September 2015 Moms
Options

FTM bumps?

Re: FTM bumps?

• Options
    It seems to me there are a lot of threads on the board that could be considered unnecessary, the "I don't belong here" thread being one of them in my opinion, but I don't think there's a lot of harm done with having those threads. I saw that the "I don't belong here" thread was revived this morning, but it doesn't bother me, I ignore it. 

Maybe some people can have their threads that seem unnecessary to me, but some people find useful. And us FTMs posting here can have this thread that we find useful? And yes, anyone can post in this thread. I refrain from commenting in threads for STMs as a courtesy, but I certainly don't mind STMs posting in here. Even if it did bother me, it's not like there's anything I can do about it since it's an open forum. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

melewen said:

@nutmegger2 somehow I feel like a thread for ALL FTM is a bit different than "omg do you like this name".. but then again, I'm a know-it-all so take it with a grain of salt! 

You are now the one dragging this out another day and I won't engage any more.

FTR: for all those saying how you couldn't POSSIBLY compare, I find it funny how you all seem to have what u see as huge bumps, and my big, fat, stretched out STM uterus is just giving a little bloat. Magic.

[IMG]https://i57.tinypic.com/25q9fkx.jpg[/IMG]. I don't known hey that's not working i suck at Internet.
    Lol don't worry @Nutmegger2 my big fat stretched out TTM uterus is only giving a little bloat to. If I push my gut out I look 5months preggo lol. And your bump I mean bloat looks cute ;)

Gurrrrl, I can do that not pregnant. ;). Had a 10 lb-er last time via Emergency C after 4 hours of pushing. Not labor. Pushing #FlabbyMother'sApron4Lyfe
  • Options
    Well I think a FTM bump thread is a good idea.. It lets the FTM actually see other FTM process.. Because I see women 10 weeks && huge but I'm 10 weeks && nothing..
  • Options
    Nutmegger2Nutmegger2 member
    edited March 2015
    melewen said:

The arguing still blows my mind. I just don't see how it MATTERS if FTM's have a bump thread! As you can see, if you actually read any of our posts, we're all still a bit confused as to what's normal and it's amazing to have a group of women going through something for the first time with you! I don't know why that's fightin' words to a few of you. I also don't know how sarcastically trying to quip that your fat STM uterus is only bloating (imagine that!) is relevant to a FTM *actually* showing at 13 weeks. I belong to another forum where anyone with this sort of attitude would be totally shamed for their negativity, and I have been shocked at the downright rude responses here. I like the idea of having the community in my app but damn.. the cattiness is pretty sad!

You are the one who said you couldn't compare yours to A STM becuase we show faster....

Also, if you're confused by what's normal, maybe you should seek advice from people who HAVE been there. Aboailutely it's important to commiserate with other FTM, but that's like taking travel advice from someone who has never been to the destination instead of someone who lives there. It's not longer a bout the thread itself. It's about the attitude. I think I've expressed my opinion. I'm done.
  • Options

I'm shocked that everyone's arguing about this.

We're all carrying a little miracle here!

If FTM's want a post for FTM's bumps, then what's the problem?

I'm a STM & do feel different about this pregnancy, as I've already had a baby, although my symptoms are very different, from when I was carrying my son.

Questions that FTM's have, especially over there bumps, are different I think, than a STM. I am showing a hell of a lot quicker than when I was pregnant last time.

Also, I'm 37 now, my body's changed a lot from when I was in my 20's, which a lot of FTM's are.

At the end of the day ladies, we're all here to support each other through this wonderful journey, so let's do just that.

Isn't that whats most important on this forum?
    :-)

This!!! Yes. Perfectly said. I might be a little biased by your adorable husky cuddling with an adorable child picture though ;):D I have two huskies and I can't wait for them to meet my little peach!
  • Options
    Is it bad that i cant tell if i have a bump? Ha. I just feel chunky..and am normally small 114 pounds and i thought when i started showing it would be a bump not blubber
  • Options
    @sidskinner is it there in the morning! Let's see a pic ;)

As soon as I typed that I felt like a skeezy dude in a chat room hahaha

@ijdorweiler i don't think you were defensive. You were just literally disagreeing with someone claiming you were wrong about your own body. That's baby in my eyes! I was told I looked preggers too! I was like wait.... What now?! Hah!

I personally tried sucking in as much as possible and the low bump bit still doesn't go away. I am SHOCKED to have a bump so early but totally loving it!
  • Options
  • Options
    melewen said:

Yes! @mrspyrowiz I feel you. I also feel like um am I not supposed to be showing yet?! Is this just like.. a food baby?! I asked a girl in my Bradley class last night and she said she THOUGHT she started showing at 10 weeks but didn't really pop until 13 so now I'm like, but.. wait.. my.. hmm..

@ijdorweiler You shouldn't feel self-conscious! I mentioned this somewhere else but I scoped a lot of pregnancy progression graphics on Pinterest and whatnot and TONS of FTMs seem to show pretty early. Like attached
    This is a super cute idea. I haven't decided if I'm gonna do something like this yet but I guess I should make up my mind soon lol
  • Options
    Btw @seamonkey4 you are so tiny!!
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Nessy430 said:

Actually, the ENTIRE point of HDBD posts is to have EVERYONE post bump photos at the same time of week every week to track progress. Perhaps instead suggest that in the HDBD thread, everyone say if they are a FTM or not until everyone gets to know each other. I just don't understand the need to segregate bumps.

It's so funny how it's the "positive" people that keep the fight dragging on by pulling up comments from 36 hours ago

"JUST LET IT GO! Don't be NEGATIVE,"
  • Options

Oh lord give me strength... I wasn't going to comment but here goes... What @Nutmegger2 & @Madisonpenny are saying is right. Why start a new bump thread when there are so many other boards on it? Before you pounce on me I do understand that being a FTM its all new to you and exciting but really a FTM bump thread?? Is it really necessary? When most of you FTM have previously posted in the other bump thread. I'm not having a go. I'm a TTM 11wks 3days & NOT showing yet it's still all bloat. So I'm really in the same boat as you FTM. I know FTM can't compare to STM OR TRM etc but some of us ladies that have had children already are not showing. Like what has been said multiple same post get pushed aside people's posts that have a genuine question or need help. HDBD Is a good idea and you can say then if your 1st 2nd or 3rd time mummy. Please I'm not having ago I'm just stating the obvious..

"Is it really necessary?" WHY DO YOU LADIES CARE? I don't get it lol. Just stop. Let us post away on our ridiculous FTM bump board and you can all PM each other and laugh at us. Seriously, it's enough already. Who the hell cares. I agree with @mrscaterosales if someone started another FTM bump board a few days from now, yes that would be silly. This is simply an individualized board a FTM @melewen thought would be fun, so the FTMs can have a way to bond over the ways our bodies are changing...and since we are FTM, we have no clue what the hell to expect day to day. Just leave it alone. This board is not hurting you. :-h
  • Options
    Nessy430Nessy430 member
    edited March 2015

Nessy430 said:

Actually, the ENTIRE point of HDBD posts is to have EVERYONE post bump photos at the same time of week every week to track progress. Perhaps instead suggest that in the HDBD thread, everyone say if they are a FTM or not until everyone gets to know each other. I just don't understand the need to segregate bumps.

It's so funny how it's the "positive" people that keep the fight dragging on by pulling up comments from 36 hours ago

Uhhhh.... Someone commented on this at like 3:30pm today (PST). It was on the first page of threads for me. And yes I'm going to read the posts to see what's going on, just as I'm sure you do.
  • Options
    Nessy430 said:

Oh lord give me strength... I wasn't going to comment but here goes... What @Nutmegger2 & @Madisonpenny are saying is right. Why start a new bump thread when there are so many other boards on it? Before you pounce on me I do understand that being a FTM its all new to you and exciting but really a FTM bump thread?? Is it really necessary? When most of you FTM have previously posted in the other bump thread. I'm not having a go. I'm a TTM 11wks 3days & NOT showing yet it's still all bloat. So I'm really in the same boat as you FTM. I know FTM can't compare to STM OR TRM etc but some of us ladies that have had children already are not showing. Like what has been said multiple same post get pushed aside people's posts that have a genuine question or need help. HDBD Is a good idea and you can say then if your 1st 2nd or 3rd time mummy. Please I'm not having ago I'm just stating the obvious..

"Is it really necessary?" WHY DO YOU LADIES CARE? I don't get it lol. Just stop. Let us post away on our ridiculous FTM bump board and you can all PM each other and laugh at us. Seriously, it's enough already. Who the hell cares. I agree with @mrscaterosales if someone started another FTM bump board a few days from now, yes that would be silly. This is simply an individualized board a FTM @melewen thought would be fun, so the FTMs can have a way to bond over the ways our bodies are changing...and since we are FTM, we have no clue what the hell to expect day to day. Just leave it alone. This board is not hurting you. :-h

It's been left alone for HOURS. every comment someone makes to yell at us brings it back. Don't you see that? Goodness
  • Options

Nessy430 said:

It's been left alone for HOURS. every comment someone makes to yell at us brings it back. Don't you see that? Goodness
    Oh I'm sorry, I didn't realize there was an expiration date on being able to voice my opinion.
  • Options
    Nor me mine, so if you want to continue fighting p, that's fine, I'd moved on until you tagged me. Wanna get it going again? That's not very"positive"
  • Options
    This makes my head hurt! I think the FTM thread is great. I think a bump thread for everyone to participate is great too! However I just look like a fatty right now and wont be participating either way.. haha
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Nessy430 said:

Nessy430 said:

Uhhhh.... Someone commented on this at like 3:30pm today (PST). It was on the first page of threads for me. And yes I'm going to read the posts to see what's going on, just as I'm sure you do.

The thread may still be going, But you quoted MY post from yesterday morning, I've let it go as everyone has suggested so you all could go along comparing u your bumps/bloats.. I suggest you do the same.
  • Options
    I voiced my opinion, I'm good thanks.
  • Options
    Cool, so stay on the thread & post away @Madisonpenny. Or don't. Don't try to twist this into me "segregating" FTMs from everyone else. It was just part of my point. My mom had my twin brother & sister 16 years after being pregnant with my younger bro, and she still remembered what it was like to be pregnant and go through the different stages. More-so than someone who has never done it before.
  • Options
    yessirio said:

@melewen I'm not a ftm but I think u guys deserve ur own post :)
    I have two kids n now pregnant, we show more I think, so is good to have conversations with new moms like u guys
    Good luck ladies n don't pay attention to negative ppl lol :)

Love women that do this instead of whine ❤️ Plus the positivity just makes me happy.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
  • Options
    HAHHA ^^^
  • Options
    This. Shit. Got. Cray. 8-}
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"