New Hampshire Babies

Good OBGYN in Southern NH???

I'm about 10 weeks pregnant with my first.  I live in Southern NH and have been to two OB appointments but am not super happy with the office.  I feel like they don't look at me as an individual but rather assume all pregnant women are the same and require the same information.  I'm wondering if someone out there has any experiences with offices that they really like and felt like they received one-on-one attention unique to who they are???

Re: Good OBGYN in Southern NH???

• I had a low risk easy pregnancy so I'm not sure if that had anything to do with it, but my OB was always rescheduling my appts. She is part of Generations OBGYN in Nashua (right next to the hospital). She would either be tied up at the hospital with surgeries, on call, or doing in-office procedures. The nurse practioner was fantastic though! I'm not sure if all Dr's are like that or if she was just too busy.

• I like the group at OB/GYN Associates in Merrimack.  I see a few of the doctor's there since I try and fit in the appointments around my work schedule.  I was asked to change appointments/doctors once when an emergency came up, but I think that's the way it is with OBs.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • You could look into finding a midwife. I'm switching from an OB to a midwife at 28 weeks. My OB appointments are barely 10 minutes. My midwife schedules an hour for each appointment.

I recommend watching the documentary The Business of Being Born - you can even rent it on Amazon or iTunes. That movie changed my view on birth completely. 

Good Luck! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thanks for the info.  A midwife is something I hadn't even thought of.  I will definitely look into that documentary.  I may be in touch to ask where to look.
  • I've been going to Generations.  I haven't had any appointments resheduled and found everyone there to be really great so far(I'm 29 weeks).  I agree that the nurse is awesome. 
  • I think I am going to stick to OB/GYN Associates of Southern NH:

https://www.obgynsnh.com/About

• I know this is old but any good midwives in southern NH you can tell me about? Hospital preference? Thanks!
  • Dr montanarella on canton st in Manchester nh she has midwives on staff everyone in the office is great. She's right across from the Elliott .
  • This is my second pregnancy and I have always been happy with Harbour Women's Health in Portsmouth.
  • Sorry to bring this thread back into action... but I am having a really hard time finding an Ob, and it is driving me mad. I called Women's care center, but they aren't taking new patients. So then I called Generations on Monday, and they said they would call me back. They didn't, so I called back on Thursday and she said they would call me back again (I emphasized that I wanted them to call me back that same day) and no one ever called back. I called Dartmouth-Hitchcock on Wednesday, and they said they would call back, so at the end of the day when I didn't hear from them, I called again and she said she would call me Thursday (which she never did). I am getting so frustrated and I haven't even had an apt. yet! Women's care center and generations are the two my primary suggested, so I have no clue where to go from here.
  • I ended up using midwives at the Birth Cottage of Milford. They are great. I'm not sure if you live far from there. I had a really bad experience trying to find a dr when I was first looking and I had just recently moved to NH. I ended up going to them even though it's not 100% covered by my insurance. Peace of mind and feeling respected was more important to me than money. They also will help you set up a payment plan that works with your budget.
  • I go to the Dartmouth hitchcock ob in concord nh and i absolutely love them. They got me an appt to be seen the same phone call i made to them... None of the ill call u back stuff... Is this the same one that gave u issues?
  • Anyone used Amherst OBGYN on Limbo lane? Specifically Dr Keever or the Birth Place in Nashua?