Success after IF

3/23 New momma check-in

Good morning fellow mommas! 

*Sorry this is late and for lack of personal updates, moving check-ins to Monday.  I've been swamped, have an exam today and also taking care of a 11 week old lol.  I'll do my update later :) 

This is the fourth week of our new check-in for mommas on this board
that just want to feel connected, bond, and connect with each other on a
weekly basis!  Check-ins will be on Mondays.   

This week, just talk about whatever is on your minds. 
Life...family...work...school....bitching...whatever!  Can be just a
simple update or just checking in to say hi  

QOTW:
Easter is just around the corner, any plans?  We just celebrated yesterday, it was a good time, took some cute pictures of baby in her Easter dress! 

@mrs.AmyDylan
@CWhitaker27 

@hopeby2015 
@CarrieB.
@Mayzie15
@mnj05   
@Maladroit  
@starlightgator  : Big giant hugs.  I hope the service went well for miss Fiona.  Lots of prayers and thoughts your way. 
@kfdecarie

Me:
30, DH: 32
My hx:  uterus/hormones normal Dx: low AMH 0.5 = poor ovarian reserve
hubby hx: low sperm count, poor motility, started on clomid, retest in May showed no improvement, will be on clomid another 3 months, another retest scheduled for August

Started IVF #1:  ~BFP Mentioned~
  • ER (Thursday April 17th, 3 precious eggs).
  • April 18th: Received news 2 out of 3 eggs fertilized!
  •  Planned 3dt: Easter day, transferred two 8B embryos and received pictures :)
  • BFP starting 8dp3dt 5/1 Beta #1: 87, 5/3 Beta #2 206 
  • 5/19 Heartbeat 123bpm
  • EDD 1/8/15

Re: 3/23 New momma check-in

• For the QOTW: no plans.  By some miracle, I'm not working!  If I had to guess, my MIL will be on her way.  We have home inspections and packing to do for our move.  Work has been so stressful that I just want to come home, have a glass of wine (or scotch), take a long bath, and sleep for the next day. I'm having some severe burnout and compassion fatigue.
    Egg Retrieval - Feb. 2013 -> OHSS.  FET#1 - June 2013(failed). FET#2 - October 2013(success!) Griffin Alistair: 6#10oz 20" long, born 6/19/14 @ 4:04am
  • mnj05mnj05 member
    I failed my one hour glucose test so I'll be doing the three hour tomorrow. H is still aggressive but can be so sweet afterwards. I have 48 more days until summer break!! I'm all over the place today, sorry!

QOTW - we are going home for Easter to my grandmothers like we do every year. We'll have lunch and an egg hunt for the little kids.

imagePhotobucket

TTC #1 since 3/2011
    DX: anovulatory and severe MFI
    DH is a testicular cancer survivor
    IVF#1 w/ICSI lupron, gonal f, ovidrel
    ER 6/15/12 6R 6M 6F! ET 6/20/12
    Beta #1: 154 Beta #2: 509 Beta #3: 7326
    Baby Boy born 3/1/2013
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC#2: 6/2014 all testing came back normal

IVF#2 (#1 for LO#2) 9/2014 - 17R 10M 10F 4 blasts frozen on day 6.

FET #1 10/15/14 - Beta #1: 216  Beta #2: 823

Baby Boy born 7/10/2015

• Loading the player...
  • dp21dp21 member
    @Maladroit good luck with the new house!  Sorry to hear about work, I was like that on my adult floor.  Severe burnout.  My peds floor is way better, but back in school because hospital schedule is not great long term (holidays/every other weekend/you know). Pray that you get mandated off if scheduled to work Easter :P  What type of unit are you on?  I'm GI/Liver/preemie babies/peds surg/pulmonary lol. 

@mnj05 Egg hunt sounds like so much fun!  Can't wait till my LO is big enough.  GL on glucose test.  Did the doctor say anything more about your LO's behavior?  I feel like it can be normal.  As a peds nurse, I also see kids regress while in the hospital when sick. 

AFM, this week has been so busy.  I had an exam last night, I did well :)  Easter this past weekend, lots of homework, and we met with a new financial adviser.  We were hoping to set up college funds for our LO but basically told us we probably should be saving more for retirement.  Said, you can always finance education but not your retirement.  So we need to figure out how much education we want to fund etc.  It probably won't be 100%, maybe 50% and put more into retirement.  My LO has a playdate today and tomorrow. Excited to have a little bit of fun :) 

Me:
    hubby hx: low sperm count, poor motility, started on clomid, retest in May showed no improvement, will be on clomid another 3 months, another retest scheduled for August

• 5/19 Heartbeat 123bpm
    • EDD 1/8/15

• mnj05mnj05 member
    @dp21 - the behavior is likely normal. He got bit real hard yesterday at daycare, like full mouth of teeth marks left on him and they're still visible today. He tried to take a toy from an older kid and the kid retaliated. As much as I don't like seeing him hurt, I hope it helps him learn that being aggressive is not the way to go.

imagePhotobucket

TTC #1 since 3/2011
    Baby Boy born 3/1/2013

Baby Boy born 7/10/2015

• dp21dp21 member
    @mnj05 I have heard about biting at daycare.  Apparently my niece and her cohort of friends are all biters!  My MIL was telling me about it.  She is two. 

Me:

• 5/19 Heartbeat 123bpm
    • EDD 1/8/15

• mnj05mnj05 member
    It happens! H used to be the recipient of bites, learned to be the giver of the bites, and now seems to do a little of both. Most of his biting was due to teething though and since we're past all of that (except for two more molars), he's almost completely stopped. They all outgrow it at some point but it's embarrassing to be that parent with that child.

imagePhotobucket

TTC #1 since 3/2011
    Baby Boy born 3/1/2013

Baby Boy born 7/10/2015

• It has been a tough week. DH left Monday morning for a work trip. He will finally get home Friday afternoon. He travels probably a dozen or so times a year, but usually Tuesday-Thursday.

J has been in a new phase where once a week she refuses to nap. She is happy and whatnot, but I'm 7w and I've been napping every afternoon when she goes down. This new schedule is killing me. This week it was Wednesday. We walked around the zoo for FIVE hours. I was ready to drop and she was "not sleepy mama". 

Qotw: the moms group I'm part of is doing a spring party/egg hunt this Saturday. I'm helping organize the church Easter brunch. 
    TTC Since 3/2010
    Me-36, Unexplained Infertility, DH-35, all clear
    Clomid 50mg 12/2011 = BFN
    Clomid 100mg 1/2012 = BFN, with Cyst
    IVF #1 Lupron/Menopur/Gonal-f/HCG Trigger
    ER 4/19/12 = 11 retrieved, 6 fertilized,
    ET 4/22/12 = 2 transfered (day 3), remaining 3 weren't good enough to freeze
    Beta 5/3 = BFP, 87 Beta #2 5/7 560.9 Beta #3 5/9 1376.5 First u/s One Baby, 125bpm!
    Second u/s, 176bmp! Kicked over to the OB by the RE at 8w. Team Green!! 
    Baby girl J arrived two weeks early! Born into water, med-free. Hooray for Team Pink!

TTC #2 - back to the RE, treatment started 12/2014. 

• @dp21 I'm on a Cardio/Pulm Peds floor with ortho, Allergy/Pulm, Med-Psych, and gen peds.  So far the house stuff is going well and we finish up inspections tomorrow.  BTW, I had NO idea that realtors take SO MUCH (8%, really?!?!).  LO had been having fevers earlier in the week and had a febrile seizure on Tuesday :( He almost got admitted to my floor (on one of my 2 days off this week).  I'm ready for Tuesday morning already.
    Egg Retrieval - Feb. 2013 -> OHSS.  FET#1 - June 2013(failed). FET#2 - October 2013(success!) Griffin Alistair: 6#10oz 20" long, born 6/19/14 @ 4:04am
  • I'm trying to get ready for a trip to NY next weekTuesday for work that is supposed to be fun, but it's just stressing me out. I ended up with an ocular migraine yesterday and then I was up a few times with my 16 mos who's coming down with another cold. Please let this winter of germs and sickness be over!!!

QOTW: we'll do a mini egg hunt at our house and I'm buying the girls disney babies for Easter. Then we'll go to my parents' house for brunch. I get Good Friday off (stock market holiday) so it'll be nice to have a long weekend.
    IVF, acupuncture, meditation and a miracle. 

Our sweet Valentine's Day FET.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"