3rd Trimester
Options

Officially overdue.. Now what?

So I'm officially overdue.. I feel like every super pregnant mom to be at this point. The thing is im now getting bored... I've tried everything under the sun to naturally induce but I've given up and just going to wait. But now idk what to do with myself.. What do you or did you do to keep your mind busy?

Re: Officially overdue.. Now what?

• Options
    Seriously, enjoy the last bit of boredom you'll have for a while. I cherish the moments where I don't have anyone to feed or change or clothes to wash or toys to pick up.
  • Options
    Uh, sit back and relax. You will definitely have a baby within the next two weeks -- you won't be pregnant forever. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Overdue like past 42 weeks? If you are between that and 40 weeks you are just "due". It will happen sometime soon!
  • Options
    You wait until baby is ready :-??
    @CatsAreShady, you are so wise. It's like you've been here for so long! ;)
  • Options

You wait until baby is ready :-??
    @CatsAreShady, you are so wise. It's like you've been here for so long! ;)

@Amstreagle‌ why thank you! It's like I was here in a past life ;)
  • Options
    I cleaned the appartment. Again. And cooked some more freezer meals. And watched movies on Netflix. And took long walks.

There's really nothing you can do but wait. I know it's mentally challenging to wait, but try to do something you enjoy. Have a planned activity for each day to kill the boredom. Also, if you are able to sleep, do it!
  • Options
    Preparing food is a good idea.  Can't tell you how many nights I wish we had something to just throw in the oven or crock pot.
  • Options
    Go out to eat and to the movies! You probably won't do that for a while.... :)
    S- March 09 E- Feb 12 L- May 15

• Options
    im also overdue, my due date was sunday but my cervix is still stuck at 2 cm and i have tried everything under the sun to get my liitle one out! I wish I had all this time to wait on baby but unfortunately my bills dont stop and I cant get my short term disability until baby comes. Have any of you tried anything that has worked for any of you?? 
  • Options

im also overdue, my due date was sunday but my cervix is still stuck at 2 cm and i have tried everything under the sun to get my liitle one out! I wish I had all this time to wait on baby but unfortunately my bills dont stop and I cant get my short term disability until baby comes. Have any of you tried anything that has worked for any of you?? 

There are several "tips" on how to induce labor but I doubt that anyone here would recommend doing so. I know that real life can suck at times and things need to get done, however the only thing you can do is wait for baby to be ready unless your doctor is talking about an induction. Unfortunately babies don't care about deadlines and such.
  • Options
    sslager said:

So I'm officially overdue.. I feel like every super pregnant mom to be at this point. The thing is im now getting bored... I've tried everything under the sun to naturally induce but I've given up and just going to wait. But now idk what to do with myself.. What do you or did you do to keep your mind busy?

Nothing. I indulged in reading & trashy TV when I wasn't chasing my toddler. Really-- savor doing absolutely nothing.

Take long showers. Take a dump in peace. Eat your food warm & your coffee hot.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"