Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

8 month old not wanting to eat

kat+1kat+1 member
edited March 2015 in Babies: 6 - 9 Months
could this be an regression thing or teething thing? I am not sure how to go about dealing with this because he has had such an Appetite for so long that not eating now is a huge difference.

Re: 8 month old not wanting to eat

• Options
    My lo was the same when he was teething. It lasted about a week or so.
  • Options
    kat+1kat+1 member
    Thanks hopefully he be out of it soon
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    KnbhKnbh member
    My son also lost interest in eating while his front tooth came in.

I spoke with a nurse about it, and she said it's really common and it should improve with in 1-3 days. The nurse said the act of nursing causes such friction on the gums that a lot of babies will reduce their milk consumption. However, she also said to bring him in if it lasted longer than three days so they could make sure nothing else was going on.
  • Options
    Solids before a year are not for calories or nutrition. If you BF let him tank up on BM, if you FF-- offer smaller bottles more frequently.

Teething can cause the entire head, jaw area to be sore. So opening to eat/chew/suck can be quite painful. I'd medicate (Advil) & see if that doesn't help some.

Sorbet is a real winner for us.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    My 8 month old is doing the same. I am assuming it is teething as he has also been generally really fussy and smacking his gums a lot. Poor little fella! It's been super stressful because he was already on the low end for weight to begin with. But hopefully he will be back to normal soon. Appreciate the 3 day timeline. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"