Success after IF

3/14 Momma-Checkin

Good morning fellow mommas! 

This is the third week of our new check-in for mommas on this board
that just want to feel connected, bond, and connect with each other on a
weekly basis!  Check-ins will be on Saturdays.   

This
week, just talk about whatever is on your minds. 
Life...family...work...school....bitching...whatever!  Can be just a
simple update or just checking in to say hi  

QOTW: Since spring is just around the corner, what do you look forward to with warmer weather?  For those of you with warm weather all the time (jealous :P), what is your favorite outdoor activity? 

@mrs.AmyDylan Woohoo congrats! 
@CWhitaker27  Crawling, that's great!  I can't wait for my little one to get more interactive.  She started smiling at things we do and I love it. 
@hopeby2015 Did you have your first day of work?  How did it go? 
@CarrieB. Hope you are feeling better! 
@Mayzie15 How was American Sniper?
@mnj05  My friend just had a baby and has a toddler.  She just invested in this massive diaper bag, like double the size lol.   
@Maladroit  
@starlightgator  How are you doing momma?  How are the LOs? 

Me:
30, DH: 32
My hx:  uterus/hormones normal Dx: low AMH 0.5 = poor ovarian reserve
hubby hx: low sperm count, poor motility, started on clomid, retest in May showed no improvement, will be on clomid another 3 months, another retest scheduled for August

Started IVF #1:  ~BFP Mentioned~
  • ER (Thursday April 17th, 3 precious eggs).
  • April 18th: Received news 2 out of 3 eggs fertilized!
  •  Planned 3dt: Easter day, transferred two 8B embryos and received pictures :)
  • BFP starting 8dp3dt 5/1 Beta #1: 87, 5/3 Beta #2 206 
  • 5/19 Heartbeat 123bpm
  • EDD 1/8/15

Re: 3/14 Momma-Checkin

• dp21dp21 member
    Hello mommas,

Can't believe I'm down to 4 weeks left of my 16 week maternity leave (took 2 weeks off before baby arrived).  So last week I shared that I started my milk stash, feeding, pumping, scalding, and freezing.  It is a chore but I'm getting the hang of it and it's not as scary any more.  My supply has been going up in the morning :)  Scalding adds another 10 minutes or so onto the routine.  I just got my work schedule for next month eek!  It is real!  Luckily, I'm going back at only 20 hours but I also have grad school too.  So it will be busy.

My LO got her 2 month shots yesterday afternoon, and we had a hell of an evening/night.  I think her legs were hurting from the 3 shots they gave her.  So we gave her 2 doses of tylenol, did lots of long nursing sessions, and daddy did lots of cuddling.  I have never seen her cry like she did and I started to cry.  It was breaking my heart to see her hurt. 

We have also been struggling with the bottle.  Practicing for return to work.  My friend loaned me some bottles that I just sterilized and I think breastflow works the best but she still hates it.  She barely takes any and pretty much skips a meal or eats half a meal at that time.  The doc said not to worry and when I'm gone 8 hours she will give in when she is hungry enough.   It is just very frustrating.  Hubby gets more easily frustrated, tried the thing where I leave etc.  But I have better bottle skills than him, from working with preeemies, so I usually end up trying to feed her. 

Me:
    hubby hx: low sperm count, poor motility, started on clomid, retest in May showed no improvement, will be on clomid another 3 months, another retest scheduled for August

• 5/19 Heartbeat 123bpm
    • EDD 1/8/15

• dp21dp21 member
    Forgot QOTW:  So it's finally warmer in the midwest, took baby out for first walk around the neighborhood.  I think stroller walks are going to be my new favorite thing!  A couple of moms I'm friends with want to start a stroller walking group.  I think I'm down for it :)  Maybe I just love it right now after being cooped up in the house with a January baby lol. 

Me:

• 5/19 Heartbeat 123bpm
    • EDD 1/8/15

• Loading the player...
  • mnj05mnj05 member
    Hit the viability day milestone yesterday along with our 5 year anniversary. We didn't do much to celebrate but may tomorrow. H is working on getting his third ear infection since January, which also marked a year since tubes. Looks like we're heading for another set of tubes and having his adenoids removed before baby brother gets here.

I am officially on spring break for work and very much need this break. My insanity is tested daily.

QOTW: southern girl here so we do outside things a lot. Our favorites are sidewalk chalk on the driveway, small swimming pool, bubbles, walks, parks, zoo on the weekends, fishing trips to area lakes/rivers. July and August get way too hot so we stick to water activities and drawing with chalk for a few minutes.

imagePhotobucket

TTC #1 since 3/2011
    DX: anovulatory and severe MFI
    DH is a testicular cancer survivor
    IVF#1 w/ICSI lupron, gonal f, ovidrel
    ER 6/15/12 6R 6M 6F! ET 6/20/12
    Beta #1: 154 Beta #2: 509 Beta #3: 7326
    Baby Boy born 3/1/2013
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC#2: 6/2014 all testing came back normal

IVF#2 (#1 for LO#2) 9/2014 - 17R 10M 10F 4 blasts frozen on day 6.

FET #1 10/15/14 - Beta #1: 216  Beta #2: 823

Baby Boy born 7/10/2015

• Hola mamas! Third beta came back at 2233! The first u/s is scheduled for Friday (3/20). I will be 6w1d, so hoping to hear the heartbeat! 

I have a touch of a sore throat and I'm absolutely beat. DH had a race this morning and he still isn't back (it is 2:30 here). I've had J all day and despite her cough and snotty nose (a bit much for the children's museum which was my plan for today) she is rocket fueled. I've been dragging all day and I can't wait to hand off parenting to DH for the rest of the day. 

Qotw: it has been warm all winter with the exception of about two weeks. We do the zoo, parks, playgrounds, water table, walks, and J had gotten into her "bike" (tricycle). 

TTC Since 3/2010
    Me-36, Unexplained Infertility, DH-35, all clear
    Clomid 50mg 12/2011 = BFN
    Clomid 100mg 1/2012 = BFN, with Cyst
    IVF #1 Lupron/Menopur/Gonal-f/HCG Trigger
    ER 4/19/12 = 11 retrieved, 6 fertilized,
    ET 4/22/12 = 2 transfered (day 3), remaining 3 weren't good enough to freeze
    Beta 5/3 = BFP, 87 Beta #2 5/7 560.9 Beta #3 5/9 1376.5 First u/s One Baby, 125bpm!
    Second u/s, 176bmp! Kicked over to the OB by the RE at 8w. Team Green!! 
    Baby girl J arrived two weeks early! Born into water, med-free. Hooray for Team Pink!

TTC #2 - back to the RE, treatment started 12/2014. 

• mnj05mnj05 member
    Feel better @Mrs.AmyDylan!

imagePhotobucket

TTC #1 since 3/2011
    Baby Boy born 3/1/2013

Baby Boy born 7/10/2015

• @dp21 good luck with the bottle! I really hope your LO decides to be easy and take the bottle before you go back. I have a friend who's LO never took the bottle and had to go straight to a sippy cup at 4 months. Hope LO is feeling better today. Sucky crabby babies are no fun.

@mnj05 congrats on VD!! what do you do for a living again? I forget.

@mrs.amydylan holy whopping beta, that's great!

Last week at work one of the docs I work with motioned to my belly and asked if I had an "oopsie" #3, inferring I looked pregnant again. I looked at him with the biggest stink eye and said "no, it's just fat, I haven't lost the weight since I had DD". He was basically dumbfounded and shut up immediately. This hit me on all levels of hurt. 1. I know I still have about 15lbs of pregnancy weight to lose. 2. For us IFers an "oopsie" is just a frickin joke, if only he knew the heartache of cycling month after month and all the hardship I went through to get my babies.

Although this comment was horrible it drove me to start a healthy eating diet and cut out all sugars except natural ones and watch my calories. I'm proud to say my first week I lost 5.5lbs. I hope I can keep up with it!

QOTD: I live in CA and it's been crazy warm and dry here and I'm super freaked about our horrible drought.....
    But we usually take family walks around the park, have picnics at the park and head to the beach when we can. DS loves our giant bubble wand and gardening. Last week we just planted some seeds and started our garden.
    image DS 7.6.2011 TTC#2
  • mnj05mnj05 member
    @Cwhitaker27 - I am a teacher!

imagePhotobucket

TTC #1 since 3/2011
    Baby Boy born 3/1/2013

Baby Boy born 7/10/2015

• mnj05 said:

@Cwhitaker27 - I am a teacher!

What grade?

image DS 7.6.2011 TTC#2
  • mnj05mnj05 member
    6th grade, math.

imagePhotobucket

TTC #1 since 3/2011
    Baby Boy born 3/1/2013

Baby Boy born 7/10/2015

• mnj05 said:

6th grade, math.

Oh man, you're brave! Hope you have a great spring break. I'm sure it's much deserved.
    image DS 7.6.2011 TTC#2
  • Hey ladies.  So, we put our house on the market (in favor of a smaller house with less yard work and upkeep - house was over 100 years old)...we expected a month or two on the market and it sold in less than 48 hours at list price *shocked* so now we are scrambling to put an offer in on a house we like. To top things off, I'm working almost 80 hours this week - night shift.  I might be calling in sick one day and hoping to get low-censused another to stay sane.  I'm not even considering myself a part of society until April with my work schedule right now. 

What I'm most looking forward to is grilling out, opening the windows, going for walks, and absorbing sunshine!  I'm so excited!  We took Griffy to the park a couple of times already and it's going to be so much fun watching him learn about life outside of the house, lol.  He loves the swings and swimming, it'll be a fun summer, I can already tell.

Egg Retrieval - Feb. 2013 -> OHSS.  FET#1 - June 2013(failed). FET#2 - October 2013(success!) Griffin Alistair: 6#10oz 20" long, born 6/19/14 @ 4:04am
  • Knock on wood that everyone seems to be healthy this week, so that's a plus. DD2 actually slept through the night for the past two nights and DD1 stayed in her bed, so that's amazing! They are 3 and 16 months, so I've been running on low sleep for a long time now.
    QOTW: I just renewed our zoo membership yesterday. We didn't go much last year since DD2 needed to take morning naps. I love going on Sunday mornings when it's quiet and getting a nice walk with the kids. I'm also looking forward to the farmers market. DH has been taking them to the park during the day again. Maybe the fresh air is helping them sleep!!
    IVF, acupuncture, meditation and a miracle. 

Our sweet Valentine's Day FET.

• Hi ladies - I'm a little late to respond. My 18 month old is having a really hard time with being a big brother to my 6 week old son. He has terrible meltdowns and is so angry :(. I was keeping him home with me 3 days a week and sending him to daycare 2 days a week. Last week we changed and he goes to daycare 3 days a week and home with me 2 - it's hard on me but he's doing better and seems happier. He really regressed - he stopped talking, started crawling, wanted his brother's bottles, he was doing well at potty training and that went out the window. I've definitely had guilt and feel bad that I did this to my son and I just wanted to give him a sibling. I've googled some of the signs and autism came up quite a bit and said that boys are more prone and that around 18 months is when you see signs - so now I'm terrified and analyze everything my son does - it's been a hard couple of weeks. Thanks for listening...

QOTW - we are in northern CA and the weather has been warm. We go to children's museums, beaches, parks, etc.

Me 38 MH 41 - TTC since June 2010 - dx with Severe MFI. Straight to IVF with ICSI. IVF #1 - ER 06/13/12 - 9 Eggs Retrieved - 4 ICSI'd - only 2 fert. 06/15/12 - 2DT - 3 cell & 6 cell with fragmentation. Beta 06/29/12 - IVF #1 = BFN. 07/20/12 - WTF Appt -Told by our RE to quit IVF. Second Opinion from RE is good. IVF#2 - November 2012. Estradiol Pills Started 11/6. Stims start 11/16. ER 11/26 - 7 eggs retrieved - all mature. 4 fertilized with ICSI. ET 11/29 Transferred 3 embryos. Beta is 12/10. 1st Beta 81 2nd Beta 160 and 3rd beta 360!!! First U/S 12/21/12 - We saw one beautiful gest. sac. 2nd U/S is 01/04/2013 - H/B 183 02/05/13 - NT Scan - everything looks good and IT'S A BOY!  Aiden was born 08/20/2013.

IVF #2 is in progress.  ER was 05/12/14 - 11 eggs retrieved, 8 fertilized with ICSI.  ET was 05/15/14 - we transferred 3 embryos as we did on the cycle my son was conceived.  We were able to freeze 3 embryos. Beta is scheduled for 05/26/14.  1st beta - 111.  2nd beta - 159 didn't double :( 3rd beta Friday 5/30) - not a lot of hope left. Beta # 3 is 247 - probably ectopic.  Beta # 4 is 813 - possibly vanishing multiple sydrome?  06/05/14 - 5w4days - first U/S - we see a gestational sac and yolk - still have hope!  06/17/14 - 7w1day - U/S and saw and heard the heartbeat - Finally!  06/27/14 - 8w4days - Baby and heartbeat look and sound great :)  EDD 02/01/14 and It's a boy!

"Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, it's not the end."

BabyFruit Ticker

• mnj05mnj05 member
    @Mayzie15 - I'm so sorry your son is having a hard time. I'm afraid of this too. Maybe being at daycare regularly will help bring him back to where he was with his communication and other milestones he was reaching. Although some signs of autism can present themselves that early, most do not become clear until age 3. Hopefully none of that is going on and he's just adjusting. Sending hugs, I imagine that's got to be so hard!

imagePhotobucket

TTC #1 since 3/2011
    Baby Boy born 3/1/2013

Baby Boy born 7/10/2015

• dp21dp21 member
    @mnj05 I work with kiddos who get their adenoids removed and they do great.  I guess better to get it done before baby comes.  Congrats on your 5 year anniversary and v-day! 

@Mrs.AmyDylan Feel better! 

@CWhitaker27 Can't believe he said that to you!  I'm sure he will never do it again! 

@Maladroit What do you do for a living?  Congrats on selling the house, hope you find something fast! 

@CarrieB. I love farmers markets!  Can't wait to take our LO! 

@Mayzie15 I think it's perfectly normal for a sibling to act out.  He might not like having a sibling right now but he will.  He just can't appreciate it right now.  Hang in there momma!  Glad you put him in daycare to give yourself a break.

Jealous most of you live in warm weather places! 

Me:

• 5/19 Heartbeat 123bpm
    • EDD 1/8/15

• @Mayzie15 I wouldn't worry so much about the regression. I think that it's really normal. Our kids are 2 1/2 years a part and when I went back to work from maternity leave our big girl just fell a part. Potty training went out the window, she was having bad dreams, wouldn't sleep through the night. Crying a lot. It was a mess. But eventually we all got back on track. :::hugs:::
    IVF, acupuncture, meditation and a miracle. 

Our sweet Valentine's Day FET.

• Thank you for all your thoughts - my pediatrician has my filling out paperwork to have him evaluated for autism. I really hope he's just struggling with being a big brother.

Me 38 MH 41 - TTC since June 2010 - dx with Severe MFI. Straight to IVF with ICSI. IVF #1 - ER 06/13/12 - 9 Eggs Retrieved - 4 ICSI'd - only 2 fert. 06/15/12 - 2DT - 3 cell & 6 cell with fragmentation. Beta 06/29/12 - IVF #1 = BFN. 07/20/12 - WTF Appt -Told by our RE to quit IVF. Second Opinion from RE is good. IVF#2 - November 2012. Estradiol Pills Started 11/6. Stims start 11/16. ER 11/26 - 7 eggs retrieved - all mature. 4 fertilized with ICSI. ET 11/29 Transferred 3 embryos. Beta is 12/10. 1st Beta 81 2nd Beta 160 and 3rd beta 360!!! First U/S 12/21/12 - We saw one beautiful gest. sac. 2nd U/S is 01/04/2013 - H/B 183 02/05/13 - NT Scan - everything looks good and IT'S A BOY!  Aiden was born 08/20/2013.

IVF #2 is in progress.  ER was 05/12/14 - 11 eggs retrieved, 8 fertilized with ICSI.  ET was 05/15/14 - we transferred 3 embryos as we did on the cycle my son was conceived.  We were able to freeze 3 embryos. Beta is scheduled for 05/26/14.  1st beta - 111.  2nd beta - 159 didn't double :( 3rd beta Friday 5/30) - not a lot of hope left. Beta # 3 is 247 - probably ectopic.  Beta # 4 is 813 - possibly vanishing multiple sydrome?  06/05/14 - 5w4days - first U/S - we see a gestational sac and yolk - still have hope!  06/17/14 - 7w1day - U/S and saw and heard the heartbeat - Finally!  06/27/14 - 8w4days - Baby and heartbeat look and sound great :)  EDD 02/01/14 and It's a boy!

"Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, it's not the end."

BabyFruit Ticker

• @dp21 I am a nurse on a super busy Pediatric floor. I only work a handful of shifts next month, so I'm paying for it now.  Soon, I'm dropping my hours so I'll have a few more days to spend with my little man. :)
    Egg Retrieval - Feb. 2013 -> OHSS.  FET#1 - June 2013(failed). FET#2 - October 2013(success!) Griffin Alistair: 6#10oz 20" long, born 6/19/14 @ 4:04am
  • dp21dp21 member
    @maladroit I'm a peds nurse too! I'll be going back at 20 hours after maternity leave, also doing FNP degree right now.

Me:

• 5/19 Heartbeat 123bpm
    • EDD 1/8/15

• @dp21 I don't know how you do a DNP program and work 50% with a kid.  Maybe it'll be easier for me to think about going back after he's in school.  I *just* dropped my hours to 80% now because I can't keep up at this point - WAY too much going on and even husband is getting run down from picking up slack, lol.  I think he'll be happy.
  • dp21dp21 member
    @Maladroit I don't know either. Pray for me lol.  I've been taking two classes while on maternity leave and seem to have gotten the hang of it.  Going to add work in between semesters (2 weeks of just work and baby), then school, work, and baby in May.  At least in May, it is just one class over the summer.  I'm nervous haha.

Me:

• 5/19 Heartbeat 123bpm
    • EDD 1/8/15

• Hello ladies! I used to be very active on here but after my new little one got her life got too busy for much else... Mind if i join in again? :-)

A little update: we have 2 boys! One 2y7m and one 7m. Between potty training, (he is amazing) and teething (2 in one more coming) no sleep, a hubs with 2 jobs and all else life throws our way, its busy here! I cant believe we still want one or two more babies! :-)

QOTD: we are in Washington and i cant wait to have less rain and sunny days! I miss the sun! We love to be out side but its rough when its cold and wet ALL THE TIME!

Started TTC in 2006, LOTS of trying, and trying, and 7 rounds of IVF with 13 embryos, 2 perfect little boys and 5 loses....
    All finished with babies, started to make diet changes, Keto, to be MORE for my kids, lost 30 pounds, still going, and 3 months in, I had a natural cycle, and then ovulated... Hubs and I are going to see what happens now... Maybe a natural pregnancy? After everything we have been through? Or just a return to normal hormones? We shall see what the future holds!

Baby Dust To All!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"