Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

Baby won't take pedialyte please help!

My baby boy is 3.5 mos old and has diarrhea. I took him to see his Pedi and she gave him pedialyte, which he needs to take 2-3 oz after each bowel. I put some in the bottle and gave it to him. He would take the first swallow and realize that's not milk, and not drink anymore. I even tried the dropper, doesn't work either. Please help!!!!! Any suggestions would be appreciate

Re: Baby won't take pedialyte please help!

• Options
    You might just have to force it in with a dropper. Once you squirt it in his mouth, lightly blow on his face so he will swallow. Don't panic, you'll figure it out.
  • Options
    you are supposed to keep it refrigerated but you do have the option of warming it up too. will he take it warm? have you tried the flavors? they make the clear for infants but there should also be an option of flavor for them as well!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I haven't try to warm it. Since he likes his milk to be warm. I will try that and if it doesn't work, I'll try the different flavor. This is my first baby and I have no experience on anything. Thank you for the advice
  • Options
    curious as to how it worked out for you!? First babies are trial and error. There is no wrong way there is just your way. (which in my opinion is never wrong)
  • Options
    Thank you Mrs. Stanger it works out very good. I tried the unflavor and warm it up and he drinks it fine. He got a little better but still diarrhea :(
  • Options
    i would recheck with the pedi. sounds like there may be more to it! Pedyalite wouldn't necessarily as it just keeps the lo hydrated but its been a week now! I hope things get better quick!
  • Options

You might just have to force it in with a dropper. Once you squirt it in his mouth, lightly blow on his face so he will swallow. Don't panic, you'll figure it out.

Yep. Point towards his cheek & squirt. Reduces gagging.

If you mix the pedialyte with a little sorbet (peach was a winner for us) then it seems to go over better. You can also freeze with some fruit (strawberries, kiwi) & put the mushed up mixture in a mesh feeder.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    Ask your pedi about some rice cereal? I normally am not a fan of it before 6 months, but it might help baby slow the poop parade a bit. :(

I might investigate further about the diarrhea. I'm sorry.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"