Will she ever like motion? Daytime sleep question — The Bump
Preemies

Will she ever like motion? Daytime sleep question

acsagoacsago member
edited March 2015 in Preemies
Hi, I have a former 27 weeker, a month past her due date now.  She sleeps pretty well at night, seems like one actual plus from her NICU stay, she knew the difference between night and day when she got home.  However, during the day, she will not let me lay her down to sleep.  She will only sleep while I am holding her either in my arms or the carrier.  If I lay her down she sleeps no more than about 5 minutes.  I don't mind it most of the time, I quit working to take care of her, but sometimes I have to be able to put her down.  I have a 4 and a 2 year old, which slone is enough reason to have to be able to put her down, and after moving, a traumatic pregnancy, and a 9 week NICU stay, they are not sleeping through the night and end up in my bed.  So I am not getting any sleep and cannot put the baby down so I can nap.  We bought her the mamaroo because they had them at the NICU, but she doesn't like it or the swing.  She won't sleep swaddled in her co-sleeper like at night either.  Anyone else go through this?  Is it just a phase?  Will she ever like the motion things like the swing or Mamaroo or should I just return it?  I assume because she spent so long in her isolette laying still, she just doesn't crave motion like a full term baby, is this true for anyone else?  Just want to know if I'm alone or anyone has any suggestions.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Will she ever like motion? Daytime sleep question

• My twins (32 weekers) were the same way. We used the swing but kept it still until around two months adjusted. And they did end up eventually liking the swing. We wound up using the swing until about five months adjusted, seven months actual. We also got some little chairs - Fischer price I think? - to put them in, and we would lay them on the piano mat as another holding place.
    ---------------Siggy Warning--------------------

Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    Me: 32, DH: 34  / TTC since February 2011 / SA: all normal, HSG: all clear! / on Lovenox for anticardiolipid antibodies
    4 IUIs with Clomid, Letrozole, and Menopur. All BFN.
    9/12: lap / hysteroscopy: found and removed mild endometriosis, cervical polyp, and 2 para-tubular cysts
    5/13 IVF #1: Follistim, Menopur, Ganirelix, 10R/4M/4F, ET of 2, 5 cell and 4 cell, no frosties = BFN
    12/13 IVF #2 = November / December 2013. Microdose Lupron Protocol: 15R/6M/6F, Froze all 6 due to high E2 and P4
    FET 1: Jan 22, 2014 of one 4AB blast and one 3BB blast (3 blasts on ice!)
    BFP on HPT 4dp5dt, Beta #1 9dp5dt: 310, Beta #2 11dp5dt: 899
    First u/s on 2/17/14: TWINS!!!!! both w/HBs of 114 at 6w3d, HBs 150 and 152 at 7w5d

5/27/2014: Team purple!!!!  EDD 10/10/2014 / 
    Delivered by c-section at 32w0d 8/15/2014 due to preeclampsia/HELLP syndrome
    Baby Boy 4lbs 1oz, 17 inches
    Baby Girl 3lbs 5oz, 16 inches

imageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker