2nd Trimester

FTM 15 w 5 days: Left leg keeps tingling and falling asleep also seeing black floaters. PLS ADVISE

Hey ladies,

I have a question.....the past 2 weeks my left leg keeps getting all tingly and falls asleep. If it were just happening when i was laying down it would make more sense. However, it happens when i am standing, sitting, or laying down. The top of my thigh sometimes goes almost completely numb while i am standing up cooking meals etc. I have not gained any weight yet and i am not overweight at all so it can't be that. I also have been seeing little black floaters in my field of vision through out the day. I have been diagnosed with hyperemesis but I have been doing well this week and keeping hydrated and food down and this stuff is still going on. I have a doctor appt in 2 weeks and am going to bring it up then but just wanted to ask you guys what you thought. Should i contact the doctor now or is it ok to wait until my appointment? Is there some thing at home i could be doing to make this better? Thanks in advance. 

Re: FTM 15 w 5 days: Left leg keeps tingling and falling asleep also seeing black floaters. PLS ADVISE

• Call your doctor.

• mkeipmkeip member
    ok is this connected to something serious?
  • Loading the player...
  • mkeip said:

How would we know? We are not doctors. It could be or it might not but anytime I have a true health related question I turn to the experts not random people on the internet.

• mkeip said:

It could be serious or it could be nothing. Your doctor would be your best bet for answers.
  • mkeipmkeip member
    bbiutmcph said:

mkeip said:

How would we know? We are not doctors. It could be or it might not but anytime I have a true health related question I turn to the experts not random people on the internet.
    I know that. I did call my doctor but was looking for additional anecdotal advice here....which is what this place is for. Calm down.
  • mkeip said:

bbiutmcph said:

mkeip said:

I know that. I did call my doctor but was looking for additional anecdotal advice here....which is what this place is for. Calm down.
    How am I not calm?

This is not a site for true medical advice. It would be of zero help to hear people tell you it's totally nothing or that they were sure it is fine when in reality it could be something serious. Anytime you are seeing floaters while pregnant warrants a call to a doctor. Other people experience does not mean it would be the same for you.

Also you stated that you had an appointment in two weeks and wondered if you should call now. Now you are saying you called.

• mkeip said:

Hey ladies,

I have a question.....the past 2 weeks my left leg keeps getting all tingly and falls asleep. If it were just happening when i was laying down it would make more sense. However, it happens when i am standing, sitting, or laying down. The top of my thigh sometimes goes almost completely numb while i am standing up cooking meals etc. I have not gained any weight yet and i am not overweight at all so it can't be that. I also have been seeing little black floaters in my field of vision through out the day. I have been diagnosed with hyperemesis but I have been doing well this week and keeping hydrated and food down and this stuff is still going on. I have a doctor appt in 2 weeks and am going to bring it up then but just wanted to ask you guys what you thought. Should i contact the doctor now or is it ok to wait until my appointment? Is there some thing at home i could be doing to make this better? Thanks in advance. 

• mkeip said:

bbiutmcph said:

mkeip said:

What did your doctor tell you, since you're asking for anecdotal advice on top of what you were told?

My own advice stays the same, speak to your doctor. It could be anything or nothing so anecdotes would only serve to drive you crazy with worry since everyone has different experiences.
  • Hi - I would suggest calling your doctor too. :) But I wouldn't be overly worried - it sounds like a pinched nerve (not a doctor, just have had this happen before). 

Good luck. 
  • I was going to say nerve also. Something I would want to talk to Dr about though is the black floaters for sure
  • I've had the same thing (the leg numbness) since 12 weeks and now I am at 23 weeks. My doctor said its how the baby is positioned but you may want to check with yours since you are having other symptoms

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Hey!!! I am here to give you peace! It is indeed a pinched nerve! If you go to a Chiro, he can help realign your spine to take the pressure of that nerve providing relief! I had suffered with a pinched nerve after a serious fall in cheerleading. I really experienced numbness and black floaters when I was pregnant with my first. A few Chiro visits later and no pain, tingles, or floaters!

Make sure that which ever Chiro you feel is best supports prenatal visits.

As for the rest of those who made her feel less than significant for asking, that is not what this site is for. If all you were going to say is see a doctor, then leave it at that. She is a FTM for crying out loud. Provide some comfort!
  • Hey!!! I am here to give you peace! It is indeed a pinched nerve! If you go to a Chiro, he can help realign your spine to take the pressure of that nerve providing relief! I had suffered with a pinched nerve after a serious fall in cheerleading. I really experienced numbness and black floaters when I was pregnant with my first. A few Chiro visits later and no pain, tingles, or floaters!

As for the rest of those who made her feel less than significant for asking, that is not what this site is for. If all you were going to say is see a doctor, then leave it at that. She is a FTM for crying out loud. Provide some comfort!

So what if she didn't have
    A pinch nerve? What if she was in preeclampsia because the symptoms can present the same. You just told her nothing to worry about when you have no medical background. This is why they say TALK TO YOUR DOCTOR. But I am glad you can medically diagnosis people you never met on a single anecdote on a random website. I'm sure you can make a lot of money that way :-q
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • mkeipmkeip member

Hey!!! I am here to give you peace! It is indeed a pinched nerve! If you go to a Chiro, he can help realign your spine to take the pressure of that nerve providing relief! I had suffered with a pinched nerve after a serious fall in cheerleading. I really experienced numbness and black floaters when I was pregnant with my first. A few Chiro visits later and no pain, tingles, or floaters!

Thank you for this.  Turns out it was just how the baby was positioned and it is a pinched nerve and the floaters are because im a bit dehydrated still from dealing with hyperemesis. Im glad to know what some of the scenarios could be before going to the doctor. 
  • I am actually an eye doctor and I would highly suggest seeing an eye care professional ASAP for any black floaters. Your OB or pcp cannot possibly know that floaters are normal without a thorough examination and dilation of the eye to rule out retinal problems. Good luck.
    Me: 37, DH: 38: ttc 7 years, dx: unknown
    10/11: after 2 years, saw a RE, FSH 5.4
    11/11: BFP! (surprise after thyroid & normal hsg),
    12/11: missed m/c after 7 week u/s, 1/12: D&C
    6/12 IUI#1-IUI #3: clomid = BFP!, C/P
    IVF #1(10/12) FSH 5.4, AFC: 16 long Lupron, 5R/5M/4F, all 4 made it to 5dt, 1 blast/1-8 cell transferred=BFN
    IVF #2(12/12)AFC 21, MD lupron, 4R/4M/3F, 5dt of 1 blast and 2-8cell. BFN.
    IVF#3(4/13) Natural start antagon protocol, 12R,11F. one PGS normal at day 6 transfer. BFN.
    IVF#4 (11/13) C.CRM (ODW.U normal 8/13 Still no Diagnosis) EPP/antagonist. ER 13R/7M/6F. Only 1 made it to freeze. Abnormal. Looking into options of DE, Fresh vs frozen.
    10/14 new local RE to look into what's next. CD3 FSH 4.7, AMH 0.9. Met with DE agencies and exploring options for feb/march 2015.
    Surprise natural bfp (4 days before donor is signed). Beta #1 at 9dpo: 51.8, 2nd beta: 195 (25 hours doubling) @11dpo. 3rd beta (12/15): 516 (35 hrs doubling) 4th beta(12/17): 895 (58 hours doubling) 5th beta(12/19): 2120. U/S at 5w0d(12/22): one gestational sac with yolk sac. U/S #2 (6w0d)12/29. One little bean measuring 6w0d with HR 124. 3rd u/s(1/4)7w0d: baby measuring 7w2d. HR 134. 3/30: A/S at MFM went great except for low lying placenta. Verifi results are normal! Team Blue! Please send any positive thoughts our way! EDD:8/24/2015
    Baby Will born 8/18. He's perfect.

I'm sorry, do you have credentials? You do not know enough to say definitively that you know her problem. That's not providing comfort, you are a random person with no credentials who is attempting to diagnose her issue. That's is ridiculously unwise. Being a FTM doesn't suddenly make you unable to call a doctor.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"