March 2015 Moms
Options

Emotional?

I wasn't emotional during the pregnancy, but now that my beautiful princess is here, I can't stop crying!!! Not because things are bad or hard. In fact, they have never been better!! I cry because she's so perfect, or because she's growing so fast. I just want to freeze time. She's 9 days old, and already changed so much!!!! I know that these early years go by soo fast and I can't stop crying because of it!!!! Anyone else??
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Emotional?

• Options
    Same!!!!! I wasn't emotional during pregnancy but now any little thing makes me cry. Even pictures! I've also been super emotional because I feel helpless since I can hardly move because of the cut. :(
  • Options
    Say hello to postpartum hormonal changes!! Haha. And also, I was never ever ever emotional before my first. and while I'm not nearly as emotional as I was just after she was born there is def something that changes when you have children and I found I had changed. I'm not irrationally emotional but I'm more prone to feel things deeper , even happy things, than before. I dunno. Just part of motherhood. :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Guess I've just never felt this happy before and it makes me cry!
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    I am completely the same way, especially the first week. I would cry because I'm so lucky to be her mom, ball at a sad story (especially involving a baby), cry at a semi-sad part in a movie, cry just discussing that she'll have a cold one day, cry that she's jaundiced & I feel like it's my fault because I'm breast feeding, etc. It has gotten better, but I did tear up during blood work for her jaundice yesterday. It's all of these stinking hormones!!
  • Options
    I've been feeling this way too and it's an odd feeling to be this emotional and sometimes it catches me off guard. However my little man will be 3 weeks old on Sunday and its starting to get slightly better. Hormones cause us to do crazy things, but enjoy the life of being a new mommy!
  • Options
    Oh yeah. With pregnancy I was emotional. Post partum...not sure what to call it but I cry at least twice a day. As PP said, super profound feelings, positive and negative.
  • Options
    I am far less tearful now than those last few weeks of pregnancy (it has only been four days, so we will see). But I have been laughing uncontrollably at things. Stupid stuff that may be funny, but should not lead to hysterical laughter that brings me to tears.
  • Options
    Lark425Lark425 member
    edited March 2015
    I have some baby blues, but I'm hoping my placenta pills kick in soon. Also, apparently when your milk comes in your emotions go into hyperdrive. It's normal. I always cry when I'm tired (which duh, who can sleep when you have a newborn), I cry because he's gassy which I take to mean that it's my fault and he isn't tolerating the food I'm eating. Poor gut health because I eat too much sugar. I cry when we go out, all those people and germs and bright lights and loud noises and possible dangers. Sometimes I just feel overwhelmed and that I suck at being a mother and can't do anything right. I feel like I'm completely inadequate and a failure. He's so tiny and vulnerable and new. These are really big emotions for me and they are hard to process.
  • Options
    Me too! Even with baby boy in NICU, I'm still so happy he's doing well and he's here! I feel so positively overwhelmed, everything is making me cry! And here I thought I was emotional before, lol!

Hang in there mamas, both hysterically happy and blue mamas! We're doing this thing!
    Ben Louis, born March 20, 2015 @ 11:50PM. Delivered by c-section at 32 weeks and 6 days due to mother's pre-eclampsia. Doing brilliantly in NICU!

Handstamped, custom jewelry from Charmedseed... grown just for you!
  • Options
    I was just like this up to 2 weeks postpartum. Still have meltdowns every once in a while but definitely noticed improvement 2-3 weeks postpartum.
  • Options
    I cried on/off the day before and the morning that my husband had to go back to work. I loved our family time just the three of us and realized in that first 9 days we had too many visitors, I wasn't ready for our time as just us to end and for him to go back to work. I would limit visitors and the length if I could do that over again. Definitely will remember for next time though!

Turns out we're doing good by ourselves at home and I absolutely love my time just the two of us. I love her expressions and her sweet snuggles! I think of how fast her first week went that it also makes me sad thinking how fast the rest will go and that I'll have to go back to work too.

As a PP said, I find myself thinking thing are overly funny too!!

Hang in there, we've all got this!
  • Options
    I am also crying at all of the ups and downs. Laughing one minute and bawling the next! It is definitely a roller coaster. Does anyone else find themselves crying from anxiety of what's to come? My husband goes back to work next week and I don't want him to leave us and it stresses me out on top of all of the other stresses and exhaustion. I love my little man though and that also makes me bawl as well! So many emotions!
  • Options
    I feel like that as well- almost overcome by emotions sometimes. Add in that this is my last pregnancy. My last delivery. My last baby. Everything that she will do for the first time, will also be the last time my DH and I experience that as parents. Very bittersweet.
  • Options
    I've been feeling the same in the last three weeks since she was born. Especially this week I feel like I can't do anything right. They say she'll gradually sleep more at night but I feel like she sleeps less and less. I'm so tired all the time and lonely sitting at home by myself with her all day. She seems to be having a hard time with breastfeeding lately and that has been frustrating. I just feel like she's never happy and I'm doing a horrible job. I hope it will get better.
  • Options
    I just spoke with a friend of mine who just had her 3rd kid and I was looking for advice on the hormones too. She said that weeks 3-6 for all 3 kids have been the hardest but they do get better each week and to remember that you're not alone in those feelings! We are all up and down and you are definitely NOT doing a terrible job! You are exactly the mother your LO needs!