August 2014 Moms

Magic Sleep Suit

mindfulmama14mindfulmama14 member
edited March 2015 in August 2014 Moms
I'm looking into getting a magic sleep suit. Which one do you ladies have? Any tips/suggestions I should know before buying one?

Re: Magic Sleep Suit

• I have a Merlins Magic sleep suite and absolutely love it but now that my LO can roll from back to front in it but can't get back to his back I had to put him In a sleep sack. My mom made mine but it looks like your standard one, since he moved a lot it gets twister but it does serve the purpose of keeping him warm
  • Oh cool! Ya, my LO can now roll from back to front as well... I wonder if he's too old for Merlin magic suit? He doesn't sleep well unless he's swaddled however I heard once they can roll they shouldn't be swaddled. So I'm not sure what to try.
  • Loading the player...
  • It was a great transition for us! Even though he could roll, it took him a while before he rolled in the suit. Then we had no problem using a sleep sack, he does great in it. I loved the sleep suit even though we only used it a couple months. Totally worth it for us!
  • They shouldn't be able to roll in the Merlin suit, and I think the instructions said that once they can, the suit shouldn't be used anymore. That said, we love ours. It kept her warm during this frigid winter and was a great transition out of the swaddle.
    TTC Since July 2013
    BFP #1 8/8/13, EDD 4/16/14
    MMC discovered on 9/18/13 @ 10w, baby measuring 9w. D&C on 9/26/13

BFP #2 12/7/13
    , EDD 8/12/13. It's a girl!
    Caroline Marie born 8/20/14. 8lbs 11oz, 21 inches and perfect!

• Is my daughter the only one who likes to sleep on her back? SHe never rolls to her tummy in her sleep. 

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • ekneippekneipp member
    edited March 2015
    @mercedesbenz802 Our son sleeps on his back too. He will roll over onto his stomach from time to time but right now it just freaks him out and he cries for me to come flip him back even though he knows how to roll the other way :) silly kid!
  • Is my daughter the only one who likes to sleep on her back? SHe never rolls to her tummy in her sleep. 

My LO doesn't necessarily like to be on his tummy. He does sleep on his back. But while he's rolling around he often ends up on his tummy. Although he does cry once if he's stuck in any position he doesn't like- I do worry about him not doing so if he's sleeping.
  • We used the Merlin suits until he outgrew them , he's a big guy. Now we have a zipadeezip. Nothing has been magic for ds, but I do like that he's totally covered in the zippy, hands too.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"