March 2015 Moms
Options

Question

Even though this is my 2nd child I can't for the life of me remember what contractions felt like the first time around. For the past couple hours my stomach has been getting ridiculously hard and it hurts but is bearable. Is that what they feel like? I have an appointment tomorrow morning so if it doesn't go away or gets worse I'll definitely be telling him about it.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Question

• Options
    Sounds like just strong Braxton hicks . Try lying on your side, and drinking tons of water. If they don't go away and get stronger and you can time them then they probably are contractions. Call your doctor if they get within 3 to 5 minutes apart for a minute each for an hour
  • Options
    that's funny - that's the same thing that's happened to me this time around. when i've had "real" contractions (even though the BH this time are TOUGH) they have felt way more like period cramps
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    That's how my labor started. It was in the evening, and it felt like the tightening, BH feeling like you described. I'd been having BH for months, but something about them were just different enough I started timing them on my contractions app. Sure enough, by morning they felt like painful menstrual cramps.

• Options
    Ditto, my BHs were actually more powerful than my beginning labor contractions. They were very period crampy.
    BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"