January 2015 Moms
Options

Building milk supply

For those who are breastfeeding, what have you done to build your milk supply? The consultants in my area give different information in terms of how often to nurse and whether or not I should just nurse my daughter whenever she wants and there are no other consultants or le leche league close by. Whenever I pump I usually only get around 1 oz each session and it's becoming discouraging

Re: Building milk supply

• Options
    I have been breastfeeding Joshua when he is hungry, I have not been doing a good job of pumping my milk to build up a supply. I heard there is a Tea you can drink and it builds up the supple. Here is the link..... https://www.amazon.com/Traditional-Medicinals-Organic-Mother-Milk/dp/B0001VVDPY

Some of the women that have drank the tea said it works and some said it doesn't work, But it might be worth a try and see if it will works for you.
  • Options
    Thank you! I've heard of a tea too and I'm willing to try it
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Go and buy the supplement Fenugreek. My LC told me about it and I've been taking it for almost 2 months and it seems to be doing its job. Try Walgreens or another pharmacy, it's around 10 bucks
  • Options
    nursing on demand, pumping after feedings, fenugreek

• Options
    I started drinking Mothers Milk Tea and it helped me a lot. It's not instant. But after a week of drinking 2-3 cups daily, I increased my milk volume by almost double. I've also noticed that now that I'm not drinking as many cups of tea, my supply has dropped. I'm drinking only 1 a day. Just ordered more on Amazon so I can start drinking attest 2 a day.