personal experience with this group yet, but I do hear wonderful things about their office! They have two- one in St. Paul and one in Minneapolis. They do IUIs and IVF, if you ever decide to switch to IVF.

Good luck with whatever you decide!
    TTC since March 2013

HSG: Sept 2014, clear tubes

Dx: MFI - Low motility, morph, count (Aug. 2014); Hypothyroidism (May 2015)

Moved to IUIs October 2014

IUI #1 w/ injections:  Nov 2014- BFN

IUI #2 w/ injections:  Jan 2015- BFN

IUI #3.1 w/ injections:  Feb. 2015, cancelled due to cysts- 10 days BCP

IUI #3.2 w/ injections:  Feb/March 2015- BFN

IUI #4 w/ 100mg Clomid +  Injections:  August 2015- BFN

IUI #5 w/ 5mg Femara + Injections:  September 2015- BFN

IUI #6 w/ 5mg Femara + Injections:  October 2015 - Cancelled due low response

Moved to IVF May 2016 

Retrieved 18 eggs on 05/27/2016, 13 were ICSI'd, 9 made it to day-five transfer

Transferred 2 beautiful day-five embryos on 06/01/2016, froze 7

BFP 4dp5dt on 06/05/2016!  Line continued to darken beautifully!

EDD:  February 17, 2017

Beta #1:  92

Beta #2:  305 

Ultrasound #1 - one baby!

Ultrasound #2 - saw heartbeat!

LFAF Badges: