Babies: 3 - 6 Months

And we're back at the beginning...

My LO is 15 weeks and for a good 5-6 weeks he was STTN, 11 hours total with a good 6-7 hour stretch. He is breastfed so that was unexpected but very nice especially since he would only sleep in my arms the first 2 months. Now for the past week, he's back to waking every hour or two and can't go back on his own. His naps have always been on the shorter side but this week they've been all over the place. He seems fine, no fever, no change in behavior that would indicate something is wrong aside from being cranky from not getting good naps. Any ideas?

Re: And we're back at the beginning...

• It is time for sleep regression to rear its ugly head. It is doing that with my LO. She sleeps great one night then up a lot the next 2. I read it can repeat around 8, 12, and 18 months for a lot of kids too. I don't remember much about it with my other 3 girls....just that I pretty much haven't in 14 yrs. I-)
    Pregnancy Ticker

Proud Mom to Kaleigh (14yr) Emma (12yr) and Hanna (7yr)

photo 65b2d6f3-b1dd-4a2a-944b-fcb0ed878723_zpsc89c0b93.jpg
  • I've thought about that but at 3.5 months, 12/29, you don't think that's too early? I was hoping to be one of the lucky few to bypass that lol
  • Loading the player...
  • It can start early or late from what I've heard. A friend of mine's LO was early and it lasted about four weeks :/
  • I read it can start as early as 3mths and as late as 5mths
    Pregnancy Ticker

Proud Mom to Kaleigh (14yr) Emma (12yr) and Hanna (7yr)

photo 65b2d6f3-b1dd-4a2a-944b-fcb0ed878723_zpsc89c0b93.jpg
  • And it will keep continuing as well. Nothing stays the same for long with babies so try to go with the flow. Adjust your expectations and you'll be less frustrated.
  • What PP said. People get so caught up in books, timelines, research, exact dates....babies are mini people and every one is different. All those data points are just averages. Just go with the flow and don't set expectations.
    TTC since June 2011
    DH: perfect SA
    Me: 30, moderate endo, unexplained infertility
    IUI or IVF in December

• My 13 week old went from 11 hrs at night waking once to eat to waking every 2.5 hrs last night.  He woke up 4 extra times...I was thinking it was a growth spurt.  We'll see how tonight goes!
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • see8esee8e member
    I'm in the exact same boat with my 14 week DD! I've been more tired this past week then when she was a newborn, since I'm back at work now! How long do these regressions usually last?
  • We're still going through it but it's eased a little. He started doing a little 3-4 hour stretch so that's nice but the schedule is alllllll off from what he was at before. His naps have gotten a lot better though. I'm just doing what others have said and going with it. Not much else I can do. We're in the middle of moving on top of it all, too!
  • BBoyd2013 said:

My LO is 15 weeks and for a good 5-6 weeks he was STTN, 11 hours total with a good 6-7 hour stretch. He is breastfed so that was unexpected but very nice especially since he would only sleep in my arms the first 2 months. Now for the past week, he's back to waking every hour or two and can't go back on his own. His naps have always been on the shorter side but this week they've been all over the place. He seems fine, no fever, no change in behavior that would indicate something is wrong aside from being cranky from not getting good naps. Any ideas?

Nothing is permanent with babies. Roll with it & you'll find a new normal until the next change.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Im having this exact situation. My LO is 15 weeks and this past few days hes getting up 3 times a night.  Im exhausted!  Are you feeding your lo ones every time they get up?
  • Every time you think they have a pattern, it changes.  you just have to roll with it and it will recover
  • @heatherfaith my son will only nurse back to sleep. My husband has tried to just rock but he won't have it :( won't take a paci either so nursing it is lol