March 2015 Moms
Options

Does anyone else just want to be left alone?

I feel really selfish for just wanting time and space to myself. Absolutely horrible for pushing my kids and partner away but I'm constantly fighting the urge to puke and suffering from SPD to the point every movement is sooo painful I want to cry. Just don't know what to do I hate being laid up its upsetting my OCD and nesting instinct but the pain is unbearable

Best Answers

• Loading the player...

Answers

• Options

Vent! My step mom just criticized me for making 6 meals ahead of time. Wtf? She said it's a baby, not the apocalypse and that if I needed time to cook when the baby got here then grandparents should be watching her. Ummm... Sorry I'm not sorry for wanting to prepare 6 meals! I just don't know why she has to make me feel stupid for wanting to prepare for arrival of a newborn. So. Angry.

I can't believe she said that!! A lot of people make meals ahead. I only did a couple meals and have other easy meals in mind but I want everything here at the house so we don't have to go out unless we WANT to. I feel like I'm preparing for a disaster. Lol. I just know that I will spend less money than my husband due to couponing and sale shopping. I already told my mother that when she comes over I might need her help with chores so I can bond/relax with the baby. No way am I gonna be the one waiting on people. I also am going to limit the amount of people who come each day so we don't get more tired.
  • Options

Vent! My step mom just criticized me for making 6 meals ahead of time. Wtf? She said it's a baby, not the apocalypse and that if I needed time to cook when the baby got here then grandparents should be watching her. Ummm... Sorry I'm not sorry for wanting to prepare 6 meals! I just don't know why she has to make me feel stupid for wanting to prepare for arrival of a newborn. So. Angry.

I can't believe she said that!! A lot of people make meals ahead. I only did a couple meals and have other easy meals in mind but I want everything here at the house so we don't have to go out unless we WANT to. I feel like I'm preparing for a disaster. Lol. I just know that I will spend less money than my husband due to couponing and sale shopping. I already told my mother that when she comes over I might need her help with chores so I can bond/relax with the baby. No way am I gonna be the one waiting on people. I also am going to limit the amount of people who come each day so we don't get more tired.
    I think that limiting the amount of people that come each day is smart! You shouldn't have to entertain while caring for a newborn. I really feel like people are selfish when a new baby comes. I mean, I know they're excited and mean well, but no one thinks about how hard it can be on the parents.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    For SuzyQ and all the M15 losses

• Options
    lizard1892lizard1892 member
    edited March 2015
    Ha! @ suziemags - Just the thought of actually telling someone that makes me chuckle! Love it
  • Options
    I'm so glad I'm not the only one feeling like this, it makes me feel so much better knowing it's not just me x
  • Options
    ju123ju123 member
    @adelems
    Yes I totally agree I have had a rough pregnancy in my many ways and people keep asking if I need something but I think it's more for politeness lol

At the end of the day people don't really come to my house to clean and cook for me!
  • Options
    ju123ju123 member
    I have had those days! You may be needing a break for sure!!
  • Options
    @adelems I feel the same way! I struggle because I don't want to seem selfish, but I was the one who had to change my life style and ruin my body -- I want to hold the baby! My husband doesn't get it. :( meh
    Pregnancy Ticker
    For SuzyQ and all the M15 losses

• Options
    I'm due march 24th, and my MIL asked me if I could please wait until the week after to have the baby, because she has a conference at work that week and won't be able to slip away.

Ummmmmmmmm it's not like a dinner party I'm hosting, where I can just post-pone!!!! Plus being late sounds like the last thing I want to do!!! I know she's half-joking because obviously she knows the baby will come on it's own time, but Geeze!!!! Just annoying at how everyone only thinks of themselves and how the baby will impact them!
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    I have certain friends that I'm currently avoiding like the plague. One in particular bc she is a post op nurse, and any time I mention the baby or the pregnancy she has to offer her medical opinion. My opinion may not be right, but I'm sorry, you are NOT an OB and I'm going to take MY drs experienced advice over yours (she doesn't even work with babies or pregnant woman!). Some other friends I avoid bc I kind of feel like they are sick and tired of hearing how tired and achey I am.

I try and remember the amazing ppl in my life, like my mother and my neighbours. One set of neighbours in particular have been so helpful! From helping us get the nursery ready, to lending me a bunch of newborn clothing, to offering to care for our 3 dogs when I go into labour. My mom spent the weekend cooking for us, so now our freezer is stocked up for the first several days that baby is home AND she is planning on staying with us for a couple days to help. I'm so thankful for her bc my father is not really in the picture (my choice) and my husbands parents are deceased, so she really is the only grandparent.

• Options
    I'm now 40+ a day. My mom's husband is driving me insane. I live with them which does not help. But I've been working up until 2 days before my due date. He hadn't had a job from November to about 2 weeks ago. I was sitting on the couch and he came at me telling me I'm a bad person for not doing more. That I need to be willing to have more kids and that he really knows what is best for me. My mom just sat there. I said I appreciated his opinion and walked away. I am more than tired of everyone around me at this point. Please get this baby out of me!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"