November 2015 Moms
Options

Belly Bands?

Ugh, I need new jeans.  Mostly because the ones I currently wear are worn out...but I'm "outgrowing" them quickly anyway.  (I wear them for work on the farm and usually buy 2-3 pair each spring, and it's time) I have a few pair that are in good shape still, but they are snug, and was thinking I should hold off on spending the money on jeans, and just buy a couple of belly bands.  Are they worth it?  Do they work?  Are they comfy?  Should I buy new jeans a size or two bigger along with a belly band or two?  I found a place that has them on sale now, 40% off, bellybuttonband.com - but that's the first style I've come across....any other suggestions on brands? 

Re: Belly Bands?

• Options
    happygirl528happygirl528 member
    edited April 2015
    Well, the site above wants $18 to ship ECONOMY...and $20 for expedited....definitely looking around at some different options, not sure even with the discount they apply that I can justify $20 for shipping something that weighs next to nothing and can fold up and fit in a padded envelope.

So, suggestions please???
  • Options
    I have nothing to add, but I'm interested in opinions of experienced mom's, too. They seem popular, but I have always wondered how truly comfortable they are. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I used the Bella brand from Target as well. Loved it! Helped me save a ton of money on clothes during the first 5 months.
  • Options
    I also used it after the baby was born to avoid buying more clothes while my stomach was shrinking.
  • Options
    imfunsizenikiimfunsizeniki member
    edited April 2015
    Here is the "original" Bella Band --> https://www.ingridandisabel.com/shop/bellaband/1011-bellaband

It is called BeBand at Target, but by the same company, and now comes in 3 colors LOL --> https://www.ingridandisabel.com/shop/bellaband/1013-bellaband-basic

Because I've gotten so much use out of my Target one, I may splurge and get the prettier versions of the Bella Band to have more variety.  It really is a go to item in my closet, pregnant or not.  I literally wear it a couple times a week with my leggings like mentioned above.

ETA: my bestie and I are considering making these for ourselves {we are ALWAYS preggo together bahahahaha} https://www.etsy.com/listing/223532360/single-pregnancy-maternity-womb-wrap?ref=shop_home_feat_3
    imageimage
    imageimage
    image 05.06 @4w | 08.06 @5w | 03.07 @9w01.04.10 {RIP} AML | 09.11 @6w | 02.12 @7w10.22.12-11.04.12 {RIP} ASL | 09.13 @12wimage
  • Options
    So did i it's great very comfortable and I used it after baby was born because I felt all loose after her birth
  • Options
    Has anyone searched Pintrest for DIY Bellybands?
  • Options
    I used the belly band for my first pregnancy and loved it. I switched to maternity pants halfway through b/c it seemed so much easier.  If you're planning on having more kids, I would just take the plunge and buy maternity. But that's just my opinion.

With my first I was a tiny belly. It never went back after birth. I had some fat and loose skin. So the second time around it seemed easier to just wear maternity jeans.
  • Options
    Thanks @iimfunsizeniki!  I just ordered the Target one, figure it's at least a start and they have such a great return policy, I know I won't be "stuck" with it if it doesn't work for me for some reason!
  • Options
    @babywood15, I think the bigger issue for me right now is that I'm not quite to "maternity" size, yet my jeans don't fit.  I'm sort of inbetween, plus, we haven't started to tell people yet, so yeah, buying and wearing maternity pants might give us away!! :)
  • Options
    Totally know what you mean! Then ya just splurge and go with the belly band.
  • Options
    Another easy trick, use a hair tie :) you just loop it thru the button hole and then loop it over your jeans button. Helps save your jeans for a little while longer before you need to transition into a Bella Band or maternity
  • Options
    Be band from Target has worked well for me. Also, it's nice after baby when getting back into your normal size.