Cloth Diapering

Where can I buy cloth diapers without breaking the bank

I'm a single mother. It's pretty much me and not much support.

Best Answers

• Loading the player...

Answers

• I got mine on ebay, used mostly- lots of styles. I bought Chinese cheapies, too- but they are proving to leak consistently so far :-(

I did the math, the cost per day to use my "expensive" cover was $0.01 and the cost per day to use a cheaper cover that can't be resold due to partial delamination is $0.02 per day.....however, that's not quite accurate as I still use my partial delaminated cover as my back-up diaper bag cover. The cost per day to use flats inside those covers is so tiny.....like pennies per month. During the flats and handwashing challenge last year many of the moms succeeded in using a full stash of flats and covers that cost less than $50 total.....by using old cotton tshirts converted to flats, receiving blankets and flour sack towels.

YBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I'm a fan of The Cloth Diaper Tech Support group on Facebook
  • I got mine on ebay, used mostly- lots of styles. I bought Chinese cheapies, too- but they are proving to leak consistently so far :-(

I did this too, leaked a bit less when I put BG inserts in them, but still, I only use them as backup emergency diapers or swim covers.

Factor V Leiden Homozygous, Advanced Maternal Age

TTC #1, 5 yrs, PCOS, Femera + Ovidrel.

IUI#3 BFP, DD 5/31/2012

TTC #2, 2 yrs, PCOS, Femera+Ovidrel

IUI#2 BFP!

• Is that a trustworthy site? I've never bought anything from there.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Most of my stash are sunbabies and I couldn't be happier with them. I have some other more expensive brands but I don't notice any difference.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thanks for all the input!!
  • I got mine from friends and a thrift store near my house that always serms to have 3-4 each time i go, for the 30 diapers i have so far i only paid $10.00. I plan on paying it forward too though once my last one is out of diapers since it can get expensive Starting out
  • Kawaii diapers are not BumGenius knockoffs. Kawaii is a Canadian brand that is manufactured in China. BG is an American brand manufactured in the U.S. and Egypt. They are cut differently, the snap layout is different, the flaps that cover the pockets are different. I believe their entire product lines are very different. The way they fit on my child is vastly different.
  • Kawaii diapers are not BumGenius knockoffs. Kawaii is a Canadian brand that is manufactured in China. BG is an American brand manufactured in the U.S. and Egypt. They are cut differently, the snap layout is different, the flaps that cover the pockets are different. I believe their entire product lines are very different. The way they fit on my child is vastly different.

This is true, Kawaii are not knock offs of BG. BG has two snaps one above another on rounded tabs that are made of a different material. My Kawaii has three snaps on squared tabs, one of the snaps being back closer to the hips, and the tabs are from the same piece of fabric as the rest of the diaper. I want to say that my Kawaii are cut wider through the crotch than the BG I have.

YBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I'm a fan of The Cloth Diaper Tech Support group on Facebook
  • Anyone getting rid of their cloth diapers...don't have the money to buy new ones, please pm.
  • I second the prefold or flats option.  I got some Flip covers for $7 on clearance from BG, and use GMD flats and prefolds.  I use lots of pockets too, but everytime I use my prefolds and covers I think how crazy it is that everyone does not know about cloth diapers and how cheaply you could do it if you wanted to.  Once the nb poop-everytime-they-eat stage is over, you can just trifold the yellow edge in a cover and forget the snappi.

Noo, this is not what I wanted to hear. I bought a whole stash of the Chinese ones on eBay. The reviews were all positive, but then again they're never very thorough on eBay. Our budget didn't allow for more than $3 per diaper and $1.50 per insert because we barely make ends meet without diapers (LO is due in 10 days). Even used, I haven't found them for under $7 a piece..

Married 4/13/13

Loss at 6 weeks 5/4/2013

Loss at 9 weeks 12/2013

Healthy baby boy 7/12/15

Due 1/6/18

• ecmbecmb member
    Check eBay and your local craigslist for deals on used stashes

Me: 32  Hubby: 31

Married 12/29/12

Started TTC July 2014

Miscarriage August 2014

Emmett born February 2016

Expecting Baby #2 in August 2017

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/544e80

Noo, this is not what I wanted to hear. I bought a whole stash of the Chinese ones on eBay. The reviews were all positive, but then again they're never very thorough on eBay. Our budget didn't allow for more than $3 per diaper and $1.50 per insert because we barely make ends meet without diapers (LO is due in 10 days). Even used, I haven't found them for under $7 a piece..
    I made T-shirt flats for the Flats and Handwashing Challenge this year. I bought 6 XXL T-shirts for $1 each at Goodwill. Cut them up to make 12 flats. I'm no longer using them since I'm back to using my regular diapers, but they make great inserts for pockets.

Also, to the first post in this quote -- do you know what is causing the leak? Is the PUL damaged? Or could you just be dealing with a bad fit? Are they repelling? Just because a diaper is cheap doesn't mean it won't work for you. But at the same time, this is a great reason to have a diverse stash. Sometimes a diaper just doesn't fit for a while, so it's nice to have other things in your stash that will work.
  • Assuntas!
    $6 a piece and great quality!
    Read my post I just made on this!
    BabyFruit Ticker

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • edited July 2015
    My stash is Alva baby diapers and kawaii and I have no issues with either brands.
    Pregnancy #1 DD 08.30.2007
    Pregnancy #2 Natural Miscarriage at 6 weeks 03/2014 Due date 11/9/2014
    Pregnancy #3 DS 02.23.2015
    Pregnancy #4 Missed Miscarriage at 11 weeks 11/2018 Due date 5/22/2019
    Pregnancy #5 Positive test 12/11/2019 Due Date 8/17/2020

• for my ds i got most of mine second hand off diaperswappers.com or b/s/t sites off fb(there are a TON)
    Me: 29 | SO: 28
    Started Dating SO: 9/26/2009
    DS Born: 6/02/2012
    Tied the Knot: 11/14/2015
    Trying for Number Two since 9/1/15
    BFP!!! Baby 2 Due: 12/6/21
  • For my son (17 months) I got all his daycare diapers (pockets) used on Craigslist. The bamboo inserts for the pockets are from Facebook coops (Alvas) and I love them.
    We use covers and prefolds at home, which I got from Facebook coops (Alva covers are my favorite: thick PUL, double gussets, cute prints), and GMD.
    I also got prefolds and inserts from DiaperJuntion.com. Excellent quality and price
  • yodiggityyodiggity member
    edited September 2015

There are some Bumkins AIO for sale on woot right now for $9.99 plus $5 flat rate shipping. I bought three the last time they had these for sale and I just bought two more.
  • I use Joysdiaper diapers, it's cheap and comfortable for my girls.