June 2015 Moms
Options

Summer babies and toddlers

I have a 16 month old toddler right now and we really wanted to take her on a trip this summer to a water park or a little kids amusement park but worried we won't because of how young our newborn will be? Has anyone taken trips like this with a new born or is it something we should wait to do next year?

Re: Summer babies and toddlers

• Options
    Im a FTM, so maybe my opinion doesn't matter, but personally I would wait. 16 months old seems pretty young to appreciate a trip to a water park. Im sure he/she would be happy as a clam to go to a local pool or better yet have a plastic pool or sprinkler in the back yard. Maybe a picnic, too. :)
  • Options
    I'd suggest not necessarily a water park but an outdoor pool. A newborn won't be able to really go in the water, but you can still spend time outside and your 16 month old can still swim/splash around. And you and your husband or whoever goes with you can take turns going in the water and sitting with the new baby. Just not too much direct sun for the newborn. Take an umbrella or sit in the shade
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We have an 18 month old who goes crazy playing in the water. We are getting her a water table this summer. Seems much more relaxing watching her play in our own yard instead of a crazy crowded waterpark.
  • Options
    I would love a pool or water on our yard for her! Then we'd have zero reason to want to take her to the water park lol but we live in a house with a house right out the windows on both sides. We may just skip out this year or ask my parents to keep the baby and we just take her for the day!
  • Options
    KovakKovak member
    Are there any parks with splash pads in your area? DS really enjoyed them but you do kind of have to watch out for older kids getting a little rough. DS was about 16 months old when we started going this last summer.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    My little boy is 21 months now and he loved water parks even last summer and know he would love them this year, too. He's just as happy to be in any sort of water though. I agree, see if you can find a splash pad! So much easier to watch the toddlers in. Or if you can find someone to sit with the babe, outdoor pools are lots of fun, too, and your toddler won't know the difference! :)
  • Options
    We are in a very small town. The most we have is a pool but it is pretty disgusting to be honest lol that's why we were going to go to the closest city that has better stuff for her to play in. They have a kiddy water park thing separate from the main one so a lot of shade for the babies.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"