May 2015 Moms
Options

Jealous of big ol baby bellies!

Im so jealous of everyone's big baby bumps ! im 31 weeks and nobody believes me, deffinately have a small baby bump . anyone else have little baby bumps threw whole pregnancy?

Re: Jealous of big ol baby bellies!

• Options
    catmentzer21catmentzer21 member
    edited March 2015
    I had a very small bump (people thought I was just getting chunky) until this week(33 weeks. I feel you. No one believed I was pregnant and then when I told them just how far along I was they really did not believe me. Now this week my belly is huge and my back hurts more then ever lol
  • Options
    EVERY time someone says oh how far are you ? and I'll tell them and they get wide eyed and jaws drop and they say really ?! to me it looks like my friends belly is bigger then mine and she's only 20 weeks!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have the opposite problem as well! Since i was 20 weeks people have been asking if i was sure i wasn't having twins. Now at 33 weeks being 5 foot nothing, I'm miserable. Back pain that kills. Dont be jealous, its not much fun to learn to waddle.
  • Options
    I'm 5'2 as well. not really complaining because I knew if I was bigger I'd complain bout being uncomfortable :p but bigger bellies are just so adorable . I'll attach a picture of mine
  • Options
    31 weeks
  • Options
    Also makes me feel like my baby is really small . I over think to much :p
  • Options
    I have the same problem I'm 5'1 and was in great shape before I got prego. Everyone thinks I'm fat or something and I'm already 30wks. At my job there is another girl that's pregnant she's 22 wks but is way bigger then me . I feel like my baby is going to be small she's weighing 3.5 lbs
  • Options
    My docor hasn't told me how much baby weighs, I haven't had an ultrasound since gender reveal . so just waiting to have another one . everyone including family thinking my baby will be very small . which is frightening to me just a little
  • Options
    doctor * stupid auto correct
  • Options
    You shouldn't worry or listen to what ppl say you could be all baby. I had small baby & my belly was huge from my first daughter . With this baby I look small but my baby is measuring at 68 percentile just wait until you get your US ;)
  • Options
    30weeks 4days
  • Options
    People couldn't even tell I was pregnant til 30 weeks... 33 now and people only just realising.

I don't understand the jealousy - this board is full of people complaining about how uncomfortable they are. If baby is healthy, I'm happy no matter what I look like.

Perhaps I'm just grumpy because it's Tuesday, but that's my two pennies worth!
  • Options
    I'm 5'4" and 120 when I got pregnant. I'm 144 now and my ass has grown more than my belly...lol Thank God I have boobs now or I'd look like i'm hiding floaties in my pants instead of being pregnant.

I'm glad i'm small. I eat like a starved pig all day long. People even encourage me to have more food for the baby when I eat out with them. I would rather have that than people saying I shouldn't be eating things.

At 29w2d baby is a healthy size and we're both doing awesome. Those poor girls can have their huge bellies. I'll gladly keep my little pooch.
  • Options
    I dealing with the opposite as well ;) I'm 30 weeks but people keep asking me: "oh so any day now, right?" and they of course feel a little weird when I tell them I still have two months to go... I've gotten the "are you sure there is only one in there" question too. It doesn't really bother me, but I do wonder how much more I will grow :/
  • Options
    DMELDMEL member
    Small bellies unite!!

I've gotten "small belly" or "skinny shamed" throughout my pregnancy LOL some nasty women like to point out constantly that im small and roll their eyes. They say "ugh you don't even look pregnant from behind, lucky bitch" Sorry- I can't help the way my body is carrying this baby. I'm tall so I look smaller right now, big whoop! Every pregnant body is beautiful, I don't get making people feel bad about looking a certain way!!
  • Options
    edited March 2015

I have the opposite problem. I am only 5'2" and there is no where for this baby to grow but OUT. My belly feels huge and I still have 8 weeks to go. People keep asking if I'm sure I'm due in May!!!

I honestly can't imagine myself getting bigger than I already am, but I know baby still has a lot of growing to do. I'm so uncomfortable already, I don't know how the next 2 months will go. But it will all be worth it when I hold this LO.

This is SO me.! But I'm only 31 weeks as of today. I don't know how much more room my body can make for her. DH, his brother, and his nephew were all over 9 pounds. &what's funny is I have a follow up ultrasound next week to make sure she's still growing because my PAPP-A was low in week 13. I'm thinking she'll be ok (; lol

I was 115 pounds before pregnancy and I'm already at 144. And I can still fit into my pre-pregnancy jeans, some just don't like to button. But that being said, almost 30 pounds all gained pretty much in my belly.

• Options
    I
    DMEL said:

Small bellies unite!!

I've gotten "small belly" or "skinny shamed" throughout my pregnancy LOL some nasty women like to point out constantly that im small and roll their eyes. They say "ugh you don't even look pregnant from behind, lucky bitch" Sorry- I can't help the way my body is carrying this baby. I'm tall so I look smaller right now, big whoop! Every pregnant body is beautiful, I don't get making people feel bad about looking a certain way!!

Ugh. Agreed with the skinny shaming. Im not really jealous of big bellies as mine has gotten much bigger and is now REALLY uncomfortable and I'm like come on may 7th lol I just couldn't wait to actually look pregnant so ppl could stop being mean to me :(. All my friends and family are like "ur belly is huuuuge!" While strangers are like "u look so tiny!" I actually had a woman at my job and i complimented her baby girl and said i was having one too when i was almost 20 weeks freak out on me and start grilling me "what? Are u serious? How much does ur baby weigh? How much weught have u gained? When are u due? Etc" I'm like "idk my dr doesn't do ultrasound until 20 weeks but she's not concerned so neither am i" and she rolls her eyes "well at least u won't have problems losing the baby weight and storms off." Now at almost 33 weeks i definitely look pregnant I just blew up at 31 weeks ha and ppl are still like "u look so small for 8 months. I was WAY bigger. Ur baby is going to be tiny" i just wish ppl would refrain from commenting on a woman's size especially while pregnant and u don't know her. Rude rude rude.
  • Options
    Same here big big belly! But so getting ready to feel normal again.
  • Options
    Be thankful for a tiny bump! Seriously! My back hurts so bad because I am twice the size I was with DD1. I surpassed my first bump at 27weeks with this one!!! I was as big as I was at 40 weeks with DD1. Tiny bump, better back lol

imageimage

BabyFruit Ticker 

• Options
    @SassFrass I guess I should be thankful huh :p I have a touch of scoliosis and being pregnant doesn't help so I do feel back pain but if I was bigger im sure it would be worse! just hate when people say you don't even look pregnant or you don't look this far along . but for my own comfort I should be thanking my body ! lol
  • Options
    both sides have their pros and cons lol, I always get, holy cow are you going to make it to May?! uh, yeah why wouldnt I lol 

imageimage

BabyFruit Ticker 

• Options
    lol ! just waiting for the day I blow up over night . im sure I'll regret saying I want a big belly then :D
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"