3rd Trimester

c-section??

Anyone else might have to get c section done? I'm almost 34 weeks preggo with baby boy & doc explained my last ultrasound showed that he is breech & have low laying placenta... My 2 lil girls I had naturally so a surgery seems scary to me :( I go i n for another ultrasound in 2 weeks to see if ne thing changed...

Re: c-section??

• I had a c section with my first, it was an emergency one after hours and hours of labor. And my hospital doesn't allow vbacs so I will have another one. It's really not that bad. I feel more stressed this time because I have had much more time to think about it, rather than 5 minutes like last time. Just take it easy after, it is a major surgery, and your body will need to heal. Good luck. You still have time for baby to turn :)
  • I've had two. A c section is nothing to take lightly but when needed for medical reasons they are a good thing. My first was an emergency and it was tough. I had some complications and it delayed me meeting my son for several hours. The recovery was long and honestly I didn't feel really well for about three months. My hospital does not allow v bacs so naturally I was very hesitant to have more kids .

My second was obviously planned and much easier , a big part bring i didn't labor prior. The procedure went smoothly and I was up and moving that evening. I felt pretty normal at 2 weeks pp.

It's major surgery but it's not the end of the world. Expect to be sore, even laughing can hurt due to your stomachs being tender and you will want straight up high as possible granny panties. You want to avoid having anything right on your incision the first week or so after surgery . Listen to your body and take the time you need to recovery. Good luck at your appt and with the surgery should that be the way it ends up.

• Loading the player...
  • I had an emergency c-section with my second and it was scary because of the circumstances, but the surgery & recovery itself were not bad. I am trying for a VBAC this time, but if it doesn't happen that is okay with me. From everything I have read & people I have talked to, having a scheduled c-section is a much different (and better!) experience than the emergency. 
    S- March 09 E- Feb 12 L- May 15

• I am scheduled for a c-section tomorrow actually w/my first due to medical issues. For someone like me who dwells on every possible situation/scenario/outcome, kinda of stinks that I knew this far in advance, but at the same time it allows me to mentally prepare as well. I've had other types of abdominal surgeries, and all I can say is walk walk walk when you have the chance and can. It will help circulation, prevent gas bubbles, and just make you heal a little bit quicker. Don't stress everything will turn out fine I am sure!
  • My son was breech, so I opted for a scheduled C-section instead of trying a version procedure to flip him.  the C-section recovery wasn't bad at all!  getting up the first day REALLY hurts, but after that it's not so bad.  I had another scheduled c-section with my daughter as well. good luck! 

Me: 35 DH: 41

DS:  12/25/2008

DD:  04/06/2010

• I had a c-section with my first and I will have another one with my second in a about 10 wks.  My first wasn't an emergency situation but his heart rate was going down early into contractions so the doctor didn't want to take any chances.  I recovered well and don't have an issue with having to have another one again.  It is a great option if it is medically needed to get the baby out safely as well as keeping you safe. 
    Good luck
  • My doctor today talked to me generally about an elective c section due to me measuring a little ahead. I'm 34weeks 4 days today and I'm measuring about a week ahead. So she's going to continue monitoring it and will schedule an ultrasound if needed. But I'm not sure that I want a c section for my first time. It's just a waiting game at this point to see how big LO gets. I'm just going to educate myself as much as possible and try to make sure all my questions are answered. Good luck to all other mommies!
  • My doctor today talked to me generally about an elective c section due to me measuring a little ahead. I'm 34weeks 4 days today and I'm measuring about a week ahead. So she's going to continue monitoring it and will schedule an ultrasound if needed. But I'm not sure that I want a c section for my first time. It's just a waiting game at this point to see how big LO gets. I'm just going to educate myself as much as possible and try to make sure all my questions are answered. Good luck to all other mommies!

Those US are notorious for being off. I would never select one on that alone.

Your belly is measuring a week ahead so she's talking to you about an elective c-section? That seems like majorly jumping the gun.
    S- March 09 E- Feb 12 L- May 15

• Best advice I can give you is to get out of the bed as soon as they will let you. It hurts but it makes recovery so much faster. Just always think "It hurts a little less each time I get up." And WALK, it will help the gas pains.

• My doc is talking c-section. I'll be 38 weeks this week and she thinks baby is breech. I haven't had an ultra sound since twenty weeks so how does my doctor know the baby is fir sure breech? Isn't this something that should be checked before scheduling a c-section? I am hoping she is taking the necessary precautions to be absolutely sure, but I don't know what standard procedure is here.
  • I had a C-section with my first and was not scheduled. I will be having a C-section with this one as well and honestly they are not to bad at all takes no time and my recovery was just fine! 
  • They can usually tell by feeling your stomach.  They are pretty good at determining what is the head, butt, legs, arms, etc.  But I would definitely ask to confirm with an ultrasound that the baby is breach before scheduling a c-section.
    imageimage image image Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My baby is breech, I'm 35 weeks.

They said if he doesn't turn the schedule C sections for 39 weeks. This is our first baby and my husband is deployed. I'm a bit stressed....

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

TTC: Started May 2012
    Bloodwork - potential ovulation issue which seemed to be fixed by clomid.
    SA - Mot (36%) and count low 9.3 mil (updated) 
    HSG - Oct 16 2013 - came back clear
    Clomid #1 - Nov. 2013 - BFN
    BFP#1 =  Clomid #2, Dec. 2013 - EDD 9.9.14 Loss Jan 9
    Femara #1 + Trigger (2/21) Feb. 2014 +ruptured ovarian cyst - BFN
    SIS clear
    April 2014: 50IU Follistim CD3-CD9 + 25IU CD10-CD13+CD13 trigger 1 mature follie= BFN
    IUI #1: May 2014 50IU Follistim + trigger + IUI = BFN
    IUI #2: June 2014 50IU Follistim + IUI (3 mil sperm)=  BFN
    TI #2: June 2014 50IU Follistim  + Trigger = BFN
    BFP#2 = IUI# 3: Aug 2014 75IU Follistim+ Trigger + IUI (2 mil sperm) EDD May 15

BabyFruit Ticker

Love bugs unite!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• I wouldn't worry about being breech at that point. With my first, my baby stayed breech up until 38 1/2 weeks. She turned around on her own. My doc says it happens all the time. Eventually, gravity is what causes them to go head down since the baby's head is significantly heavier than the rest of its body. There are some positions you can get into to try to help the baby turn (google it - it involves spending some time on your hands and knees). I did that several times. Also, some docs will do an external version, which is when they manually try to move the baby into position. Those are rarely effective but better than a c-section if they work.

That said, I've had 2 c-sections and no issues either time. I would have preferred a natural delivery, too, but that just wasn't in the cards for me. Ther
  • I had a Csection with first.  He just would not come.  At almost 41 weeks we induced and he still would not drop.  So after 12 hours with no progress, I had a Csection.  My recovery was fine.  I left the hospital on OTC meds for pain and felt back to normal for the most part by 2 weeks.  There is the no driving thing, but I am not sure I would want to drive after a natural birth either. 

Most of my friends that had harder recoveries had major labor with pushing that ended in a Csection.  Which I feel is very different on your body than a scheduled Csection.  Basically those poor moms did both and had to recover from both.  That is a lot for anyone's body.