Baby Names

worst names I've heard all year!

So I'm at work right now and I just heard the worst names on two little boys that I've ever heard! Sargeant and Neighbor.
Yep. No lie.
Think I threw up in my mouth a little. Happy Saturday everyone ;)
Vive Les Frasers
Related image

Anniversary

Re: worst names I've heard all year!

• Loading the player...
  • I see some very interesting ones at work:

Princesse
    Mystical
    Christyna (pronounced Chris - TINE - ah)

Maybe not the absolute worst, but I'd sure never name a human with those names.
  • For April fools one of my coworkers told my students that we were naming my son Javex :). Teeehee
  • I know girls with boy names, which seems to be "cool" right now. But the worst name I know is Captain.
    Married 2006
    DS1 2010
    DS2 2013
    DD1 2016
  • A name I've seen at work: Urth (pronounced Earth) Legend

Not as horrible as some of the other names everyone else has posted. 
    Anniversary
    Me (29) + DH (30) | Dating 2003 | Married 2008
    DS - 02/21/2016

• Love Lil Funky Jo. I have all his albums.

By far the worst I've seen recently are brothers: Prophet Foley and Credence Cross. They have two brothers with similarly awful names (one is Lazarus something) but those were the worst two.
  • Have to say Urth is hilarious, also.
  • I know girls with boy names, which seems to be "cool" right now. But the worst name I know is Captain.

I would never ever do that to a kid, but that's kind of an awesome name if I ever get another dog (we're boat people)
    Me: 34  DH: 35
    Married 2010
    TTC: Feb 2014, BFP 7/14/14, CP 7/18/14
    BFP 3/10/15 - DD #1 born 11/19
    TTC #2: Oct 2017, BFP 12/19/17, CP 12/22/17
    BFP 2/20/18 - EDD 10/31/2018
  • When I worked in daycare, a mom had three daughters names Cherokee, Dakota, and Navajo. Pretty sure they were not Native American, and even if they were......

Once had a toddler named Aivah in my class, pronounced "Ava"

An HR rep at my work once did an interview with a girl named Diamond Ring
  • Sh' pronounced Sh above comma. Yeah....
  • Sh' pronounced Sh above comma. Yeah....

All as one name. I'm sorry but this name and how to say it and how someone could give this name to human being is beyond me
  • nicosh8nicosh8 member
    edited April 2015
    Wow these names are awful!

People in my area are naming their daughters Hennessy (after the booze). I also went to HS with a girl named Chandelier 8-}
    Me:27 DH:27
    Married: May 2013
    TTC#1 since Nov 2014
    MC June 2015
    MC January 2016
    Compound Hetero MTHFR Gene Mutation
  • I don't think any of these names are bad individually (okay, maybe the last one) ... but when they're all part of the same family I think it's ridiculous. A guy I went to high school with is a history buff and his four kids are:

Lincoln
    Reagan
    Kennedy
    Nixon

• I don't think any of these names are bad individually (okay, maybe the last one) ... but when they're all part of the same family I think it's ridiculous. A guy I went to high school with is a history buff and his four kids are:

Lincoln
    Reagan
    Kennedy
    Nixon

Yep, I used to work for a man (9 years ago) whose children were named; Madison, Jackson, and Reagan. At the time I thought it was kind of cute... but now I don't, at all.
    Vive Les Frasers
    Related image

Anniversary
  • I was at the ball park and this child's name was Shashay (chassè) (like the dance move)
  • WORST parents ever... Named their child Shithead. I'm not kidding. Pronounced shy-eth-id
  • I don't get the La-a reference. So no...

And I have never heard of this "myth" either... A kid came in with the name where I work...

Do you question everyone on this post?
  • I don't get the La-a reference. So no...

And I have never heard of this "myth" either... A kid came in with the name where I work...

Do you question everyone on this post?
    That never happened. https://www.snopes.com/racial/language/names.asp
  • So because there is an article written about it, no one has ever done it? I'm confused on what your point is?
  • I just had a file come across my desk this afternoon; poor guy's name was George George. 
    Diane
    First Timer!
    EDD: 6-13-15
    Me: 34 Hubs: 37

Pregnancy Ticker

imageimage
                                                                    Jean-Luc                                   Unna       

• To be clear, I mean your point aside from your need to argue with people. Bc that is apparent all over the board.

Those are pretty terrible.

I can't recall seeing any terrible names IRL lately, but I've seen talk of a Rilyn. Not sure what that is.

So. How long till somebody pops in and claims they've seen a La-a?
    We've got a Shithead ^
  • To be clear, I mean your point aside from your need to argue with people. Bc that is apparent all over the board.

Because when people post stuff like they know a La-a, or a Vagina or a Shithead, they don't actually know a person named that. They've heard it second hand, and there's no actual evidence to corroborate it. But the stories surrounding these names always either play up socioeconomic status or race as part of the reason behind them. Basically these stories exist to make racists laugh and feel better about themselves. 

SSA has no publicly available records to support any of these names, (Though there is Ladasha, probably because keep spreading these tales instead of just letting them die) 

When there are terrible name threads, unless you have actually SEEN the name, you probably shouldn't share it.

On the off chance you saw a "Shithead", I'd wager his parents don't speak English, or barely speak it. And I don't think it's funny.
  • wassuphoeswassuphoes member
    edited April 2015
    LizWhiz87 said:

I can't recall seeing any terrible names IRL lately, but I've seen talk of a Rilyn. Not sure what that is.

We've got a Shithead ^l
    Less than 24 hours.

ETA: oops, Less than 48 hours. Progress I suppose.
  • LizWhiz87 said:

We've got a Shithead ^l
    Less than 24 hours.

ETA: oops, Less than 48 hours. Progress I suppose.
    I've been waiting for you. And P. Stew <3
  • I had a roommate once who was Gayle Gale. At least they were spelled differently, but...
  • My dad has a friend named Candy Cane... She goes by Candace, obvs
  • There was a Velvet Ribbon at the drs office I worked for.
  • I read an article earlier today about a young woman who died recently from a brain eating amoeba. While the story was both sad and terrifying, I was distracted at first by the girl's name: first name Koral; last name Reef
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    TTC #1 - Nov '14
    BFP 2/3/16  EDD 10/16/16
    DS born 10/18

LFAF: Frankly Disturbing
  • I work in children's ministry and they is a girl named abcde! No joke. Very young parents. Sweet little girl! Poor baby for her future.
  • tab221 said:

I work in children's ministry and they is a girl named abcde! No joke. Very young parents. Sweet little girl! Poor baby for her future.

How is it pronounced?
  • I met siblings at church on Sunday named Jameson and Walker...........both girls! Why?
  • saham07 said:

I met siblings at church on Sunday named Jameson and Walker...........both girls! Why?

Yuck, that's awful.
    Vive Les Frasers
    Related image

Anniversary