VBAC
Options

vbac after 2 c-sections: is it possible?

My husband and I are about to start trying for a baby (yay!) I have two children from a previous relationship and both were elective c-sections. I got pregnant with my first child when I was 17 and being a scared to death teenager I asked for a c-section at my first appointment. However when the day of the scheduled c-section finally came in October of 2007 I felt like I hadn't even been a part of my daughter's birth. I had my son by elective c-section in 2009 and the experience was equally terrible. My babies were rather large, my daughter was 9 lbs 2 oz and my son was 10 lbs 1 oz. I'm now 25 with 5 years since my last c-section and I'd really like to avoid another c-section if possible. However I'm also terrified of complications and of giving birth in general. I'd love to hear your stories! Any advice and insight is welcome! Thank you!

Re: vbac after 2 c-sections: is it possible?

• Options
    Also there were no complications with my previous pregnancies.
  • Options
    A vbac after 2 c sections is possible. That's what we will be shooting for with this baby. Because you have never delivered vaginally I do recommend finding a vbac friendly doctor or midwife and a vbac friendly hospital or birthing center. The longer it has been since the c sections the better. The way you where cut vertically or horizontally inside and on the outside matters. Also they shouldn't induce you ever because of the concern of rupture. There are many other factors that need to be researched and discussed with your provider. Do research your self there are many medical journals out there showing that vbac is recommended in most cases and is usually perfectly safe.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    It's totally possible.  I've had 1 successful vaginal birth followed by 2 c/s and switched providers for a chance at a VBA2C.

GSx1 - 05/13/2013
    GSx2 for T&B - EDD 6/21/2015 - They're having a GIRL!

babybaby
    BabyGaga
  • Options
    Totally possible. There are women who vba4c
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Would love to have VBA2C but having trouble finding VBAC-friendly at all. Just would like a less recovery time and more natural birthing experience this time.
  • Options
    Not only is it possible it's what is recommended by ACOG for most women.

• Options
    I have VBA2C. I had to agree to no inductions, although technically they did induce but only by breaking my water, no verbatim or pitocin. Continuous fetal monitoring. I had to have either an epidural or at least the catheter in so a c section could be done quickly if necessary. My doctor and I discussed the risks and benefits at length and I did not make my decision lightly. It was successful and I am planning on a vaginal delivery this time around as well.