April 2014 Moms

Weaning/sleeping/everything/random

CosmoAnne1CosmoAnne1 member
edited March 2015 in April 2014 Moms
Being my 3rd child I thought this would be easier. Nope he loves the boob!!! Lol I'm so done and he seems to only do it more for comfort . He truly only drinks a lot is right before bed , nap time, and when he gets up in the morning. He wakes up ever hour at night and the only way to put him back to sleep is nursing. with how today went I guess I won't be weaning anytime soon or if I do I'm thinking cold turkey. He eats all kinds of food but he's not much for WM...... Just venting and I would love to have my bed back to!!!! Co sleeping Blakes a cutie but I haven't slept in a year and I would really like to do so. Maybe just a mommy day at the spa will make me feel better.... Or a date with my husband. I can't get a baby sitter because all blakes does is cry for me. I know he loves me so much!!!! How's everyone else doing?

Re: Weaning/sleeping/everything/random

• LO went from sleeping through the night to an obvious growth spurt and waking several times a night.  He was finally down to just two wakings a night, but he was still nursing both times and I was really dragging.  So I talked to DH and he became the 'first defense' for MOTN wakings.  He'd go up and bounce and if LO continued to lose his mind after 5 minutes, I'd go up and take over.  If he calmed down, DH would continue and bounce him to sleep.  After several nights of this treatment, LO started waking less and finally back to no wakings and I got some MOTN peace.  We're back on that trend currently, but hoping to nip it in the bud soon.  
  • Wow... Up every hour at night? Have you tried sleep training? Sounds like your little one has a sleep association issue. When I say sleep training I don't necessarily mean cry it out.... But something to break his sleep association to help him sleep better at night.
  • Loading the player...
  • I think my husband may be harder to train than to warn my kid. Every time my kid gets upset he says he thinks DD is hungry, when she clearly isn't! I think he mostly just wants to sleep...