November 2015 Moms
Options

First ultrasound not till 10 weeks!

I'm just over 6 weeks and can't get into my OB for the first ultrasound till 10 weeks! I was hoping closer to 8 weeks.... Ugh I don't want to wait that long! I feel it will be stressful as I want to make sure there is a heartbeat and everything looks good.... Anyone else experience this? I'm just frustrated......

Re: First ultrasound not till 10 weeks!

• Options
    My doctor won't see you until 9 weeks at the earliest unless you are high risk. The wait is so annoying but in the end, you see more than just a dot that the earlier scans show plus you see the heartbeat. Worth the wait to me.
  • Options
    Mine won't see you for intake until 8 weeks and then ultrasound around 10-11. It's very common.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    LSRooLSRoo member
    Completely normal. It's better to wait. The ultrasound will contain more certainty. Early ultrasounds can be tricky because a lot of times you don't see what you were expecting and it leaves you worrying. It'll be here before you know it. I actually opted to wait this time because i didn't want to risk a questionable ultrasound and be told to come back in a week. Waiting in limbo is worse than waiting period.
  • Options
    I had my ultrasound at 5 weeks because I'm a high risk due to a past blood clot after my ectopic pregnancy. Ever person I saw in the office was like why are you doing one so early until I explained. Look into free clincs. In Florida there is one called hope clinic that does free ultra sounds. They even have the home heartbeat monitor. If anything purchase one of those
  • Options
    My intake was at 8 weeks and first ultrasound is Monday when I will be 10 weeks and 4 days. It's 100% normal to not get an ultrasound earlier, and as has been said, many don't even get them until 20 weeks. There really isn't much to see at this point. The waiting does suck, but it gets easier.
  • Options
    My old dr didn't schedule me for an ultrasound at my first appt, she snuck me the bedside one though. My first offical ultrasound wasn't until 20 week anatomy scan. I think with my new dr I get one at my first appt but they didn't schedule me until 9w4d.
  • Options
    I'm doing blood work close to 9 weeks and seeing the doctor close to 12 weeks. I guess I am okay with it. I'm impatient but I don't think they have too much info to go on earlier on in the pregnancy. Hoping for an A ok to start the 2 nd trimester!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"