1st Trimester

I can't be pregnant

blue024blue024 member
edited April 2015 in 1st Trimester
Hello, I am 20 years old and about five weeks. This is my first pregnancy, I don't feel pregnant though.lol, I don't see myself with the big belly, or even being someone's mommy. Is that normal? I mean what kinda parent will I be if I can't even imagine it now?

Re: I can't be pregnant

• What you are feeling is totally normal for many people! Don't sweat it :) some people take awhile for it to really set in, some people grasp it right away. It doesn't reflect whatsoever on your ability to be a good parent ;)
  • Thank you, every morning I wake up and either remind myself that I'm pregnant, or eat the entire kitchen. Lol, I'm trying to really grasp the fact that there is a little Blip inside me.
  • Loading the player...
  • blue024 said:

Hello, I am 20 years old and about five weeks. This is my first pregnancy, I don't feel pregnant though.lol, I don't see myself with the big belly, or even being someone's mommy. Is that normal? I mean what kinda parent will I be if I can't even imagine it now?

Because it's not really real right away. Generally once you have your first US and then eventually begin showing and buying things it becomes a little more real. However even when we first left the hospital with our first I remember looking at my DH and said "I can't believe we just left the hospital and are parents". Being a parent is a huge change and something you learn as you go. Many things don't seem real until they actually happen. I couldn't imagine having a kindergarteners and now I do. I can't imagine having teens but I will eventually. It's normal to have these feelings and it will feel more real as time goes on.

• I'm at 29 weeks and it still doesn't feel real.
  • Just give yourself some time. We all go through a wide range of feelings so don't think you are bad or going to be a bad mom. Just take your time with this, you have eight months to absorb and get ready. Best wishes and try not to stress :)
  • I'm right there with you gals! I'm only 5 weeks and I CAN'T wait to hear the heartbeat and feel the movements and watch my growing belly so it can finally start to feel real. Just have to wait it out and let baby grow.
    Mommy to Gabriel (12) and Isaiah (10) and Step-Mommy to Danely (17), Diego (9) and Leo (4). Trained doula going for certification!
    5 losses (2002-6 wks, 2004-9 wks, 2005-11 wks, 2015-7 wks & 5/27/2016-19 wks) 

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

BabyFruit Ticker
  • It took me a while to believe that I am actually pregnant! Even after our first ultrasound at 6 weeks. It wasn't until the awful morning sickness kicked in, and I heard the heartbeat that I started to believe it. It's so surreal!

imageimage

O'15 September Siggy Challenge -- Third Trimester Woes
  • I'm 9 weeks, constantly nauseous, dealing with heartburn and exhaustion, and I STILL feel like I'm just sick, not pregnant.
    Me: 34  DH: 35
    Married 2010
    TTC: Feb 2014, BFP 7/14/14, CP 7/18/14
    BFP 3/10/15 - DD #1 born 11/19
    TTC #2: Oct 2017, BFP 12/19/17, CP 12/22/17
    BFP 2/20/18 - EDD 10/31/2018
  • When my oldest was born, we looked at each other and wondered if we were allowed to change her diaper, LOL.
  • I know exactly how you feel. I had my first son at 18 years old!!! 

With EVERY pregnancy, this early you won't feel pregnant. Shoot I am pregnant with my 3rd child now, and I am 23. 
    I am 11 weeks and 1 day today, and I still don't feel like I am pregnant. What will help you put it into perspective is when you see an ultrasound, and hear the heartbeat...  You might experience more symptoms soon such as breast tenderness or fatigue, maybe acne. 
    (believe me it will feel like you are pregnant lol)
    Just give it time. Remember you have a lil one in there so you can remember to eat good, and stay away from chemicals, or medications... I know sometimes I forget to not sleep on my belly and I end up waking up in pain. 
    This early on, its definitely important to remember because the baby is super fragile...

P.S If it helps, I am pregnant with my 3rd and I still can't imagine having THREE KIDS!!!  crazy stuff... this one was a shocker.
    I felt that way with every single pregnancy. With my second I thought it would be crazy seeing myself as a mom to two kids, and couldn't picture it, but once it happens its like second nature. You learn how to live differently, and how to make schedules for the babies. Its something that just kicks in as an instinct so don't you worry!   
    Everything happens for a reason <3

35 Weeks with Baby Boy #3 

Jace Thomas- 2 years old and Zachary William 5 years old!

• I'm 9 weeks, constantly nauseous, dealing with heartburn and exhaustion, and I STILL feel like I'm just sick, not pregnant.

This.