43. Thornton
    44. Tiberius
    45. Tobiah
    46. Vaughan
    47. Walden
    48. Ward
    49. Webster
    50. Win

https://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2010/07/28/baby-names-100-cool-uncommon-baby-names-for-girls-and-boys.html
  • Options
    If I were having a boy I was going to name him Kayden. But we found out we are having a girl. Her name will be Jaylah
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I thought we were having a boy and were going to name him Jerzey. But its a girl and we're naming her Jianna Jádore.
  • Options
    Are these names serious or are you ladies being sarcastic?
  • Options
    Jaylah. Oh my god, that is BEAUTIFUL!!!!!
  • Options
    Well believe it...what is your problem? I have know plenty of girls with the name Jianna, may have been spelled Gianna, but pronounced the same. You self righteous, judgmental people need to get a life and live a little, no one wants to name their child Mary, Joseph, and MOSES! Nor have the same name that everyone is naming their child such as Taylor, Bentley, Sarah, and many others....to each his/her own but I'm not a follow the leader type person. Get over yourselves..
  • Options
    FYI...The Italian alphabet does not normally include the letters J, K, W X and Y, but since there are some words derived from other languages that are normally used in Italy (as well as personal names), we included these letters in here. ...and once again...to each his/her own
  • Options
    Its really not kinda funny because I stated I don't care if someone likes or loves the name. I don't live my life based on what others think. Its a baby name forum which is why I posted, it wasn't to get your or anyone else's approval. Kudos to you that your children have names no one else has.
  • Options
    @kfedrick way to set your kid up in life. Bravo!
  • Options
    Firstimemom88Firstimemom88 member
    edited February 2015

I love the name, it's different and  it good to have a strong name to be represented. My girl is going to be called Jinora Mila (Jinora is the name of one of the character in a animated series called Legend of Korra) I fall in love with that name.  I also love the name of Eliria and Eileen even Khaleesi for a girl and for a boy I only have Matteo Kai but I may change it in a future.

• Options
    kfedrick said:

I thought we were having a boy and were going to name him Jerzey. But its a girl and we're naming her Jianna Jádore.

I love Jianna!! Very nice choice. Jerzey on the other hand... Not my favorite. I don't particularly like the S to Z changes people make.
  • Options
    missilini said:

Are these names serious or are you ladies being sarcastic?

What is wrong with Kayden, Jaylah, and Jianna? The only name that I would cringe at (aside from half on that "list" posted) is Jerzey... Which she isn't even using.
  • Options
    Jett, Indigo, Mac, Cruz, Cabo,
    Bobby Llewellyn born September 29, 2012
    Kade Wayne born July 23, 2015
    MC in February 2017
    MC in November 2017
    Oliver Dean (Ollie) due December 17, 2018

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Gianna, spelled properly, is beautiful. Jianna is a mess. Could be a stage name, though
  • Options
    Tia1DTia1D member
    I like Gianna spelled with a G, With a J doesn't make sense. I also like Kayden and Jaylah. I don't know how anyone can say that they're misspelled.
  • Options
    All of you guys on here with negative comments are bullies and I hope your kids don't have such a negative attitude
  • Options

All of you guys on here with negative comments are bullies and I hope your kids don't have such a negative attitude

Who knows. But I did give my children names that won't make them mocked at school. And that won't get their resume thrown in the thrash.
    So, if you think us saying 'wow, don't do that to a kid' is being bullied. what will happen to this child is real life?

And please look up the definition of bullying. You are taking it away from real victims.
  • Options
    @chmwilliams have you not seen the many social studies that have come up over the years? These children with 'wrong' spelling and 'made up names' are judged. And very harshly too. They are skipped for college applications and job interviews. They are passed over for promotions.
    they even did a study on people's name alone and had people describe them based on their name. While Jennifer and Mary's were favorables, the Neaveh, and names like this were described as 'dumb, lazy and stupid'.
    right or wrong, it happens. A lot.
    This world is hard. Don't make it more difficult by naming your child that is setting them up for failure.
    and no, this does not mean all our kids need to be Mary and David. But should some brains and respect when filling out the birth certificate.
  • Options
    holli0801holli0801 member
    edited March 2015

Misspelling your child's name only serves to make you appear undereducated.  People are going to judge.  Give your kid a properly spelled name that they don't have to explain all the time.  They'll appreciate it later in life.

I've had zero problems with my name being spelled differently. Doesn't make it not "proper" NOR does it make my parents look uneducated
  • Options
    I like: Kellen (Irish-not made up), Finn (kind of trendy, but I like it-short and sweet), Max, Silas (really not that common anymore)