August 2015 Moms
Options

Congested mama

I'm so miserable. I can't breathe out of either nostril. I've tried everything to get relief... Well, except for real medication. It's so unfair that when you're pregnant everything is labeled unsafe and so we must just suffer through. I have a two year old... I need my sleep. To make things worse she is also sick and is also limited on what is safe to take for relief. Sorry, I just needed to rant. I almost posted to FB... But the thought of people replying "have you tried this...?" made me cringe. Rant over.

Re: Congested mama

• Options
    I'm going to say have you tried this lol! I'm stuffy too have been since day one of the pregnancy! My doctor told me robitussin DM is safe to take! Maybe ask yours?
  • Options
    Sorry I have to do it too because I know how you feel and this really helped me a month ago! I took a face cloth and soaked it with hot water and but it over my face for a couple minutes. It sounds so simple but it really helped my congestion and let me sleep! Good luck :-(
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks ladies. I tried the face cloth, it was soothing, but I'm still all congested. My husband got me some robitussin dm... It is on my list of approved meds, I just didn't think to use it bc I don't really have any other cold symptoms. Hopefully it is better than Benedryl or Sudafed.
  • Options
    It may be pregnancy rhinitis. Go to a ENT and talk to them! I am on rhinocort which was recently approved for pregnancy.
  • Options
    I feel ya. I have a killer sinus infection & feel like NOTHING is working. Letting it run its course. It sucks not being able to smell or taste anything. :( hope you feel better soon!
  • Options
    @hollyberri I was recently put on Rhinocort as well.  Has it helped you?  It hasn't helped me yet.  

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I use medicated Nasal spray when I Just can not breathe! Dr said it was perfectly fine
  • Options
    I have had bad colds and congestion on and off since December.
    I use the neti pot squeeze bottle with the salt solution twice daily. It seems to help!
    Hang in there.
  • Options
    I have been congested too but only for the last couple of weeks. If I try to blow my nose, I get a nosebleed :/ it's especially annoying when it happens at 4:00am.
  • Options
    I am congested every night. I got a humidifier yesterday and last night was so much better! Not a 100% fix but definitely helpful
  • Options
    I've had a bad cold since sunday. I seem to be over the sneezing/coughing but I'm still quite stuffed up. I'm hoping it isn't pregnancy rhinitis and that its just a lingering cold symptom. I'm pretty miserable. Today I actually cried I was so frustrated. Oddly enough the crying did help break the mucous up a bit. I don't feel that bad I just can't breath.  I did get a neti pot type thing (the squeezy bottle) and a humidifier today so here's hoping tonight will be better. :) Hope you ladies feel better as well!
  • Options
    I've had horrible congestion most of my pregnancy! It seemed to go away and then come back a few nights this week. I'd be so stuffed up that blowing my nose wouldn't even get anything out. But has anyone tried the Neddy Pot! It looks like a tea pot and u put sailine in it with warm water in it and put it up one nostril and it's supposed to come out the other and open u up. The last time I used this i had just put water. Filled up the pot, poured in. And NOtHING came out! And when I looked in the pot it was half empty!! Where did ALL that water go?! But instead of doing that I just put warm water up my nose from the skin n snort it up kinda. And then blow my nose n it clears me up. Lol it's weird but it works.
  • Options
    I tried to fight my cold with a saline rinse, humidifier, sudafed, and Robitussin. Then when I saw the ENT it was a full blown infection. I took an antibiotic and still use the humidifier. But I feel so much better. Try what these ladies suggested and if you don't get well soon, speak with your doctor.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"