You know you’re a mom when... — The Bump
Babies: 0 - 3 Months

You know you’re a mom when...

BumpCaitlinBumpCaitlin
Moderator 500 Love Its 100 Comments Second Anniversary
admin
edited February 2015 in Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Everyone has that moment when it finally hits you: “Wow! I’m someone’s mom!”

We asked Bumpies to share when they had this realization, and we guarantee that you can relate. 

When did you “know” you were a mom?

Re: You know you’re a mom when...

• Your baby coughs and sprays breast milk into your open mouth. You were just admiring how cute she looks and now are left speechless.
    comaba
  • BumpCaitlinBumpCaitlin
    Moderator 500 Love Its 100 Comments Second Anniversary
    admin
    edited February 2015
    @diamond7926 She sounds like she's full of surprises!! Your LO is keeping you on your toes! 
  • Loading the player...
  • When you learned to love that spoiled milk smell lol.
    Steeniegrill
  • Absolutely delicious! :p
  • You know you're a mom when going to wal mart by yourself is SO exciting. Or when you can't wait for baby to take a nap, then you miss them the whole time they're sleeping.
    Liamscutemomlopba5
  • When you catch spit up/puke in your hand to avoid getting it on things.
    Mama2littleBLynnmarie94
  • someone else's child yells "MOM!" in the store, and you unknowingly say "YES?" lol 
  • someone else's child yells "MOM!" in the store, and you unknowingly say "YES?" lol 

Love it!! It can just be really exciting being called "mom!"
    strbrrydlyte22
  • Going to the grocery store by yourself is a vacation.
    Amee12datingbettybooplopba5
  • At my first sonogram, my spouse and mother accompanied me. The nurse said, "I will show mom first." I misinterpreted, thinking my mother would see first, and the nurse turned to me. That's the moment I moved to Mom stage, and my mother was in Grandma stage.

AW!! Reading that gave me goosebumps! What a special moment!
  • You know your a mom when u get to take a shower in peace wile dad watches Lil one. Just 10 min of you time
    Amee12Mama2littleB
  • When you are trying to take your first poop after birth. Constipated and all and LO wants to be nursed. Here i am...nursing while trying to have a bm
    Mama2littleBokieamy
  • When you wipe your LO's boogers with your bare hands like it's second nature.  ;)

Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Married: 05/14/2011

DS Was Born: 02/10/2013

EDD: 10/19/2015

• When you wipe your LO's boogers with your bare hands like it's second nature.  ;)

No time for tissues when you're a mama!
    ljburrelliLynnmarie94
  • When a baby's cry makes your heart skip a bit because all you want to do is make them happy...

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

imageimage

• Yup, I agree with when you're sitting on the toilet nursing a baby because you have the trots but you are home alone and he's hungry. Deep end of the pool!
    Married 2007
    3 Clomid IUIs -- BFNs
    IVF #1 never made it to transfer
    On "egg health" cocktail DHEA/CoQ10/FRC/Pregnitude/Melatonin
    Starting IVF #2 for Feb 2013
    Follistim/Menopur/Ganirelix
    Cancelled mid-cycle due to high P4 levels early on.
    OCPs again for IVF 2.5 mid-March. IVF 2.5 transferred two "gorgeous" 5-day blasts and BFFN. Even REI is baffled
    On indefinite hold until a huge stroke of serendipity led me to IVF 3 May 2014
    Testing found positive cardiolipins/APS, now on lovenox and intralipid infusions
    Transfer of 2 5-day blasts and (FINALLY) BFFP!! 1st ultrasound shows two sacs and two HB, but one is sluggish, almost expecting vanishing twin Subsequent ultrasound confirmed vanishing twin, but my other Little critter looks fantastic!
    "You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it."
    -- Margaret Thatcher

• When you're trying to figure out how to wipe your toddlers butt while pumping with one hand and nursing lo with the other
  • When you're trying to figure out how to wipe your toddlers butt while pumping with one hand and nursing lo with the other

Sounds like you're becoming a master multi-tasker :) 
  • When 5 minutes of free time is mind blowing.
  • When 5 minutes of free time is mind blowing.

Mini vacation for mama!
  • You know you're a mom when the laundry is everyday instead of once a week.
    ljburrelli
  • You know you're a mom when you have a pregnancy massage booked for 3 days post delivery, change it for a new mum massage,get halfway there, decide it's too soon to leave her and come home - but feel super proud that you at least got out of the house for half an hour on your own
  • You know you're a mom when you have a pregnancy massage booked for 3 days post delivery, change it for a new mum massage,get halfway there, decide it's too soon to leave her and come home - but feel super proud that you at least got out of the house for half an hour on your own

Aw!!!! When the time is right for that massage, you'll know! Baby steps :)
  • You know you are a mom when your breast tingle when it is time to nurse/pump.
    okieamysecretbabaaamari15